Random Music Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Music Discussion Thread

I've been debating on starting a thread like this for some time. There are times I feel like talking about a band but don't want to start a specific thread on it as the band is somewhat unknown. We have some genre threads but really there are so many different types of music out there. Feel free to ramble about music in general, ask questions about bands, provide info, piss and moan about the latest hack band releasing new music, list the best music to masturbate to, or anything else..... Mods, if this is too broad or would need to be deleted it's cool. Just thought it would be a good idea for general discussion that might provide some interesting talk about bands/music.

I gotta admit I have been listening to Three Day Grace's debut cd quite a bit lately. I bought it when it first came out, listened to it a few times, and sold it. Got it again about six months ago and gotta admit I really like it. I didn't think I would but there are some really strong songs on there for the type of 'generic' rock they put out.

Also been listening to the Godsmack acoustic EP a bit lately. Not a huge fan of the band but really like those acoustic songs.

Been listening to a ton of 10 Years and Thrice acoustic tracks too lately. I love when bands put out acoustic versions of their songs. Really love bands like Deftones who really strip their songs down. They have some of the best acoustic shit I've ever heard.
    Last edited by Outpost #31; 08-29-2009, 05:22 PM.
    Sometimes, you just have to be offensive to offensive people - Max Nofziger

cool thread idea.
    been listening to a lot of these guys this week. shits hypnotizing. highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by jarofsap View Post
      cool thread idea.
      been listening to a lot of these guys this week. shits hypnotizing. highly recommended.

Not heard them. I can see myself contributing heavily to this thread though because my taste in music is so shit any thread I create dissppears in the same day
      On a massive Dub tip at the moment due to Notting Hill Carnival happening tomorrow
      Currently listening to:
      [YOUTUBE]X1tz3rOdVy4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
      [YOUTUBE]PPRIwe0zkk8[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

So its like an Off-Topic thread for music. I like...

Re-discovered the catalog of one Mr. Patton. I've had Angeldust playing for about two days. King for a Day too....

Pissed that NiN played the entire Downward Spiral, start to finish, plus 12 more songs at a club show in NYC before about 2000 people. Lucky. Mother. Fuckers.

Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
        Also been listening to the Godsmack acoustic EP a bit lately. Not a huge fan of the band but really like those acoustic songs.
        I forgot all about that. I have to check it out. Korn's Unplugged was also amazing. Lots of creativity and unique tribal / ethnic instruments.

Originally posted by jarofsap View Post
        cool thread idea.

I have to get that too.
        And you can call your gang, your posse and the rest of your crew.
        And while you're at it get them addicts and the indigent too.
        I plan to have a whole army by the time that I'm through
        to load their guns with songs they haven't sung

Comment

Been listening to a ton of 10 Years and Thrice acoustic tracks too lately. I love when bands put out acoustic versions of their songs. Really love bands like Deftones who really strip their songs down. They have some of the best acoustic shit I've ever heard.
          Thrice fricking rules!!
          Take your pants off

Comment

Originally posted by KINGHORROR View Post
            I can see myself contributing heavily to this thread though because my taste in music is so shit any thread I create dissppears in the same day
            Yeah I've created quite a few threads on bands that disappear very quickly and never seen again too Think it will be cool to just throw out random thoughts on music and bands.

Originally posted by ArchVile99 View Post
            So its like an Off-Topic thread for music. I like...

Re-discovered the catalog of one Mr. Patton. I've had Angeldust playing for about two days. King for a Day too....

Pissed that NiN played the entire Downward Spiral, start to finish, plus 12 more songs at a club show in NYC before about 2000 people. Lucky. Mother. Fuckers.

I forgot all about that. I have to check it out. Korn's Unplugged was also amazing. Lots of creativity and unique tribal / ethnic instruments.
            I'll have to check out that Korn acoustic cd. I gotta admit I still like Korn's first three cds plus Take a Look in the Mirror. Hate pretty much everything else but really like those cds still.

That NIN would have been fucking awesome to see. Would have loved to see them perform the whole TDS cd. Lucky people.

Originally posted by dribbz View Post
            Thrice fricking rules!!
            Fuck yeah! One of my favorite bands and always happy to see others who really like them. They have put out so much good music over the years. I can't wait to hear the new cd (being good and waiting for it to come out in the stores).

