Soundgarden reunites!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
    I'm really hoping for a sludgey doomish tune like 4th of July but I don't think it'll be on this album. Still, I'm liking what I've heard so far.
    Dude, "4th of July" is one of my all-time favorite Soundgarden songs. Not to take anything away from the rest of their catalogue, but that song (for some reason) has always felt so right.

Originally posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
    I'm getting this very soon. Can't fucking wait! Soundgarden are one of the first bands I ever got into and the first that I ever saw live. This was when they opened for Guns N' Roses in '92 when they were touring for 'Badmotorfinger'. I loved Audioslave, but this is something I've been waiting a long time for.
    I saw them in '96 on the Lollapolooza tour. It was one of the most memorable concert-going experiences I've had. At sundown, the band took a short break while Cornell played "Black Hole Sun" solo just as a soft rain started coming down. They couldn't have planned for it to be as atmospheric and perfect.

Seeing them again live and hearing new material has been something I've been looking forward to for a very long time.

Comment

• Almost done with my first listen of the album.

It seems quite mellow, but not boring. Definitely an interesting album that will take a few more listens to really sink in.

Comment

• Originally posted by black coffee View Post
        Almost done with my first listen of the album.

It seems quite mellow, but not boring. Definitely an interesting album that will take a few more listens to really sink in.
        After you give it a couple more spins, be sure to post your thoughts. I'll be buying this regardless but I'd like a better idea of what I'm getting myself into.

Comment

• Chris came up with some very interesting vocal lines to accomodate his aging voice, but there are songs, like "Eyelid's Mouth" that cry out for the Chris of old. His verse melody in "Bones of Birds" (easily their best ballad) and chorus line in "Taree" are absolutely haunting, some of his best work right there.

Comment

Almost done with my first listen of the album.

So it's more Audioslave than Soundgarden ?

Comment

So it's more Audioslave than Soundgarden ?
              Oh, no no no! It's definitely Soundgarden.

Comment

Oh, no no no! It's definitely Soundgarden.
                Phew.

I've read not to expect BMF or Superunknown otherwise you won't enjoy the album.

Comment

• This is not a "quiet" album for old people, but its uptempo songs are standard rockers, not the grungy metal of yesteryear, and most of its strongest song are not heavy riffers. That's not to say KA lacks heavy riffs.

Comment

• Picked this up today and so far really surprised. It's definitely Soundgarden in sound and I hear snippets of all of their previous releases. Will take a couple of spins to really appreciate the tracks but so far this is an above decent reunion record.

Comment

• After a good few odd listens now I'm really enjoying this album a lot. It's definitely closer to DOTU than anything else. They have followed on from where they left off.

Comment

• I have it downloaded in FLAC on my HDD, I will put it now on my smartphone.

I am sure they will deliver with this album.
                        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
                          After a good few odd listens now I'm really enjoying this album a lot. It's definitely closer to DOTU than anything else. They have followed on from where they left off.
                          Good to hear. l love DOTU. That album took a little while to grow on me, but now its one of my favorites from them, especially the last six tracks.

Comment

• Have given this a few spins now and the songs have really sunken in. On first listen it sounds like generic rock music, but on closer listens it's undeniably Soundgarden, with the album a mixture of all of their previous albums but propelling their sound forward to this day and age.

King Animal rocks !
                            Last edited by Rusted; 11-10-2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

King Animal rocks !
                              It's a good record, but it doesn't reach the atmosphere and aura of Badmotorfinger, to which everybody now is referring to.
                              Just solid, but not that awesome like BMF or Superunknown.
                              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                                It's a good record, but it doesn't reach the atmosphere and aura of Badmotorfinger, to which everybody now is referring to.
                                Just solid, but not that awesome like BMF or Superunknown.
                                I agree, but a song like "Blood On..." would sit nicely beside a song like "...Good Eye Closed" and "Bones of Birds" would nicely accompany songs like "Holy Water" and "Mind Riot."

I wish they had dropped the straightforward rock tracks from KA, instead they're leading its marketing campaign with them. Bad move.

Comment

Working...
                                X