No announcement yet.

OFWGKTA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got into OFWGKTA and love the hell out of them! Tyler, Earl and Frank are the obvious standouts though...This is what hip hop should always be like

Earl Sweatshirt has a lyrical prowess way beyond his years as seen in this:

[YOUTUBE]IvRfCUqORP4[/YOUTUBE]

And Tyler is just an evil genius that just doesn't care! I LOL so hard at this interview:

[YOUTUBE]cAcLdW2VdDI[/YOUTUBE]

Can't wait for "Wolf"...

Comment

If you like OFWGKTA or funny shit in general, then check out their show Loiter Squad on Adult Swim. It's like Jackass meets Chappelle Show if I had to try and explain it. Below is a trailer for it....

[YOUTUBE]GKdaQRz4xF8[/YOUTUBE]
      Last edited by The Bear Jew; 08-25-2012, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
        Fucking tell me about it!

One of THE most overrated acts I've come across in a long time. I hate, HATE them. I wanna punch that Tyler guy in his ugly ass face.
        Your signature picture says it all,that's where all the hate comes from
        Last edited by Flamethrower; 09-14-2012, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Huh??

Comment

Huh??

I think he's inferring that your "hate" as he put it comes from the music you listen to (metal)

Comment

Yeaaahhh, maaan. You get violent and hateful from listening to metal! Bahahaha!

Comment

Translation : You are the heavy metal guy,trying to judge about rap...How ironic is that.It's like if I would write in your thread "Best of 2012" that I don't even know a single band and album that you wrote Hilarious shit.

Comment

You're the one who's quick to judge. Just because I like metal doesn't make me a "metal guy".

I love various other stuff too; Jazz, folk, real country, prog, classic rock, ambient, avant-garde, punk, industrial, etc...

And yes, I even like some hip-hop (POS, Mos Def, The Roots, old school).

I still fucking hate OFWGKTA.

Comment

As a whole or it's various members?

I think that Tyler The Creator is very entertaing,and he's changing the Preconceived notions of what hip-hop should be or sound like. I think he's next LP "Wolf" should be very interesting from what I've read on it.

He's young, crazy and polarizing for sure, but so was Eminem when he emerged and look how great he turned out....

Earl Sweatshirt is another gem, this kid is the real deal. When other rappers go out on a limb and make a statement like "Earl's already a better MC than Nas", then you know you're something special....

And I can't forget Frank Ocean, the dude is just amazing. He's taking R&B to a whole other level of maturity and Earnestness....

Comment

I just can't stand their rapping style.

Comment

You're the one who's quick to judge. Just because I like metal doesn't make me a "metal guy".

I love various other stuff too; Jazz, folk, real country, prog, classic rock, ambient, avant-garde, punk, industrial, etc...

And yes, I even like some hip-hop (POS, Mos Def, The Roots, old school).

Don't worry, man....People like this think if you like one style of music more it means you are uneducated on every other kind of music and should just keep your mouth shut about their shitty music.....these are the kinds of people not worth arguing with.....

Oh, you listen to metal? You must not have an ear for any other music then....I deal with this all the fucking time.....don't waste your time.

Anyways, these guys are an obvious flash in the pan who you probably won't see or hear about in 6 months, just like every other flash in the pan act that comes out in mainsteam media......teen fodder, I like to call them......But what do I know, I listen primarily to bollywood music......

Comment

New Tyler, The Creator from his upcoming "Wolf" LP

[YOUTUBE]o4OD3IHs5jU[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Tyler has really surpassed himself with his new LP "WOLF". Tons of growth can be seen both lyrically and in his beats. Gone are his raps about rape and murder but he's still very much the rap equivalent of a internet troll ( which I love)

He still doesn't give a fuck, which is still very refreshing in a music genre(rap) that has become a joke for the most part when it comes to it's mainstream counterparts....

Although there are lots of underground/alternative artists in this genre that are great, Ill Bill, Kendrick Lamar, A$AP Rocky, Danny Brown, K.Flay, Iggy Azalea, Tyler and Earl Sweatshirt to name a few....

Below is a video for his love song ( as only Tyler could do) for IFHY

[YOUTUBE]PqQtqEMqQ4E[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

He's pretty good but he talks too fucking much.

Hopsin is better.

Comment

The New Earl Sweatshirt single is amazing!!!! I can't wait for "Doris"....

[YOUTUBE]0FcDXL5Aw0o[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Working...
                                X