Tool Working On New Album

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
    Most frustrating band regarding touring as well. Didn't see those diva fuckers for years now.
    Now that I can't complain about. Tool loves Toronto. I've seen them twice since "10,000 days" was released, and could've seen them a third time. They've given us a show almost every year. We're always included on their mini-tours.

Comment

Tool is ridiculous.

Listening to Lateralus is the equivalent of doing three hours of hard math homework. I remember when I first heard them I always thought "man I need to keep listening to this album because I'm not even sure I like it". Years later and all of their albums are still on regular circulation in my collection and probably always will be. Amazing group, singular in style.

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
        Now that I can't complain about. Tool loves Toronto. I've seen them twice since "10,000 days" was released, and could've seen them a third time. They've given us a show almost every year. We're always included on their mini-tours.
        Yeah, you lucky Canuck, but I ain't live there! Tool weren't in Europe for ages, expecially not in good 'ol Germany.

Those fuckers.
        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

I have crazy high expectations for Tool's new album. Whenever the hell that is, who knows.
          Cinema Junkyard

Comment

Tool's new album will be just as good as everyone expects. This is a band that has yet to disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
              Tool's new album will be just as good as everyone expects. This is a band that has yet to disappoint.
              I hope so. While I wouldn't say it was a disappointment, there was a bit too much filler in 10,000 Days. I want more actual songs this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                I hope so. While I wouldn't say it was a disappointment, there was a bit too much filler in 10,000 Days. I want more actual songs this time around.
                Definately. Half the album was interludes, and the few songs on the album, save for about two, aren't exactly up to the platinum standard they set with Aenima and Lateralus. It almost felt like a B-sides album.

Comment

Definately. Half the album was interludes, and the few songs on the album, save for about two, aren't exactly up to the platinum standard they set with Aenima and Lateralus. It almost felt like a B-sides album.
                  It felt like half interludes, half Lateralus off cuts.

Saying that though the first half is killer. I love Jambi and the Wings for Marie two parter. 8 years is a long wait for instrumentals so I hope they step up and deliver. I'd like another album closer to Aenima.

Comment

It felt like half interludes, half Lateralus off cuts.

Saying that though the first half is killer. I love Jambi and the Wings for Marie two parter.
                    Ha! those were the two I was thinking of. I also really dig Rosettta Stoned as well.

8 years is a long wait for instrumentals so I hope they step up and deliver. I'd like another album closer to Aenima.
                    I think what we need from Tool, if they want to continue experimenting with long, strange instrumentals, is a solid double album. It's been a while. Last band I can remember doing one of note, were The Smashing Pumpins.

Given the length of an average Tool song, and their absurd hiatus', a double album would be more than appropriate. We deserve one.

Comment

Ha! those were the two I was thinking of. I also really dig Rosettta Stoned as well.
                      Rosetta Stoned is another good one as is The Pot.

I think what we need from Tool, if they want to continue experimenting with long, strange instrumentals, is a solid double album. It's been a while. Last band I can remember doing one of note, were The Smashing Pumpins.

Given the length of an average Tool song, and their absurd hiatus', a double album would be more than appropriate. We deserve one.
                      If there's one band who should put out a double it's certainly these guys.
                      They could do one disc of songs and the other for their more experimental, instrumental type stuff.

Sadly, I don't think these guys really care about their fans. Not so much the actually band, but Maynard treats us with contempt.

Comment

We do deserve one more thing as well. That would be a big fat live DVD/Blu-ray, just like they always promised. But that was a veeery long time ago.
                        Sadly, I don't think these guys really care about their fans. Not so much the actually band, but Maynard treats us with contempt.
                        Maynard has become a godamn sob of a diva, lost lots of his former awesome voice power and acts out like a huge pussy, at least sometimes.
                        Would suit him better if he cut the crap and train more his voice.
                        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

I see what you mean but, in my opinion, the quality of the songs on 10,000 Days was up to par with their other material. In fact, I can't think of any of the actual songs on the album that were at all lackluster.

I agree. A double album would be awesome. Then again, we might have to wait something like 20 years before their next album afterward, given how long they like to wait between releases.

Comment

I see what you mean but, in my opinion, the quality of the songs on 10,000 Days was up to par with their other material. In fact, I can't think of any of the actual songs on the album that were at all lackluster.
                            I love 10,000 Days. The songs aren't of a lesser quality, Jambi is one of the best tracks they've done.

I agree. A double album would be awesome. Then again, we might have to wait something like 20 years before their next album afterward, given how long they like to wait between releases.
                            I'll be in a nursing home by the time they release their next album.

Maynard needs to get off the vineyard, stop fucking around with Pucsifer and concentrate on Tool.

Speaking of, has anyone ever sampled his wine ?

They don't import to AUS. I wonder if it's any good.

Comment

Speaking of, has anyone ever sampled his wine ?

They don't import to AUS. I wonder if it's any good.
                              I've heard it's alright, but I can't afford it. It's something like $200 a bottle or somethind crazy like that.

Comment

I've heard it's alright, but I can't afford it. It's something like $200 a bottle or somethind crazy like that.
                                Damn, that's expensive. Must be a good drop.

Comment

Working...
                                X