X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

06.02.09 toronto, on molson amphitheatre
    on sale: tba
    presale: tba

lame! so when do they pre-announce the pre-sale??
    there's no way I'll get a ticket in time. i dunno how the fuck people get at these before they sell out.

last time they were in town my friend was lined up at the store, 3rd place in line (out of MANY), and he still didn't get one.

Comment

I have listened to PRETTY HATE MACHINE and THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL a shit ton, love em both. I never listened to THE FRAGILE or YEAR ZERO, and only listened to WITH TEETH a little bit. I got PRETTY HATE MACHINE way back in probably 96 or 97. I only got DS in 2005 or so. Now, in 2009, its time to start listening to THE FRAGILE. Its funny cause I knew I would eventually listen to it, but I was more than satisfied with replaying DOWNWARD SPIRAL over and over, noticing something extra that kicked ass everytime. Ill probably listen to WITH TEETH in 2011 or something.

Best songs - A Warm Place, Eraser, Reptile, The Downward Spiral, Hurt
      Terrible Lie, Something I Can Never Have, Sin, Ringfinger

Comment

I haven't enjoyed NIN since The Fragile. I liked that Reznor had seemingly grown up (exception of Starfuckers), and I eagerly awaited his departure from teen angst lyrics and the crutch of hiding behind the name NIN. In short, I was looking forward to the first 'Trent Reznor' album, full of grown up musical endeavors and the like. Instead, he waited several years, and continued writing the same fucking songs.

Highlight = Fragility 2.0 tour. Goddamn introspective, great sound. One of the best concerts I've attended.
        myspace: thefeelofcotton

i bet you rub cotton and eggs on your dick.
        How did he know?!~

Comment

Did he ever really hide behind the name NIN? Seems like it's pretty much always been Reznor just with a band name attached. I'm not a big fan of With Teeth but thought he delivered with Year Zero and especially with the remix cd for it. Ghosts is decent enough although I'm not the biggest fan of all instrumental cds. The Slip grows on me more and more I listen to it. I'm interested to see what he has in store next. Even thought I think With Teeth is pretty boring it still beats most of the crap that is released in today's market.

Originally posted by LookMeInTheEyes View Post
          I have listened to PRETTY HATE MACHINE and THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL a shit ton, love em both. I never listened to THE FRAGILE or YEAR ZERO, and only listened to WITH TEETH a little bit.
          Go guy Broken as it's one of the best little musical recordings ever released. The Fragile is very strong too. I like Year Zero but some hate it. Things Falling Apart and And All That Could Have Been are very strong too!
          Last edited by Outpost #31; 03-04-2009, 08:46 PM.

Comment

the whole fictional world surrounding Year Zero was pretty interesting.

don't know why more artists try that angle out.

Comment

The Slip is their best album since The Fragile.

People who think it's just another "With Teeth" or "Year Zero" should definitely check it out.

You can download it for free on NIN's website.

Comment

3.5.09: FULL LINEUP ANNOUNCED!

Our tour this summer with Jane's Addiction just got that much cooler. I'm happy to announce the addition of Street Sweeper - the new project featuring Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine / The Nightwatchman) and Boots Riley (The Coup). Have an exclusive first listen RIGHT HERE.

We are aiming to make this much more than just three acts sharing a bill...
                Tour dates RIGHT HERE.

On sale info coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jarofsap View Post

3.5.09: FULL LINEUP ANNOUNCED!

Our tour this summer with Jane's Addiction just got that much cooler. I'm happy to announce the addition of Street Sweeper - the new project featuring Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine / The Nightwatchman) and Boots Riley (The Coup). Have an exclusive first listen RIGHT HERE.

We are aiming to make this much more than just three acts sharing a bill...
                  Tour dates RIGHT HERE.

On sale info coming soon.
                  So now you have gone from Hydrahead to Trent Reznor's publicist?
                  I tell you what man if that small time band NIN ever becomes famous then you are gonna start pulling in huge figures and raking in the cash!!!

Comment

Originally posted by active_enemy View Post
                    So now you have gone from Hydrahead to Trent Reznor's publicist?
                    I tell you what man if that small time band NIN ever becomes famous then you are gonna start pulling in huge figures and raking in the cash!!!
                    hahah. naw that post was out of giddy excitement.
                    fuckin Jane's, as a full band!!!!

i'd be just as psyched if i heard Faith No More had Canadian dates on the reunion tour.

Comment

So is this NIN's last tour ever or their last tour before a hiatus? I just saw them on their last tour, so if it's just a hiatus I won't be in a rush to see this tour.
                      Take your pants off

Comment

Originally posted by dribbz View Post
                        So is this NIN's last tour ever or their last tour before a hiatus? I just saw them on their last tour, so if it's just a hiatus I won't be in a rush to see this tour.
                        it's a hiatus i heard. i'm guessing trent's gonna keep writing and putting out some kinda solo stuff though. I saw Nails with QotSA and Death From Above a few years ago. They put on an amazing show, but I'm paying to see Jane's.
                        Last edited by jarofsap; 03-12-2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I saw Nails with QotSA and Death From Above a few years ago. They put on an amazing show, but I'm paying to see Jane's.
                          Now I really hate you!

Comment

Now I really hate you!
                            if it's any consolation i was deathly sick at the time, and they weren't serving alcohol at the show cause Metallica fans fucked up beer privileges for a while.

Comment

hahah. naw that post was out of giddy excitement.
                              fuckin Jane's, as a full band!!!!
                              Think of the ego's on that tour :

Trent Reznor
                              Perry Farrell
                              Dave Navarro
                              Eric Avery
                              Stephen Perkins
                              Tom Morello

Fuck being the tour manager of that bunch!

Comment

Think of the ego's on that tour :

Trent Reznor
                                Perry Farrell
                                Dave Navarro
                                Eric Avery
                                Stephen Perkins
                                Tom Morello

Fuck being the tour manager of that bunch!
                                hah, fuck i know. from where i stand it looks awesome, but i wouldn't wanna be in charge of keeping all those people happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X