The Mars Volta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
    I love the new album. I've listened to it about 4 times now and it just gets better.

Completely different from everything else they've done.

The vocals are not high pitched anymore, the guitar is not so sporadic and overall there are a lot more electronic/ambient influences.

Some might think this is a bad thing when talking about The Mars Volta, but it's a nice change of pace.

This band can do no wrong.
    I'm picking it up tomorrow. They haven't released a bad album yet. My favorite is still Frances the Mute.

Comment

Frances might be my least favorite. All those long passages of "noise" can get annoying.

De-Loused and Bedlam are my favorites.

Comment

Roulette Dares is fucking brilliant.

De-Loused>Bedlam=Octahedron>Amputechture>Frances (IMHO)

Haven't heard the new stuff yet.
        sigpic

Comment

Frances is their most creative and experimental album. Thus it is my favorite.

Deloused is easily my least favorite, it just feels like an "intro" album for what's to come.

Comment

De-Loused In The Comatorium and Frances The Mute are brilliant. Bedlam and Amputechture are great and Octahedron is a pretty great album also. I'm giving their new album a try and it's pretty good so far.

Comment

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013...volta-split-up

Comment

fuck!

Comment

Someone told me this the yesterday. Umm, yeah...fuck that! I still want more.

Omar's new self titled is pretty awesome though.

Comment

Working...
                  X