Thought I'd post some epic live performances:

[YOUTUBE]9M83gjA0uxw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]siFUDDfa5aE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]8eyy-jgzqsg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]fe_aFmAEhjY[/YOUTUBE]
    (That ending )

[YOUTUBE]c9y73WPSnE0[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

I didn't even there was a thread on these guys. Glad, you bumped this bc. Love this band. Been listening to them for about 3 months now. I'm a fan of Isis and these guys definitely remind me of them, because of their sound.

Comment

Red Sparrows is a similar band. Very recommendable too, if you like Isis and COL.
        But this album is just a masterwork:

I will check those youtube links. I saw them once live on a festival in the evening, it was outstanding - unfortunately too short.
        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

The story, behind Eternal Kingdom, makes the album even greater:

Cult of Luna rehearsed in an area that was once the site of a long demolished mental institution. Upon moving their practice space to a different spot on the same site, the band uncovered long forgotten relics of the hospital, including old apparatus and medical journals. Amongst the discovery was the diary of Holger Nilsson, a former inmate of the prison placed there after drowning his wife. The diary was titled 'Tales from the Eternal Kingdom'.

Digesting the diary, the band realised that they had stumbled upon the ramblings of a madman. In the diary, Nilsson blamed the death of his wife on the Näcken, a Swedish folk entity believed to be Satan. The diary created a completely imagined world in which owl men and tree men all contributed to a fantasy story that explained why Nilsson was innocent of the crime.

Comment

Yes, I know the twist behind this concept album. Amazing stuff. You can even buy the diary on their website for 30 Euro bucks.
            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

The mighty CULT OF LUNA is back with a new album to be released in January 2013!

VERTIKAL’, the new studio album from Sweden’s Cult of Luna, will be released via Indie Recordings in Europe on 25th January and Density Records in the US on 29th January 2013.

VERTIKAL’ marks a much-anticipated return for the band after
              five years spent cultivating the ideas and directing the influences that have helped form a concept for the album. Distilled throughout are themes of machinery, repetition and clear, linear structures honed to the visual imagery of Fritz Lang’s classic expressionist science-fiction film ‘Metropolis’. The music broods, builds and boils as you may expect from Cult of Luna, but never over-complicates itself or veers from its intentions; it is arguably their finest and most cohesive piece of work to date.

Cult of Luna will be returning to the live arena for a full European tour, with a new set of dates just announced in April & May in addition to the previously announced period around the album’s release in January & February. There are US dates being planned and the band intend to tour further in late 2013.
              They're playing in Copenhagen in April. I'll finally get to see them live.

So excited.

Comment

NEW SONG!

[YOUTUBE]Sox7rt-KDEk[/YOUTUBE]

Simply massive!

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                  NEW SONG!

[YOUTUBE]Sox7rt-KDEk[/YOUTUBE]

Simply massive!
                  sounds really great. Plus, the cover is nice too!
                  Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Vertikal leaked some days ago.

It's a monster. So good.

Comment

Working...
                    X