• Show
Clear All

haha, emo screaming? wow.

they're one of the best live bands i've ever seen. to each his own

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
      haha, emo screaming? wow.

they're one of the best live bands i've ever seen. to each his own
      I suppose. I saw them with the White Pony album, and Around the Fur. both times, they were stale and boring to watch. Chino pretty much stood there, balled up and screamed into the microphone. the lard ass guitarist tried his best to do the standing splits, and stood in place for the entire set.

they brought no energy to the stage, and both times thier sound was incredibly off. I hated watching them live, and couldn't wait for them to get thier asses off the stage.

Comment

White Pony is a fantastic cd. One of my all time favorites. I liked Adreneline and Around The Fur but the last two cds have been underwhelming although the last one was way better than the self titled release. Great live band and I have tons of respect for them.
        Sometimes, you just have to be offensive to offensive people - Max Nofziger

Comment

Deftones are back in the studio...already 8 tracks are recorded.

New album fall 2008.

I don't what got into these guys. it used to take YEEEEEAARS between each album...but damn, this is great news.

Comment

Deftones is one of my favorite bands alongside Gorillaz.

I have all of their albums, and love every single one of their songs.

I plan on getting a tattoo of the white pony on the back of one of my arms, and an homage to Gorillaz on the other

Comment

Originally posted by madtaz View Post
              One word-shit.
              Several words- you are a fucking idiot. You honestly think the Deftones are shit? You need to go crawl off in a ditch somewhere and die.

As for people calling Deftones emo?
              Lol..
              Lol..
              Lol..
              Go listen to your fuckin' Soulja Boy bullshit.

Comment

Deftones are currently in the studio writing/recording their upcoming release. Moreno stated in an interview that the process for this album would be more raw and simplified after dissatisfaction with the long and "pieced-together" experience of recording Saturday Night Wrist.

Nice.

Comment

Love Deftones...always have.

Saturday Night Wrist is music that heroin addicts nod off to. Its ok, but the 90's and early 2000's is my shit.

I also didn't mind their self-titled album. A lot of really good songs on it.

Team Sleep is good too, but its also got a lot of dreamy heroin music on it.

Comment

White Pony and Deftones are their best albums.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
                      Yeah I'm not really a fan. They always seemed like a bad Nu-Metal Meshuggah rip off. 7 string guitars don't make you heavy. Or good.
                      Originally posted by lady spiral View Post
                      HAHAHAHAA Meshuggah(whom Ive seen in concert with TOOL) and Deftones are nothing alike.
                      Originally posted by Doc View Post
                      I take it you're joking? Meshuggah has ALWAYS been listed as their number one influence, especially in the guitar department.
                      They can say they are influenced by Meshuggah all they want but they sound nothing alike. I can't even see the influence nevermind them sounding alike and I listen to both bands regularly.

Originally posted by mardigian View Post
                      They're one of the worst live acts I've ever seen (twice!)
                      Both times I saw them live they sucked too. Quite disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitBreast View Post
                        They can say they are influenced by Meshuggah all they want but they sound nothing alike. I can't even see the influence nevermind them sounding alike and I listen to both bands regularly.

Both times I saw them live they sucked too. Quite disappointing.
                        They don't sound like Meshuggah? Maybe not overall, but have you heard the song Pride Politics by Meshuggah? Sounds a lot like it to me..

Comment

Originally posted by SurgicalBombing View Post
                          They don't sound like Meshuggah? Maybe not overall, but have you heard the song Pride Politics by Meshuggah? Sounds a lot like it to me..
                          Dude, is there more than one band named Meshuggah? I have never even heard of that song. What is it on?

Meshuggah lists Tori Amos and Earth, Wind, And Fire as influences. I don't hear any of that in their music.

Comment

Quite possibly the most talented Hard Rock band to make it big in the 90's.

Saturday Night Wrists was a huge disappointment. If thats all they have to offer now, then they should just call it quits.
                            Last 6 Films Seen:
                            The Element of Crime - 5.0/5.0
                            To Live and Die in L.A. - 4.0/5.0
                            The Art of War - 1.5/5.0
                            Open Range - 3.5/5.0
                            The Missing - 4.0/5.0
                            The Mark of the Devil - 2.0/5.0

My DVD Collection

Hopefully, in november people will use their common sense and vote for John McCain.

You should be ashamed of yourself for calling him a robot.
                            I looked at your profile and your taste in music is as abhorrent as your political beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitBreast View Post
                              Dude, is there more than one band named Meshuggah? I have never even heard of that song. What is it on?

Meshuggah lists Tori Amos and Earth, Wind, And Fire as influences. I don't hear any of that in their music.
                              I have no idea mate, I got it off of a Metal for the Masses CD.

Comment

Originally posted by iamlove View Post
                                Saturday Night Wrists was a huge disappointment. If thats all they have to offer now, then they should just call it quits.
                                Wrong.

SNW is a fantastic album. Contains some of their best songs ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X