Comment

Originally posted by KINGHORROR View Post
              Currently listening to:
              [YOUTUBE]X1tz3rOdVy4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
              [YOUTUBE]PPRIwe0zkk8[/YOUTUBE]
              Found some Zion Train on Limewire, been loookin for more dub since i downloaded your mix. ZT is heavy.
              Originally posted by dribbz View Post
              Thrice fricking rules!!
              Agreed. Also a big fan of;
              MuteMath
              Gomez
              Dead Girls Ruin Everything

Touch me and he dies. If you're not in the air in 30 seconds he dies. Come back and he dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Rook!Godzira! View Post
                Gomez
                Nice! I got away from listening to them for a few years but the latest cd hooked me back in. Been listening to the older cds and forgot how good they are.

Comment

Nice! I got away from listening to them for a few years but the latest cd hooked me back in. Been listening to the older cds and forgot how good they are.
                  I just acquired Gomez's entire discography from a friend's hard drive. It's a pretty massive list. I have to get started on listening...
                  And you can call your gang, your posse and the rest of your crew.
                  And while you're at it get them addicts and the indigent too.
                  I plan to have a whole army by the time that I'm through
                  to load their guns with songs they haven't sung

Comment

Great idea for a thread. Been listening to a lot of The Beta Band lately but their stuff is hard to find, might have to look into buying instead of doing what I usually do

Comment

Originally posted by Rook!Godzira! View Post
                      Found some Zion Train on Limewire, been loookin for more dub since i downloaded your mix. ZT is heavy.
                      If you like the heavy UK style dub then you should most likely check out these guys:
                      [YOUTUBE]13sLFdM4p3s[/YOUTUBE]

Also don't be confusing Dub with Dubstep.

Dub came from Reggae.

Dubstep came from Garage.
                      Last edited by KINGHORROR; 08-29-2009, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Cool Shit, I've been listening to Easy Star All-Stars Dub Side of the Moon, pretty damn cool cover album. I've also been listening to The Les Claypool Frog Brigade's Live Frogs Set 2 where they cover Animals in it's entirety, So it's been a lot of Pink Floyd covers for me lately.

Comment

I can't wait to hear the new cd (being good and waiting for it to come out in the stores).
                          You're in for a treat. It's pretty fantastic. A real grower. Thrice is like fine wine...they get better with age. Beggars currently stands as my favorite Thrice album.

Originally posted by SOniC_DeATh_MonKEY View Post
                          Been listening to a lot of The Beta Band lately
                          Good stuff. Love this song:
                          [YOUTUBE]wsbR2dEmHGc[/YOUTUBE]

Lately I've been going back and forth listening to 60's&70's and late 80's, early 90's alternative. Dylan, Rush and Creedence have been on heavy rotation, not to mention the soundtracks for Dazed & Confused and Lords of Dogtown. So many awesome classics collected on those albums.
                          In the alt. department I've been hooked on The Smiths, Pixies, Tom Waits, Captain Beefheart and Blind Melon.

Also, really been enjoying the band Spoon as of late. Really chill, indie'ish band.

Great thread.

Comment

Originally posted by theyalldie View Post
                            Cool Shit, I've been listening to Easy Star All-Stars Dub Side of the Moon, pretty damn cool cover album. I've also been listening to The Les Claypool Frog Brigade's Live Frogs Set 2 where they cover Animals in it's entirety, So it's been a lot of Pink Floyd covers for me lately.
                            When it comes to Easy Star 'dub side of the moon' and 'Radio Dread' are both awesome, as is their original material but I beg you to stay way from 'Sgt Peppers lonely hearts dub band' I got the promo sent to me before it came out thought it was awful.
                            A band I will recommend though is Fat Freddy's Drop
                            [YOUTUBE]eCJg63SziL4[/YOUTUBE]
                            [YOUTUBE]HGfsf-d1aDc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
                            [YOUTUBE]8ZR8J9RNF98&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
                            Awesome mix of Dub, Reggae, Soul ,Funk who have released some great material.

Comment

I watched I Love You Man on the flight over to Yanksville, and now I'm looking to get back home to pull out my Rush CD's I havent listened to in years.
                              My god, I forgot how much Rush ruled. For shame....

Comment

Working...
                              X