ISIS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
    I've heard of them for a long time, but the thought to actually check them out in depth has always eluded me. I'll give them another listen.
    i just can't seem to love these guys.
    i've always liked them, but i've never been swept up in their music, so to speak.

Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
    I hope the new Pelican isn't bad. I miss the rough edge they used to have, but I still enjoy quite a bit of their more recent material.

I like City of Echoes a fair amount. "Bliss in Concrete" is stellar.

For my money, Pelican doesn't get much better than "March into the Sea."
    Australasia and Fire in Our Throats are perfect for what they are. unanimously, and correctly regarded as their best work.

Bliss in Concrete was great, for sho.
    and their Pink Mammoth EP a few years ago was excellent.

Comment

• Originally posted by jarofsap View Post
      i just can't seem to love these guys.
      i've always liked them, but i've never been swept up in their music, so to speak.
      Really?

I think both Somewhere Along the Highway (Finland is one of my favorite post-metal songs ever) and Eternal Kingdom are on par with Panopticon and Oceanic.

Amazing albums.

The Beyond and Salvation are stellar too. I really love CoL.

Comment

• Originally posted by jarofsap View Post
        Australasia and Fire in Our Throats are perfect for what they are. unanimously, and correctly regarded as their best work.

Bliss in Concrete was great, for sho.
        and their Pink Mammoth EP a few years ago was excellent.
        I got into Pelican after getting into Lento, which you got me into.

Did you ever check out Icon by them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
          I got into Pelican after getting into Lento, which you got me into.

Did you ever check out Icon by them?
          fuck i can't remember that album at all.

Comment

• Ipecac Recordings will issue Temporal, a retrospective collection of unreleased ISIS rarities, remixes and videos this November.

Temporal spans the seminal band’s entire discography with inclusions from Mosquito Control to the band’s final full-length, Wavering Radiant.

Aaron Harris comments on the release: “It was fun and also very nostalgic collecting material for this release. I hear our catalogue differently now that I’m not living with these songs day to day. This is a special collection of outtakes, demos, unreleased tracks and videos, some of which I think we even forgot about.”
            Wuhuu!

Comment

• Originally posted by black coffee View Post
              Wuhuu!
              I read about that on Lambgoat. I'd like to be stoked about this, but I'm just not. Maybe it's because, to me, Isis has always been a band that is best listened to in the context of an album, not a compilation.

Comment

• Anyone checked out Temporal yet?

I'm loving it. I think I might like the demo versions of the previously released songs better than the original ones. Especially the demo of Ghost Key. So good. And the acoustic version of 20 Minutes/40 Years is jizz worthy.

Fuck, I miss this band!
                Last edited by black coffee; 11-11-2012, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X