Secretary - Steven Shainberg
    The Holy Mountain - Alejandro Jodorowsky
    Y Tu Mamß TambiÚn - Alfonso Cuarˇn
    A Night at the Opera - Sam Wood
    Prozac Nation - Erik SkjoldbjŠrg
    Zombie Strippers! - Jay Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Danny! View Post
      Great band, nonetheless. To me, they'll always stay black and stay proud!
      Yeah... that isn't how musical genres work. They released some material early on that definitely qualified as Black Metal of sorts. For a while now, though, they haven't been a BM band.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbass101 View Post
        Check out the uncensored version.
        I think i did before isnt it just more shots of the hot naked european chick running around

Comment

First wave black metal all the way for me:

-Bathory
          -Celtic Frost
          -Mercyful Fate
          -Venom
          -King Diamond (solo)

I'm not a huge fan of anything after the 80's black metal, but there are few exceptions like:

-Deathspell Omega
          -Immortal
          -Nachtmystium
          Straight up necrophilia to satisfy your corpse-fucking appetite.
          you just wanna spank it to some corpse lovin.
          The idea of a woman not saying no...I came.

Comment

Originally posted by The Raping Tree View Post
            First wave black metal all the way for me:

-Bathory
            -Celtic Frost
            -Mercyful Fate
            -Venom
            -King Diamond (solo)

I'm not a huge fan of anything after the 80's black metal, but there are few exceptions like:

-Deathspell Omega
            -Immortal
            -Nachtmystium
            The bands you listed aren't really considered the first wave of black metal infact their not black metal at all they're all thrash/heavy metal. None of them ever labeled themselves black metal except for maybe venom. The first wave of black metal was mayhem and the other norweigan bands of the early 90's. It wasn't until this wave of bands came out that anyone labeled them black metal and that's only because they were cited as inspiration for the genre.

Comment

Originally posted by zach View Post
              Although this is true for some of the one man black metal projects, look at bands like Burzum. There really isn't a lot of musicianship going on there.
              Burzum 4 Life ... is Vikernes still in jail?

Edit:

During Vikernes' imprisonment (1993–present)

Currently, Vikernes is in prison for the murder of former bandmate Euronymous as well as the arson of several churches in Norway. During his time in prison, Vikernes has recorded two albums in a dark ambient style. They were released as Dau­i baldrs (1997) and Hli­skjßlf (1999).

In 2003 during a week long release from prison, he failed to return to the prison in the preordained time. Some days later, he was found riding in a stolen Volvo which contained an unloaded AG3 automatic rifle, a handgun, numerous large knives, a gas mask, camouflage clothing, a laptop, a compass, a GPS, various maps, and a fake passport. Thirteen months were added to his sentence as a result.[3][4]

Comment

Originally posted by themaskofsatan View Post
                The bands you listed aren't really considered the first wave of black metal infact their not black metal at all they're all thrash/heavy metal. None of them ever labeled themselves black metal except for maybe venom. The first wave of black metal was mayhem and the other norweigan bands of the early 90's. It wasn't until this wave of bands came out that anyone labeled them black metal and that's only because they were cited as inspiration for the genre.
                Well, wouldn't they be "considered" the first wave of black metal then since they were labelled black metal by fans (including future bands) and were the first ones to sound anything like it and lead to it? Plus, even though quorthon didn't label himself as black metal, he has pretty much the same style and sound as alot of black metal bands have; high pitched/harsh vocals, low quality production, fast paced songs with abrasive drums, and satanic/norse themes. i would consider him black metal because he was the blueprint for tons of black metal bands to come.
                Straight up necrophilia to satisfy your corpse-fucking appetite.
                you just wanna spank it to some corpse lovin.
                The idea of a woman not saying no...I came.

Comment

All the bands he listed as favorites (except for King Diamond) are considered the first wave of black metal even though they didn't label themselves it. Norwegian black metal from the early 90's is considered second wave.

This is basic black metal knowledge.

I personally don't like anything from that era besides Bathory.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tool Shed View Post
                    All the bands he listed as favorites (except for King Diamond) are considered the first wave of black metal even though they didn't label themselves it. Norwegian black metal from the early 90's is considered second wave.

This is basic black metal knowledge.

I personally don't like anything from that era besides Bathory.

King diamond is more black metal then anyone....ever.

I guess techincally they are the first wave but how can they be considered black metal when all but one band ever labeled themselves black metal. This is like the whole who invented death metal argument i always get into.

Bathory is great but their later stuff gets pretty corny they went way overboard with the whole pagan metal thing
                    Last edited by themaskofsatan; 09-29-2008, 09:50 AM.

Comment

King diamond is more black metal then anyone....ever.
                      Right along with circus clowns and snowflakes.

Bathory is great but their later stuff gets pretty corny they went way overboard with the whole pagan metal thing
                      I'm not a huge fan of the newer stuff either but Blood Fire Death is a great album and that's when they started changing their sound.
                      sigpic

Comment

Right along with circus clowns and snowflakes.

I'm not a huge fan of the newer stuff either but Blood Fire Death is a great album and that's when they started changing their sound.
                        yeah blood fire and death was good and so was hammerheart but not a huge fan of the later stuff except for maybe Nordland

this song is fcking epic

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTEi_PlFEWU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTEi_PlFEWU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
                        Last edited by themaskofsatan; 09-29-2008, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Abigor
                          Absu
                          Ancient
                          Bathory
                          Behemoth (1993-97)
                          Belphegor
                          Borknagar
                          Burzum
                          Carpathian Forest
                          Dark Funeral
                          Darkthrone
                          Demonic Christ
                          Emperor
                          Enslaved
                          Enthroned
                          Gehenna
                          Goatwhore
                          Gorgoroth
                          Immortal
                          Limbonic Art
                          Lord Belial
                          Marduk
                          Mayhem
                          Naglfar
                          Ragnarok
                          Satan's Host
                          Satyricon
                          Ulver
                          Vreid
                          Windir

I left out Venom because as some have stated & while I always agreed there more thrash then anything.

Comment

Have you ever heard Emperor's cover of "A Fine Day to Die"? It was what introduced my to Bathory.

[YOUTUBE]LgDop5DFtfY[/YOUTUBE]
                            sigpic

Comment

Have you ever heard Emperor's cover of "A Fine Day to Die"? It was what introduced my to Bathory.

[YOUTUBE]LgDop5DFtfY[/YOUTUBE]
                              Fucking love Emperor, this cover is a bonus track on the 'In the nightside eclipse', also a cover of 'gypsy' by Mercyful Fate.

Comment

Originally posted by KINGHORROR View Post
                                Fucking love Emperor.
                                Me too. I pretty much enjoy everything but the Thorns vs. Emperor split.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X