Tool Working On New Album

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
    Damn, that's expensive. Must be a good drop.
    Fucking better be for that kind of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
      Fucking better be for that kind of money.
      After doing some searching on the web I found an AUS distributor.

Prices range from $40 to $50 a bottle. The description for the wine reads, Best enjoyed with red meat...and your favourite Tool Album.

Comment

After doing some searching on the web I found an AUS distributor.

Prices range from $40 to $50 a bottle. The description for the wine reads, Best enjoyed with red meat...and your favourite Tool Album.
        That's not too bad then. I need to tell whoever told me that it was $200 that they're full of shit. I like the description. Maynard should start making absinthe too. Now THAT would be awesome while listening to Tool.

Comment

Speaking of, has anyone ever sampled his wine ?

They don't import to AUS. I wonder if it's any good.
          It's good but I'm not a sommelier or anything. As far as treating his fans with contempt, publicly yes, but a few pals of mine have met him and he was pretty cool towards them. Maynard gave my friend a little jar of jelly after a show in a parking lot once.

I can't wait for a new album. Also looking forward to the clever packaging.

Comment

Originally posted by capecep View Post
            I can't wait for a new album. Also looking forward to the clever packaging.
            For sure. They always have the best packaging. I'm excited to see what they do next (musically and visually).

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Rex View Post
              For sure. They always have the best packaging. I'm excited to see what they do next (musically and visually).
              For sure.

Wonder what creepy music video Adam Jones dreams up next.

Comment

Something that might be encouraging to some Tool enthusiasts is that while riding with Danny to Chili John's yesterday, I heard a lot of new Tool music (sans Maynard). This was the most new material that I've heard so far, although a few of the riffs and arrangements were familiar. So, what did I think? Dare I say that it sounded like... Tool (some of it reminiscent to earlier Tool stuff, with other parts pushing the envelope), and I assume that it will sound even more like Tool once the vocal melodies, etc. have been added. To answer your next question, I cannot say how far along in the writing process the band is. If I had to GUESS, I would say more than half way (and keep in mind that in the past, at least, the writing went faster once the first few [more complex] songs were finished).
                This was taken from the December newsletter on toolband.com. I am actualy a little less interested now since I was hoping for something a little more original.

Comment

Originally posted by Morningriser View Post
                  This was taken from the December newsletter on toolband.com. I am actualy a little less interested now since I was hoping for something a little more original.
                  As a fan of the band, I have to say that even if things are still somewhat predictable, the album will still be good. I mean, would anyone really enjoy the album if it sounded more like Queens of the Stone Age instead of Tool? Probably not.

*Note: I am a big fan of QOTSA, I just used them as a reference to make a point here.

Comment

Nah, they have to keep their identity. A Pink Floyd album always sounds like Pink Floyd. Tool should be no different. It's not like their lazy with their style either. They have evolved. Aenima to Lateralus both have that Tool sound, but are worlds apart in musicianship. Aenima was an evolution of Undertow. Lateralus was an evolution of Aenima.

I'll admit they kind of dragged their feet a bit with 10,000 Days, but nothing that would make me think they aren't capable of producing another instant classic of an album.

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                      Nah, they have to keep their identity. A Pink Floyd album always sounds like Pink Floyd. Tool should be no different. It's not like their lazy with their style either. They have evolved. Aenima to Lateralus both have that Tool sound, but are worlds apart in musicianship. Aenima was an evolution of Undertow. Lateralus was an evolution of Aenima.

I'll admit they kind of dragged their feet a bit with 10,000 Days, but nothing that would make me think they aren't capable of producing another instant classic of an album.
                      Exactly. There's a common thread, that unmistakable Tool sound through all of their albums, even though each release is a step forward from the previous one.

I would only be concerned if Tool took a sharp u turn and started experimenting with electronics, ala Radiohead.

Comment

Exactly. There's a common thread, that unmistakable Tool sound through all of their albums, even though each release is a step forward from the previous one.

I would only be concerned if Tool took a sharp u turn and started experimenting with electronics, ala Radiohead.
                        And what may I ask has ever been wrong with Radiohead?

Comment

And what may I ask has ever been wrong with Radiohead?
                          Nothing is wrong with Radiohead. Although, I see what he's getting at.

Radiohead has experimented to the point, where if Thom York wasn't the vocalist, you would have no clue as to who the artist you were listening to. Radiohead is a rare breed, who actually managed to change up their sound, and still put out stellar material.

I don't think Tool could do the same. Their fans aren't as patient, and their sound isn't as diverse. Not a knock on Tool by any means, it's just that their sound/identity is all the more distinct.

Comment

From the official Tool website http://www.toolband.com

I was hoping to be able to throw some of you a bone the first week of the New Year, but for certain reasons this announcement has been pushed back a month. Therefore, look for a news post that will be exciting to some towards the end of the first week in February. Most likely this will leak out on the Net before then, but either way I knew that my introducing the renowned maverick entomologist Rance Q. Spartley to the members of Tool was a damn good idea!

Also, check back from time to time for another newsworthy tidbit sometime in March (Don't even try to guess, because this one's really coming from left field!) And, after this, there should be at least one more item of interest to Tool enthusiasts before further speculation is discussed involving the band's next album (let alone any actual time-tables for recording, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by Frey View Post
                              From the official Tool website http://www.toolband.com
                              Knowing this band that could mean anything.

Translation: This is a tease about the new album. Maynard is currently on tour with Puscifer so new Tool album will be released 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                                Nothing is wrong with Radiohead. Although, I see what he's getting at.

Radiohead has experimented to the point, where if Thom York wasn't the vocalist, you would have no clue as to who the artist you were listening to. Radiohead is a rare breed, who actually managed to change up their sound, and still put out stellar material.

I don't think Tool could do the same. Their fans aren't as patient, and their sound isn't as diverse. Not a knock on Tool by any means, it's just that their sound/identity is all the more distinct.
                                I see what ou mean. The only time Tool realy made a big sound transition was the leap from Undertow to Aenema.

Comment

Working...
                                X