Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the latest album you listened to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gwally View Post

I'm glad you liked it. I enjoyed it, but really need to give it another listen because my laptop speakers are for shit.

I understand, I'll need to give it another listen as well. Just to let it soak in.

Comment

• A very worthy album in the Ghost catalogue. Sits perfectly in-line with their previous two full feature studio albums. My favourite track, I think, is Majesty. With Pinnical and the Pitt, Circle, Mummy Dust, and Absolution also being damn solid tracks. nice to see them trying new things, while also keeping the same atmosphere and sounds fans love. Can't wait to catch them on their next tour here.. I've listened to this about 5 times since last night. I think you need to listen to an album over a nice few times to get a real opinion. Probably have it on repeat for the next day or two.

Also picked this up, haven't listened to it just yet, very keen to hear their 'Sound of Silence' cover. Disturbed normally do absolutely wonderful jobs on their covers..

A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxley View Post
        Also picked this up, haven't listened to it just yet, very keen to hear their 'Sound of Silence' cover. Disturbed normally do absolutely wonderful jobs on their covers..
        I thought it was a little heavy on the lead guitar, but sounded fantastic!

I'll have to check out the rest of the LP.
        Last edited by gwally; 08-21-2015, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwally View Post

I thought it was a little heavy on the lead guitar, but sounded fantastic!

I'll have to check out the rest of the LP.

I was a bit let down. I was expecting SoS to me more metalised. I wanted a heavy version. I mean, I love Dave's voice, and it's a nice version, just totally different as to what I was expecting. As for the album.. Nowhere near as dark in tone as the previous two albums 'Indestructible' and 'Asylum' the deluxe version, housing 16 songs, of which about 4 are great, while the rest is just mediocre, typical Disturbed. It's OK, but far from the comeback I was hoping for. Only listened to it once so haven't got a clear idea of it yet. Disappointing though.

The title track, Vengeful One, Tyrant, Sound of Silence are great. Th other 12 tracks haven't really grabbed me. As of yet anyway.

A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxley View Post

I was a bit let down. I was expecting SoS to me more metalised. I wanted a heavy version. I mean, I love Dave's voice, and it's a nice version, just totally different as to what I was expecting. As for the album.. Nowhere near as dark in tone as the previous two albums 'Indestructible' and 'Asylum' the deluxe version, housing 16 songs, of which about 4 are great, while the rest is just mediocre, typical Disturbed. It's OK, but far from the comeback I was hoping for. Only listened to it once so haven't got a clear idea of it yet. Disappointing though.

The title track, Vengeful One, Tyrant, Sound of Silence are great. Th other 12 tracks haven't really grabbed me. As of yet anyway.

I'll have to go back and listen to their previous work before checking the rest of this one out. Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Just airing an idea here: Should we start a "top 5 / top 10 favorite albums of 2015"-thread? I'm interested in seeing other peoples favorites from this year.

Comment

• Deftones - Diamond Eyes
                Nirvana - Live At Reading
                Interpol - El Pintor
                The Pretty Reckless - Going to Hell

Comment

• Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
                  Just airing an idea here: Should we start a "top 5 / top 10 favorite albums of 2015"-thread? I'm interested in seeing other peoples favorites from this year.

Year isn't over yet you cunt.

I already know my list. Motorhead, Maiden, Slayer, Ghost. And if Megadeth or Testament manage to pull there's out this year..

Oh, I forgot about Five Finger. Hmmmmmmm.

Comment

• I can't get enough of her. Excellent and hypnotizing EP. 5/5

5/5

4/5

Comment

• 22 Albums in and Motorhead is still on fucking fire! I have this pre-ordered via Amazon but I couldn't wait. So I spent another $30 today when I saw it in store. Glad I did. I don't think it is as great as their previous (Aftershock) which I hold as one of their best. This still is a very solid album of Lem doing what the band does best, and now approaching 70 it's no small feat.

My favourite track would be 'Choking on Your Screams' fucking brilliant! The ballad 'Till' The End' is very nice too. And their cover of a Rolling Stones classic is nicely done. Another album for Motorhead, and another home run.

Comment

• Radiohead - Hail To The Thief

9/10

Comment

• 5/5

5/5

4.5/5

3/5

5/5 House/pop perfection, can't get enough of this record. <3

5/5

3.5/5

4/5

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post

5/5

5/5
                            *Beerchug*

11/10

7/10

7.5/10

Comment

• Not near the same level as their first album, for me. This one is too screamish, doesn't have enough of those beautiful melodies that are littered through the first. It does have it's moments though.

Comment

• Just finished it.

While I have to give it another listen before I score it, it's definitively in my "top 10 albums of this year"-list. Such an awesome album.

Edit: Gave it a second listen, and it's got to be among my favorite Iron Maiden albums.

8.5/10
                                Last edited by Yggdrasil; Today, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X