• Show
Clear All

• First Listen: Baroness, 'Yellow And Green'

http://www.npr.org/2012/07/08/156292...llow-and-green

Comment

• Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
      First Listen: Baroness, 'Yellow And Green'

http://www.npr.org/2012/07/08/156292...llow-and-green
      I was surprised by the softer sound here when I picked this up, but it's still a satisfying listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
        I was surprised by the softer sound here when I picked this up, but it's still a satisfying listen.
        Fuck yeah.

I love this album.

Tired of all the close-minded "fans" who bash this for not being br00talz enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by black coffee View Post
          Fuck yeah.

I love this album.

Tired of all the close-minded "fans" who bash this for not being br00talz enough.
          Probably the same folks who were distraught by Cave In's Jupiter, which is still arguably their best album.

Yellow & Green had it's harder moments, but they took it really easy on most of the songs... not in a bad way though. I really enjoyed the variety of guitar tones and keys they used.

Comment

• I'm with you guys as I love the new Baroness. Some fans will never be happy with different directions some bands take unfortunately.

Although their last cd sucked major balls here is the new 10 Years single which is at least listenable:

[YOUTUBE]OpT2Xszvj-s[/YOUTUBE]

New Bob Mould song.....YES!:

[YOUTUBE]0wuLuXFEs6s[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Awesome:

[YOUTUBE]WtiVfsJjcP0[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
                Some fans will never be happy with different directions some bands take unfortunately.
                Like most fans many will just move on to the next cool thing when it hits anyway.

Infini-Tropolis

Comment

• Originally posted by WodenHorde View Post
                  Like most fans many will just move on to the next cool thing when it hits anyway.
                  Sucks but true. I'm amazed at the wagon jumpers out there at times. Lots of good bands have breached out and tried different spins on their style.

Yes!:

[YOUTUBE]FMkuIdogkTI[/YOUTUBE]

Yes!Yes!:

[YOUTUBE]JmcOSKuD-Gg[/YOUTUBE]

Yes!Yes!Yes!:

[YOUTUBE]_doKf5N4YNU[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• This should be cool!

Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready recently revealed that there is roughly an album’s worth of songs that the mid-90′s side project, Mad Season, never got to record with vocalist Layne Staley before his return to Alice in Chains and eventual death. Now it appears that Screaming Trees singer Mark Lanegan will lend his voice to the project that may be out as early as this year.

Mad Season was a side project featuring Staley and John Baker Saunders on bass (both of whom are now deceased) with McCready and Screaming Trees drummer Barrett Martin rounding out the lineup. The band almost became more than just a passing side project, as both Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains were going through “growing pains.” Ultimately, Staley returned to AIC and Pearl Jam moved forward as well.

During the time following the release of their only album, ‘Above,’ the group reconvened without Staley and recorded a number of demos. “We have 13 unreleased songs we never did,” McCready explained before announcing his intentions to draft another singer to finish the songs. We’re trying to find singers that are up to the caliber of Layne to do justice to it. I know a lot of [great singers] but it’s just getting the commitment.”

According to Guerilla Candy, at least one of those singers will be drummer Barrett Martin’s former bandmate, Mark Lanegan. This news, delivered by Martin himself, is highly likely, as Lanegan helped pen two of the songs on their debut album and also sang with Staley on ‘Long Gone Day.’ There was no mention as to whether Lanegan would be the sole vocalist on the project or when it will be released. Previous statements from McCready indicate that the target date for the album is sometime near the end of 2012.
                    http://banana1015.com/mark-lanegan-t...-season-album/

and
                    Post-hardcore faves Quicksand have been booked to perform on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon on Aug. 22. So make yourself a note to tune in. It's a Wednesday night.
                    Wish they'd work on a new studio album. 2 cds were way too little for a great band such as Quicksand!

[YOUTUBE]l00goSOzwvA[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Check out the two performances of Quicksand from Jimmy Fallon!!! AWESOME Looks like nobody has Youtube'd the performances so here's the link to Fallon's page. They performed Omission and Fazer. I want new material!!!!!!

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/music/

Comment

• Too bad the dude filming was kicked out after 13 minutes of a recent Quicksand Bowery show. Great sound and video. The atmosphere in that crowd/performance is off the hook! Bet that was one hell of a fun concert to attend. They sounded beyond awesome all these years later. Please let these guys stay together and give us new music!!!!!

http://vimeo.com/48271777#at=0

Comment

• Fuck Yeah!!!

[YOUTUBE]LthqgugRIjo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_1zrJ-8JzdY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]0sKTHT5DHx4[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Im really annoyed that the best Ozzfest lineup in over 10 years is going to be in Japan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morningriser View Post
                              Im really annoyed that the best Ozzfest lineup in over 10 years is going to be in Japan.
                              Looks like they have some great bands playing! Bummer it's only over in Japan

This has me super excited this morning:

[YOUTUBE]K657TWbYmVE[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• New Palms song leak:

[YOUTUBE]hGceJQb-ZFo#![/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Working...
                                X