Concerts you are going to thread/been too

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Santa View Post

Now that's a coincidence! I hope those fine pieces will be available at your gig. Especially the last one would surely look killer when framed on the wall.

Cooper has an online store as well with tons of other killer stuff. He is one of my favorite poster artists.
    I'm definitely going to pick one up. I want the last one. That would look sick in a nice silver frame. Also, Also, the two bands are signing 5 posters to go on sale at every gig. It'd be sweet if I got one that was signed. Cannot wait. Tomorrow night is going rock !!

Comment

• Nine Inch Nails & Queens of the Stone Age. 15/03, Melbourne AUS.

This was my first ever concert for both bands so to say I was pretty excited was an understatement. I've been hanging to see NIN for years and when they announced they were coming out with Queens it was too good to be true. Here's my review of this mind blowing concert event.

When I arrived Brodie Dalle from The Distillers, and Josh Hommes wife was warming up the crowd with some pretty ferocious sounding tunes. I didn't know any of the songs but she was entertaining. After she finished there was a break and then..

...with the Halloween soundtrack as their intro music (which sounded super creepy blaring so loud through concert speakers) NIN graced the stage first and kicked it off with Somewhat Damaged from The Fragile. Great opening song and one of my all time fave tunes of theirs. I was fearing that their set would be Hesitation Marks heavy but this was not the case. The set was diverse and they played a few songs from each album. Something I Can Never Have and Reptile were highlights from the first half of the set but it was the second half where it just went mental. The Great Destroyer, Wish, Only, The Hand That Feeds and Head Like A Hole were fucking crazy, and the light and visual show that they had complimented each song perfectly. If I had one complaint it was that Reznor didn't interact with the audience at all. No chatting to the crowd or anything like that, just a few thank you's here and there. They played Hurt for their encore which was a great finish to their set.

After a break and stage change out came the mighty Queens who also ripped into it with the first two tracks from the Songs From The Deaf album. What a way to start the show ! Their set was also diverse but was very ...Like Clockwork heavy, which was fine as I think that's one of their best albums. The band Homme has with him now are killer and sound just like the Queens of old. Their visuals were also great as they had a giant screen behind them showing heaps of animated imagery relating to their album covers and other Queen-ish style images. Josh Homme is such the showman and was a lot more entertaining than Reznor. The guy wouldn't shut up, which I loved. He chatted to the crowd between songs, introduced songs, introduced all of the band members and even got a sing a long going for Make It Wit Chu. Cliched concert stuff but it made the gig feel more personal and involved. Their encore was the best part of their set. Feel Good Hit of the Summer was drawn out and longer and fiery and their last song, A Song For The Dead was an absolute powerhouse. Homme was on fire and they truly went out with a bang.

Overall, it was a fucking fantastic and flawless concert but Queens just edged out NIN for being more fun. I'll definitely see both bands again.

NIN set list

Somewhat Damaged
      Letting You
      March of the Pigs
      Something I Can Never Have
      Sanctified
      Reptile
      Disappointed
      What If We Could?
      (Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross cover)
      Copy of A
      The Great Destroyer
      Gave Up
      Wish
      Survivalism
      Only
      The Hand That Feeds
      Head Like a Hole
      Hurt

Queens set list
      You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, but I Feel Like a Millionaire
      No One Knows
      Avon
      My God Is the Sun
      Burn the Witch
      Smooth Sailing
      Kalopsia
      Turnin' on the Screw
      If I Had a Tail
      Fairweather Friends
      Little Sister
      I Appear Missing
      Make It Wit Chu
      Sick, Sick, Sick
      Go With the Flow
      Encore:
      The Vampyre of Time and Memory
      Feel Good Hit of the Summer
      I Sat by the Ocean
      A Song for the Dead
      Last edited by Rusted; 03-16-2014, 04:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post

Overall, it was a fucking fantastic and flawless concert but Queens just edged out NIN for being more fun. I'll definitely see both bands again.
        Expected nothing less.
        So, did you get the poster?
        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa View Post
          Expected nothing less.
          So, did you get the poster?
          No they were all sold out. I'll pop down to Beyond The Pale and get on there.

Comment

• Gambino was INSANE last night. God damn!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
              Gambino was INSANE last night. God damn!!
              How many college kids on drugs did you see?

Hate Because the Internet but I would love to see some of his other shit live.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                How many college kids on drugs did you see?

Hate Because the Internet but I would love to see some of his other shit live.
                hate, eh? Sheesh.

You would have hated the concert in that case, he played almost the entire album.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                  hate, eh? Sheesh.

You would have hated the concert in that case, he played almost the entire album.
                  "Hate" is a strong word but my interest in the album is almost entirely thematic.

You read the script that came with the album? It's great.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                  I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Fleetwood Mac - December 19, 2014 - Sunrise, Florida

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
                      Fleetwood Mac - December 19, 2014 - Sunrise, Florida

This is going to be the best tour of 2014!

Comment

• Originally posted by gwally View Post

As far as Classic Rock goes, it won't get any better than this.

Comment

• April 2nd Carcass, The Black Dahlia Murder, Gorguts, Noisem!
                          <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
                          R.I.P.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
                            Fleetwood Mac - December 19, 2014 - Sunrise, Florida
                            Originally posted by gwally View Post

I'm waiting for them to announce Aussie dates as they cancelled last year.

I'm going for sure. I love Fleetwood Mac

Comment

• Saw Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats last week and it was fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                                I'm waiting for them to announce Aussie dates as they cancelled last year.

I'm going for sure. I love Fleetwood Mac
                                I scored 6th row, Lindsey's side!

I never caught the Rumours line up together, and the last time I saw Christine was on the Behind The Mask tour....needless to say, i'm really looking forward to this.

Comment

Working...
                                X