No announcement yet.

Gojira

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loves me some Gojira. Saw them with In Flames, and their setlist got cut wicked short...or they just played 3 songs or something...it sucked...wish they just cut out the band they got to replace All That Remains and let Gojira play longer...

John Bonham playing Moby Dick for real!

Is it November 3rd yet?

Comment

So it's been like an year since this band was introduced to me (Thanks, Jar!) and upon numerous listens to all the albums, I've had a change of heart:

From Mars to Sirius > Terra Incognita > The Link > The Way of All Flesh

Also, I've read somewhere (can't remember where) that they were going to shoot a new DVD soon and that the new album will probably come out in 2011. Sucks about the long wait for a new record, but another DVD? Awesomeness.

"Someone once told me time is a flat circle. Everything we've ever done or will do we're gonna do over and over and over again."

- Rustin Cohle

Comment

can't believe this thread took an entire year to revive.
        haven't listened to these guys in a little while, besides Terra, which was re-released a while ago. think i'm very much in the mood for some Gojira again.

Comment

The word "mediocre" exists because of this band's music.

Recent Movies:
          Kick-Ass - 9/10
          The Human Centipede - 7/10
          Iron Man 2 - 5.5/10
          A Nightmare on Elm Street '84 - 8/10
          A Nightmare on Elm Street '10 - 3/10

Facebook
          last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by zach View Post

Comment

Originally posted by zach View Post
              gonna call bullshit about a dozen times on this statement.

Comment

Love this band,but for some reason FMTS doesnt bode well with me. I got introduced to these guys by a friend of mine and that was the album he played and I was just like "so?" Then,a few months later,I discovered The Link on my own and these guys are easily one of my favorite bands. I will have to say that The Way Of All Flesh is their best album.

Comment

Originally posted by ScramblesTheDeathDealer View Post
                  Love this band,but for some reason FMTS doesnt bode well with me. I got introduced to these guys by a friend of mine and that was the album he played and I was just like "so?" Then,a few months later,I discovered The Link on my own and these guys are easily one of my favorite bands. I will have to say that The Way Of All Flesh is their best album.

The Link would be the album that doesn't really bode well with me, it's a great album, but I do think it is there worst. I hate to go with the rest but FMTS is my favourite. I think Gojira and Mastodon are two of the bands really keeping metal alive in this sea of absolute garbage that is amidst us.

Comment

Originally posted by Empyre213 View Post
                    The Link would be the album that doesn't really bode well with me, it's a great album, but I do think it is there worst. I hate to go with the rest but FMTS is my favourite. I think Gojira and Mastodon are two of the bands really keeping metal alive in this sea of absolute garbage that is amidst us.
                    Not true,brohaim. We have alot of great metal bands these days. Granted alot of them arent as complex as Mastodon,but we have some good ones. The Abscense,Demiricous,Chimaira,Shadows Fall,Warbringer,Municipal Waste,Skeletonwitch,Devildriver,Unearth,3 Inches Of Blood- Lots of good bands that are keeping the torch alive,are many more to mention but I just went with the obvious.

Comment

Way Of All Flesh is their most complex album,breaks up the repetition of FMTS.

Comment

I just recently started listening to this one of a kind band and they've been throroughly blowing my mind. I'm having an absolute blast with all 4 of their albums.

[YOUTUBE]syUammrXn_k&feature=PlayList&p=5E94B042D48A6998&pl aynext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5[/YOUTUBE]

Fucking awesome..

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                        Jurassic World - 7/10
                        Speed - 8.5/10
                        John Wick - 9.5/10
                        The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                        Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

I gotta check them out they sound good.

I thought this was a discussion of the movie.

Comment

[YOUTUBE]XYtShocIOM0&feature=PlayList&p=75470E31A3ECCA2D&pl aynext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=40[/YOUTUBE]

I usually don't give a fuck about lyrics but Gojira's are sweet. Love the vocals, love the riffs they come up with and Mario Duplantier is an insane drummer.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                            Jurassic World - 7/10
                            Speed - 8.5/10
                            John Wick - 9.5/10
                            The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                            Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Originally posted by MrBearIsNekromantik View Post
                              I gotta check them out they sound good.

I thought this was a discussion of the movie.
                              same here.

You didn't let me finish. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna bash your brains in!

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                                I just recently started listening to this one of a kind band and they've been throroughly blowing my mind. I'm having an absolute blast with all 4 of their albums.
                                glad to hear it man. if you ever get the chance to see them live, preferably headlining, don't hesitate.

Comment

Working...
                                X