Dubstep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dubstep

Just wondering if anyone else here is a fan? If you don't know what Dubstep is this wiki entry (quite accurate for once I might add) will explain everything and has some useful links as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubstep

I love the sound myself, if you like big filthy analogue basslines and industrial terror you may be a fan.
    I have been playing at a few Dubstep venues over here in the UK recently and the atmosphere is always wicked.

Any links to some music?
    If I win the lottery, I'm keeping you in an endless sea of bitches.

Comment

http://www.dubstep.fm/

thats a radio station based some where in the US I believe, if you want to hear the more traditional UK sound then check this site

http://www.getdarker.com/

You really need a decent set up that can handle the basslines though because with out the basslines you kinda miss the point.

Artists I recommend:
      Kode 9 and the Spaceape
      Goth-Trad
      Cotti
      Skream
      Loefah
      Kromestar
      Burial
      Benga

Search the above artists on myspaz or whatever.
      Last edited by KINGHORROR; 05-06-2008, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I've tried... I really have... but I cannot get into this stuff, at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
          I've tried... I really have... but I cannot get into this stuff, at all.
          thats fair enough man, its not for everyone, I think you really have to experience it live on a proper sound system to fully appreciate it, even then its not everyday music.
          Makes me a bit of money though

Comment

Originally posted by KINGHORROR View Post
            thats fair enough man, its not for everyone, I think you really have to experience it live on a proper sound system to fully appreciate it, even then its not everyday music.
            Makes me a bit of money though
            I just find it boring, even for electronic music. Not really atmospheric enough.

Comment

I have a Lee Perry & King Tubby album and it has a number of tracks that have a good roll to them. Definitely what I will be listening to at the beach on a summer day, real calm like.
              FREE DOBEDOBE!

Comment

Originally posted by Coffin Bloood View Post
                I have a Lee Perry & King Tubby album and it has a number of tracks that have a good roll to them. Definitely what I will be listening to at the beach on a summer day, real calm like.
                Ah but that would be Dub which is something entirely different, still though King Tubby and Lee Perry are both gods in my eyes and have helped shape electronic music with their production techniques, they pretty much invented the remix for a start.

Comment

Uh... Totally unrelated music

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
                    Uh... Totally unrelated music
                    Oh, well the genre was influenced by reggae and dub therefore it is related soooo go finger your anus somewhere else elitist prick
                    FREE DOBEDOBE!

Comment

I love dubstep. It started with my love for a lot of loud heavy bass.. but dubstep really 'speaks' to me. I like to be able to feel it in my chest, if you will.

Datsik
                      Borgore
                      Excision
                      Skream
                      Flux Pavillion....

Comment

Here's some good dubstep bands I've recently gotten into...

Skrillex

[YOUTUBE]YJVmu6yttiw[/YOUTUBE]

Krewella

[YOUTUBE]EZ9-1WD-rBA[/YOUTUBE]

Knife Party

[YOUTUBE]CSemARaqGqE[/YOUTUBE]

Helicopter Showdown

[YOUTUBE]XGSXMj4z0Io[/YOUTUBE]

Zomboy

[YOUTUBE]4jV9HCUNzpk[/YOUTUBE]

Any other fans on here?

Comment

Oh, well the genre was influenced by reggae and dub therefore it is related soooo go finger your anus somewhere else elitist prick
                          Wow, a thread with Coffin Bloood in it. I guess I never did get around to banning this guy.

Comment

Here's two more I really like....

Excision

[YOUTUBE]kAM9bUGAVLE[/YOUTUBE]

Datsik

[YOUTUBE]JI4IqYx0cEI[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

I just can't get into it. I love all styles of electronic music but dubstep just sounds like a fax machine going spastic. I need a decent beat and a melody. To me this is screamo metal of the dance world.

Comment

Working...
                              X