Gojira

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malfeitor View Post
    Yes, they are named after Godzilla, or the mispronunciation of it anyway.
    It's not the mispronunciation, it's the original name for Godzilla.

Anyway, I've tried listening to these guys before, but the few songs I've heard were pretty boring.

Recent Movies:
    Kick-Ass - 9/10
    The Human Centipede - 7/10
    Iron Man 2 - 5.5/10
    A Nightmare on Elm Street '84 - 8/10
    A Nightmare on Elm Street '10 - 3/10

Facebook
    last.fm

Comment

Backbone is one of the most crushing songs. That riff...fucking love it. Such a great band.

Comment

Originally posted by jarofsap View Post
        Maybe In Flames will play some old shit. I'll suffer through their new crap for anything off Jester Race (if they even play that stuff anymore, doesn't match their new emo style I'm sure).
        They played a decent amount of old shit at the Toronto show. Gojira was a great opener, infinitely better than All that Remains. I can't wait to check 'em out again.
        Last edited by mR_BuNgLe; 11-20-2008, 04:20 PM.
        LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
          They played a decent amount of old shit at the Toronto show. Gojira was a great opener, infinitely better than All that Remains. I can't wait to check 'em out again.
          Damn you, I missed that show. Too much procrastination, by the time I realised it was the next day I couldn't book the time off work. I'm sure they'll have a headlining tour soon, and I'll be at that one.

So what's a decent amount of old shit? not quite half the show? I dunno if I could sit through the new stuff waiting.

And ya, All That Remains blow.

Comment

The Way Of All Flesh > From Mars To Sirius > The Link

That's how I seez it.

"Someone once told me time is a flat circle. Everything we've ever done or will do we're gonna do over and over and over again."

- Rustin Cohle

Comment

Originally posted by SYL View Post
              The Way Of All Flesh > From Mars To Sirius > The Link

That's how I seez it.
              Have you heard their first album, Terra Incognita?

Comment

Have you heard their first album, Terra Incognita?

I forgot to check that one out.

"Someone once told me time is a flat circle. Everything we've ever done or will do we're gonna do over and over and over again."

- Rustin Cohle

Comment

I forgot to check that one out.
                  Definitely find that shit. It's a little more death metal than their others.

Comment

From Mars to Sirius is probably my favorite. All their records are solid though.

Comment

So what's a decent amount of old shit? not quite half the show? I dunno if I could sit through the new stuff waiting
                      From with I remember they played a song from Lunar Strain, and Whoracle, a couple from The Jester Race, and Clayman, and the rest was spread out, but they were a little heavy on the last two albums. Overall I enjoyed the show and was pleasantly surprised by the classic shit they did play.

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                      From Mars to Sirius is probably my favorite. All their records are solid though.
                      I've been listenin' to that like mad since the show, that and the new one.
                      Last edited by mR_BuNgLe; 11-29-2008, 10:54 AM.
                      LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

New avatar and sig.

I am so going to get The Link Alive this christmas... Can't wait!

- Rustin Cohle

Comment

New avatar and sig.

I am so going to get The Link Alive this christmas... Can't wait!
                          can't see the sig cause of firewall, but nice av.
                          Link Alive is awesome. you won't be disappointed.

Comment

Definitely find that shit. It's a little more death metal than their others.
                            You got a problem w/ death metal, punk? Just kidding, The Way of All Flesh is slowly creeping up on FMtS as my favorite Gojira release.

Comment

Originally posted by Malfeitor View Post
                              You got a problem w/ death metal, punk? Just kidding, The Way of All Flesh is slowly creeping up on FMtS as my favorite Gojira release.
                              They all just rattle together for me. It's all about what mood I'm in I guess.

Terra, to me, is their Soul of a New Machine release. Heavy as all fuck, and dirtier than the rest. Sometimes that's what I wanna hear. I've almost bled the new album dry from too many repeat listens and I think I'm back to The Link for a while now.

Comment

I never really gave "The Way of All Flesh" a fair chance, but it has really hit home with me lately. The song "The Art of Dying" is fucking incredible.

Can't wait to hear more music from these guys. Definitely one of the most interesting metal bands out there today.

Comment

Working...
                                X