No announcement yet.

Alice In Chains reunion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the song is pretty good, cant wait to hear what the rest of the album sounds like.

Comment

New track's pretty cool. But this means more shows. I'm going to go to the House of Blues date in Chicago.

I saw them play at a small theater in Mt. Clemens MI a couple of years ago and holy shit! Two and a half hours later I walked out of the best concert I have ever seen, period. They played the same set the entire tour. Had I known, I'd have tried to see them more than once.

Whale and Wasp (recording)
      Again
      Bleed The Freak
      Grind
      It Ain't Like That
      Junkhead
      Nutshell
      Them Bones
      Dam That River
      Rain When I Die

Layne Staley video tribute #1
      Don't Follow (acoustic)
      Brother (acoustic)
      Killer Is Me (acoustic)
      No Excuses (acoustic)
      Got Me Wrong (acoustic)
      Down In A Hole (acoustic)

Layne Staley video tribute #2
      Sludge Factory
      We Die Young
      Heaven Beside You
      Angry Chair
      Man In The Box
      Rooster
      Would?

There's a shitload of Youtube vids from the MI show, but they're all piss-poor quality.
      And you can call your gang, your posse and the rest of your crew.
      And while you're at it get them addicts and the indigent too.
      I plan to have a whole army by the time that I'm through
      to load their guns with songs they haven't sung

Comment

Originally posted by Campy Zombie View Post
        2 words: Scott Weiland.
        Two words.

Fuck Weiland.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchVile99 View Post
          New track's pretty cool. But this means more shows. I'm going to go to the House of Blues date in Chicago.

I saw them play at a small theater in Mt. Clemens MI a couple of years ago and holy shit! Two and a half hours later I walked out of the best concert I have ever seen, period. They played the same set the entire tour. Had I known, I'd have tried to see them more than once.

Whale and Wasp (recording)
          Again
          Bleed The Freak
          Grind
          It Ain't Like That
          Junkhead
          Nutshell
          Them Bones
          Dam That River
          Rain When I Die

Layne Staley video tribute #1
          Don't Follow (acoustic)
          Brother (acoustic)
          Killer Is Me (acoustic)
          No Excuses (acoustic)
          Got Me Wrong (acoustic)
          Down In A Hole (acoustic)

Layne Staley video tribute #2
          Sludge Factory
          We Die Young
          Heaven Beside You
          Angry Chair
          Man In The Box
          Rooster
          Would?

There's a shitload of Youtube vids from the MI show, but they're all piss-poor quality.
          I'm just thinking about how bad ass it would be to see that show with Layne.
          Take your pants off

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamkiller666 View Post
            Two words.

Fuck Weiland.
            Two more words: I agree.

Comment

Damn I wish he was still around. I remember watching their Unplugged show on MTV. When he came out and the audience went nuts, I got a chill. I put that album in every now and then and to this day it has the same effect. What a great fuckin band.

Comment

So, the new song is growing on me a bit....

As soon as it starts you know you are hearing Chains.

Cantrell sings for pretty much most of the song as far as I can tell so I can't say too much about the new singer. Hope he gets to really cut loose on the new album and show us what he's got. I don't think Cantrell would bring in a bum to restart the band.

I like the chorus a lot but can't help but wonder how awesome it would sound if it were Layne belting it out. Layne's voice is irreplaceable.

The song seems like it drags a bit with some lyrics that seem like filler.

But, fuck it. Chains is back! I'll pick up the disc for sure.

Comment

R.I.P Layne

not gonna be the same

Comment

Originally posted by MATT PYTHON View Post
                    So, the new song is growing on me a bit....

As soon as it starts you know you are hearing Chains.

Cantrell sings for pretty much most of the song as far as I can tell so I can't say too much about the new singer. Hope he gets to really cut loose on the new album and show us what he's got. I don't think Cantrell would bring in a bum to restart the band.

I like the chorus a lot but can't help but wonder how awesome it would sound if it were Layne belting it out. Layne's voice is irreplaceable.

The song seems like it drags a bit with some lyrics that seem like filler.

But, fuck it. Chains is back! I'll pick up the disc for sure.
                    The new singer is Comes with the Fall vocalist William DuVall. I'm not too familiar with their work, but I caught them live when they opened for Jerry Cantrell, when I went to review the gig at London's Mean Fiddler, back in the early 00's.

During Cantrell's set they played a lot of Alice In Chains classics, which I was really ecstatic about, considering I unfortunately never got to see AIC live (great band!). DuVall came on to fill in for Layne Staley's vocals. Obviously he's not a patch on the late Staley, who was one of the greatest frontmen of recent times. But never the less, Duvall did a fine job, and the late AIC singer would have been proud.

I'm a little skeptical about a Alice in Chains reunion without Layne Staley. For me Staley together with Jerry Cantrell are AIC. