No announcement yet.

Random Music Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting that show Arch! Some of my favorite concerts have been NIN shows. Never can go wrong buying a ticket to go see Reznor perform. I haven't had a chance to view much of it yet but will this weekend.
    Sometimes, you just have to be offensive to offensive people - Max Nofziger

Comment

Listened to Flotsam and Jetsam's No Place For Disgrace on the way home from work tonight. I sometimes only break out some of my older metal cds in spurts but always reminded how much I love those bands especially from '87 to '89 as there were a ton of really solid cds to come out........ Flotsam's NPFD, Nuclear Assault's Survive and Handle With Care, Suicidal Tendencies' Join the Army and How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today and Controlled by Hatred/Feel Like Shit...Déjà Vu, Sanctuary's Refuge Denied, Fates Warning's No Exit and Perfect Symmetry, Anthrax's Among the Living and State of Euphoria, Slayer's South of Heaven, 3 King Diamond cds, and the list really can go on and on. It's amazing how much good shit came out between '87 and '89.

Comment

Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
        It's amazing how much good shit came out between '87 and '89.
        In this period of time alot of my favourite Thrash Metal albums were released:

Kreator - Extreme Aggression
        Sepultura - Schizophrenia, Beneath the Remains
        Rigor Mortis - Rigor Mortis
        Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death
        Vio-lence - Eternal Nightmare

In general the 80s was a brilliant time for Metal. The only really good 90s Thrash Metal band I listen to on a daily basis would be Demolition Hammer.

Comment

There will probably only be a few who care about this news but I'm fucking happy......The Verve Pipe is releasing their first cd in eight years. Sounds like it will be available for shipping October 9 from their website and hopefully in stores soon after. I really love the band. Every cd except the last one was pretty awesome.

Comment

A few days old but man this sucks for the band (Poison the Well):

So this morning we woke up at our delightful Marriot Courtyard hotel (priceline, get into it) and walked outside to get in the van to head to Chicago for our second show of the tour. Only problem, it isn't there. Either someone is pulling some Merlin crap on us and just waiting for the perfect moment to unveil it and calm our shot nerves, or a talented scumbag stole our van and trailer with literally everything we own inside. Needless to say, we're crushed. Our most beloved instruments are gone, and trust me, we're gear nerds. After a great deal of scrambling and deliberation, we found a way to stay on tour, after a few days off to get some gear and a rental van together. Having something like this happen is the worst thing that can happen to any band short of someone dying, and we're incredibly stoked to finish this tour with Billy Talent and play every night doing what we love. Our most sincere thanks to everyone who offered to help us in any way, our friends mean the world to us and everyone who has reached out today is absolutely mind blowing.

Comment

They just played at DC but couldn't get tickets Amazing performance last night on Fallon:

[YOUTUBE]7GOFCpLfjPk[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

This is what im hooked on right now...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vDZKl9eLxyg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vDZKl9eLxyg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
                  They just played at DC but couldn't get tickets Amazing performance last night on Fallon:

[YOUTUBE]7GOFCpLfjPk[/YOUTUBE]
                  Wow, what an awesome performance. So awesome they're back together.

"Diary" is one of my favorite albums from the 90's. Greatness.

Haha, I always forget that it's the dude from Foo Fighters who's the bassist in the band.

Comment

Hi all, I am a new member of forum

wonderful! thanks for the info..

Comment

How can someone get banned after one post?

Recent Movies:
                      Kick-Ass - 9/10
                      The Human Centipede - 7/10
                      Iron Man 2 - 5.5/10
                      A Nightmare on Elm Street '84 - 8/10
                      A Nightmare on Elm Street '10 - 3/10

Facebook
                      last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by zach View Post
                        HAHAHAHA that just made my day!

Comment

Originally posted by googoomuck View Post
                          This is what im hooked on right now...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vDZKl9eLxyg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vDZKl9eLxyg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
                          Good on ya, U-Roy is a fucking legend.

Comment

Finally got around to listening to the new Alice in Chains. Meh. The first few tracks start off strong, but after a while, the songs all start to sound the same. Just about every song has the same slow tempo which makes a 54 minute album sound like it's about 4 hours long. Not to mention their new singer can suck my dick. 6/10

Recent Movies:
                            Kick-Ass - 9/10
                            The Human Centipede - 7/10
                            Iron Man 2 - 5.5/10
                            A Nightmare on Elm Street '84 - 8/10
                            A Nightmare on Elm Street '10 - 3/10

Facebook
                            last.fm

Comment

Built to Spill is streaming their new cd on MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/builttospill

Comment

Originally posted by zach View Post
                                The poster had spamming links in his sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X