ISIS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISIS

They've slowly been going from a band I thought was pretty good to one of my favorites.

The way they combine ambience, atmosphere, and aggression, into one gigantic wall of sound, is truly amazing.

Favorite album? Panopticon.

Love 'em all though.

Show some love for the almighty ISIS !

Panopticon is by far their best album, though I really like Oceanic as well.

OT, but anyone who is into stuff like ISIS or NEUROSIS...
    http://www.myspace.com/amenra

Your new favorite band. And better than Isis.
    Last edited by Doc; 08-09-2008, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Pretty good, but better than ISIS?

Not even by a long shot.

Anyways, back on topic;

I recommend their DVD, Clearing the Eye. They're an intense live band.

Comment

ISIS is excellent...awesome band, Oceanic and Panopticon are great albums.

If I can make a recommendation too, check out Rosetta if you've never heard them. They're just as amazing as ISIS for my money.

Oh, and thanks for the link Doc...that shit sounds great.

Comment

Rosetta are awesome too, definitely.

Comment

not a huge fan but i have listened to the albums mentioned here and they are quite good, also saw them live and it was cool real atmospheric.

Comment

It's ok, I'm here I'm here. What'd I miss? haaha

Love all the albums, but Oceanic has to be my favourite.
              Just bought Panopticon on vinyl last weekend. Been aching to play it, but my needle's busted.

Anyone get the 'Shade Of The Swarm' vinyl box set? If so, how many blowjobs do you want in exchange for it? hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by jarofsap View Post
                Anyone get the 'Shade Of The Swarm' vinyl box set? If so, how many blowjobs do you want in exchange for it? hahaha.
                OMFG, I didn't know about this. I just googled it and HOLY SHIT.

I MUST HAVE THIS BOX SET!

Totally jizz worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                  OMFG, I didn't know about this. I just googled it and HOLY SHIT.

I MUST HAVE THIS BOX SET!

Totally jizz worthy.
                  They sold out immediately. I would have been on this in a second if my girlfriend had a full time job back then and was chipping in her portion of rent, as she is now. Now it's all eBay.

I emailed the band about this, and they said that there might be a limited quantity available again at some point, but no details. Also asked 'em if Oceanic would ever get a proper vinyl release on it's own and they said it was coming, but no date yet. I just think it's incredibly cool that they got back to my email within a week. Love when bands show they give a shit about their fans.

Comment

Damn...

Comment

indeed.

i'm not killin myself to get the set though. I have all the albums on CD besides the Sawblade and SGNL>05 EP's.

Hydrahead's website is a great place to buy that kinda stuff. Shipping is normally cheap, and they're very reliable for delivery. I must have givin those guys almost about $500 by now. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by jarofsap View Post
                        indeed.

i'm not killin myself to get the set though. I have all the albums on CD besides the Sawblade and SGNL>05 EP's.

Hydrahead's website is a great place to buy that kinda stuff. Shipping is normally cheap, and they're very reliable for delivery. I must have givin those guys almost about $500 by now. haha.
                        For those of you who don't know him. Jarofsap is the biggest self glorified groupie of Hydrahead records.

Comment

I also love Hydra Head records.

Their store got some great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by active_enemy View Post
                            For those of you who don't know him. Jarofsap is the biggest self glorified groupie of Hydrahead records.
                            I resemble that remark as well. Nothing wrong with that jar.

Comment

Originally posted by active_enemy View Post
                              Hehehe. It's true. I'm such a whore to that label. hahaha. But they're band shirts are classy lookin, and they don't charge out the ass. So ya, I'll plug their shit sometimes. haha.

Just spent a good chunk of last night goin through eBay. That Shades of the Swarm boxset is going for around $250.00 plus an assload of shipping cost, so I won't be jumping on that right yet.

Though there was a lot of ISIS vinyl and rare shit going for fairly cheap. May place a few bids once the next paycheque rolls in.

Comment

Working...
                              X