No announcement yet.

Black Sabbath are back together!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me this is crap. Black Sabbath have totaly ripped off their fans with the whole re-re-re-re-re-re-re-union thing. This is a disgrace to their history and to themselves. I wish they could call it a day and retire once and for all.

And don't get it wrong, i love both Black Sabbath and Ozzy (although they both haven't released a decent album for almost 20 years) but i don't like these kind of games. For me they are not a band anymore, but a company...

Comment

Originally posted by Zippo View Post
      For me this is crap. Black Sabbath have totaly ripped off their fans with the whole re-re-re-re-re-re-re-union thing. This is a disgrace to their history and to themselves. I wish they could call it a day and retire once and for all.

And don't get it wrong, i love both Black Sabbath and Ozzy (although they both haven't released a decent album for almost 20 years) but i don't like these kind of games. For me they are not a band anymore, but a company...
      Right now I can recall only one reunion, and that was the original line-up one in 1998. This isn't a band with horrendous reunions. I don't call them money-grubbing either, this term fits better to outfits like Rolling Stones. And: If I had the choice to check out either the Stones or Sabbath, the choice is clear...
      The Stones are a money-grubbing company, for real, but surely not BS.
      "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
        Right now I can recall only one reunion, and that was the original line-up one in 1998. This isn't a band with horrendous reunions. I don't call them money-grubbing either, this term fits better to outfits like Rolling Stones. And: If I had the choice to check out either the Stones or Sabbath, the choice is clear...
        You are so right.

In the summer of 97 the band was reunited to co~ headline Ozzfest along with Ozzy's solo band. Bill Ward did not join them right away due to commitments with his own band but in December 1997, the group was joined by Ward, marking the first reunion of the original four members since Osbourne's 1992 "retirement show". The original line-up recorded two shows at the Birmingham which were released as the double live album ''Reunion''. The album went platinum.

Shortly before the band went on an European tour in the summer of 1998, drummer Bill Ward suffered a heart attack and was temporarily replaced by former drummer Vinny Appice. Ward returned in time for the US tour with openers Pantera, which began in January 1999 and continued through the summer, playing at the annual Ozzfest tour. I saw them at both the 97 and 99 Ozzfest.

After the Ozzfest appearances, the band was put on hold while members worked on solo material. Black Sabbath returned to the studio to work on new material with all four original members but the sessions stopped when Ozzy was called away to finish tracks for his solo album "It just came to an end", Tony said. "We didn't go any further, and it's a shame because the songs were really good". Tony also commented on the difficulty getting all of the band members together to work on material:

It's quite different recording now. We've all done so much in between. In the early days there was no mobile phone ringing every five seconds. When we first started, we had nothing. We all worked for the same thing. Now everybody has done so many other things. It's great fun and we all have a good chat, but it's just different, trying to put an album together

I don't feel that they have let down fans promising re~re~re~ unions. I am just so happy they are back together for this event. I'm going to see them as much as I can. I hope they put in an Australia visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
          they also did one re-union with the "Heaven and hell" line up but thei couldn't use the name because some stupid fans think that Black Sabbath are only the ones with Ozzy/Ward/Butler/Iommy. They also had planned a re-union with Tony Martin but Martin refused.

Anyway my opinion is that they are totaly a money-grubbing company, both Iommy and Ozzy (especially the latter). To hell with them, i love their records but i am not gonna give them any more money.

Comment

They also did a reunion in 2005 with the original line-up.

I saw them at Roskilde Festival that year and it was epic.

Comment

Ah! This just made my day. I only hope they tour close enough so I can see them.

Comment

Kiss, and Van Halen, are worse fan fuckers!

Comment

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...ncel_tour.html

Tours been cancelled. BUMMER.
                  Last edited by morrisseylikesburgers; 02-20-2012, 10:10 PM.
                  DVD Aficionado: http://keenanjameshetfield.dvdaf.com/

LastFM: http://www.last.fm/user/KeenanAndKel

Comment

Meh, fuck Ozzy and his bitch wife.

The only Black Sabbath I like are the two albums they did with Dio. Mob Rules especially.

Comment

Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                      Can Ozzy still pull it off. The guy's a mumbling, twitching mess.
                      Not to mention he hasn't had a good album since No More Tears.

Comment

Originally posted by Boddicker View Post
                        Meh, fuck Ozzy and his bitch wife.

The only Black Sabbath I like are the two albums they did with Dio. Mob Rules especially.

Comment

I just want Tony to get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Anton Crowley View Post
                            Not to mention he hasn't had a good album since No More Tears.
                            That was more of a good single than anything.
                            Me @ IMDB :::
                            Me @ facebook.com :: Sick Boy @ youtube.com

Comment

Any form of Sabbath together is fine by me

Comment

Due to a dispute over money Bill Ward has backed out of the reunion,Damn shame.

Comment

Working...
                                X