No announcement yet.

Tool Working On New Album

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully the new album releases this year. It's time. Come on Maynard, get your shit together :P

He said, "hit gold," not, "hit a septic line and get shit spewed in my face".

Comment

Originally posted by FukO View Post
      Hopefully the new album releases this year. It's time. Come on Maynard, get your shit together :P
      there is either something going on they haven't told us about or they have other ambitions. I don't see anything being released anytime soon.

Comment

NEW ALBUM COMPLETE

Well it's about time. Woo hoo !!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
          NEW ALBUM COMPLETE

Well it's about time. Woo hoo !!
          Damn right, it was abot time. They obviously had to battle with problems which they won't reveal to us. I don't care, they should give us the album now!
          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
            Damn right, it was abot time. They obviously had to battle with problems which they won't reveal to us. I don't care, they should give us the album now!
            Who knows what the story is. Maynard blames the band, the band blame Maynard and so on. I blame Maynard. He's got so many other projects and his wine business. Obviously Tool isn't a priority for him anymore. They should ditch him and get a new frontman.

With the amount of time they take between albums I'm betting this one will be their last.

Apparently there are teasers of new songs in this clip from their latest concert. The guitar part just before the start of Schism and some of Dannys drumming.

[YOUTUBE]pg7uwXi6lzA[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
              Who knows what the story is. Maynard blames the band, the band blame Maynard and so on. I blame Maynard. He's got so many other projects and his wine business. Obviously Tool isn't a priority for him anymore. They should ditch him and get a new frontman.
              ...which ultimately would be the end of Tool. Can't imagine that sound without that unique voice, although its the one of a narcissistic cunt.
              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
                ...which ultimately would be the end of Tool. Can't imagine that sound without that unique voice, although its the one of a narcissistic cunt.
                Agreed. Love the but Maynard seems to have so much contempt for the fans.

Comment

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...usive-20140307

Sounds like the report saying the album was complete was false.

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...usive-20140307

Sounds like the report saying the album was complete was false.
                    I just read that.

As long as they keep touring and fans keep paying to hear the same set list over and over then they don't need to rush a new release.

Comment

• I knew it was to good to be true
                      Cinema Junkyard

Comment

• Danny and Justin join Maynard on stage during Maynards 50th birthday concert for a great version of Sober. Maynard actually sounds good.

[YOUTUBE]LXRej1hh7kU[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                          Danny and Justin join Maynard on stage during Maynards 50th birthday concert for a great version of Sober. Maynard actually sounds good.

[YOUTUBE]LXRej1hh7kU[/YOUTUBE]
                          Maynard is already 50!?

Good version of Sober though.
                          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• TOOL REVEAL WHY ALBUM DELAYED

If it is true then it's a shitty situation to be in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                              TOOL REVEAL WHY ALBUM DELAYED

If it is true then it's a shitty situation to be in.
                              ugh, Tool is done. I'll be surprised if we ever here a proper new album.

Comment

• I am by now pretty much desensitized to any Tool-related news regarding album, tour or a the never realised live album. If it comes out it comes, if no then not. What the heck. There's tons of other good music around, don't need necessarily them to be musically happy.
                                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Working...
                                X