No announcement yet.

CAVE IN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whaat? You don't like Jupiter? That album is a classic.

Perfect Pitch Black is my favorite release from them.

Comment

I'm trying to avoid these samples so I can hear the whole thing fresh. but goddamn I'm tempted

contrary to popular opinion, I think PPB is my favorite too. with Jupiter coming in a close second. I mean... Big Riff. that song hasn't lost ANY of it's punch over the years.
      Last edited by jarofsap; 04-11-2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Listened to Jupiter again the other day...

[YOUTUBE]EMt_fTQZNJ8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
        My Movies
        +21 BRONZE TRADER

Comment

New 8 minutes long song: http://soundcloud.com/hydra-head-rec...-sing-my-loves

Holy shit, this fucking rules.

Comment

So far I've listened to White Silence about 4 times and I fucking love it.

It's such a diverse album, showing off everything they're capable of.

Songs like Serpents and Vicious Circles are so unapologetically aggressive and brutal, that it feels like my face is being ripped off.

Sing My Loves is simply a mammoth of a song. Slow, sludgy, melodic, aggressive...it has everything.

Love the softer songs too. Summit Fever especially. Probably the most "typical" Cave In song on this album.

Heartbreaks, Earthquakes could be mistaken for a Pink Floyd song. Fantastic.

Iron Decibels comes completely out of nowhere. It has an almost psychobilly/Elvis kinda feel to it.

This album will most definitely end up in my top 5 of the year.

Comment

[YOUTUBE]7YdmKdvFljc[/YOUTUBE]

You're welcome.

Comment

ya i can't believe they released a whole set. awesome!

Comment

Damn I think I saw them support the Foo Fighters or someone like that years ago.

Comment

New record's killer. I never thought they'd get back to doing things I love as much as Jupiter since Antenna was a half hearted attempt at a pop record and Perfect Pitch Black felt way too forced with awful riffs and terrible lyrics. I'm kinda surprised how many people enjoy it. It's Cave In's equivalent to the self titled Deftones record.

Everything from the cassingle onward has been fucking fantastic though. Dead Already is one of the best songs they've ever written. It kinda makes me wish they made a whole album with Ben from Converge since he blows JR, and most other people, out of the water. The only thing I would've changed about White Silence is the track order. It would've been nice to have a little more diversity instead of the first half being heavy and the second half being mostly acoustic based. Reanimation does have a nice New Moon feel to it though.

Recent Movies:
                    Kick-Ass - 9/10
                    The Human Centipede - 7/10
                    Iron Man 2 - 5.5/10
                    A Nightmare on Elm Street '84 - 8/10
                    A Nightmare on Elm Street '10 - 3/10

Facebook
                    last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by zach View Post
                      It's Cave In's equivalent to the self titled Deftones record.
                      good call

Comment

I really need to give these guys another chance...when I get to work tomorrow I will give Jupiter another shot...Just for my homeboys BC and Jar.

I still love me some Crossbearer though
                        My Movies
                        +21 BRONZE TRADER

Comment

Originally posted by Ash Williams View Post
                          I really need to give these guys another chance...when I get to work tomorrow I will give Jupiter another shot...Just for my homeboys BC and Jar.

I still love me some Crossbearer though
                          this new album will satisfy those urges. do it

Comment

I've heard two of their songs so far and enjoyed them. Only known of them not too long ago, but I'd like to get into them a bit more. I'm gonna start listening to their newest album, the one BC and jar keep recommending.

Comment

Originally posted by Klownz View Post
                              I've heard two of their songs so far and enjoyed them. Only known of them not too long ago, but I'd like to get into them a bit more. I'm gonna start listening to their newest album, the one BC and jar keep recommending.
                              every album/ep sounds different than the last without fail. so if ur not into one, try another.

Comment

Originally posted by jarofsap View Post
                                every album/ep sounds different than the last without fail. so if ur not into one, try another.
                                I'm enjoying White Silence!

Comment

Working...
                                X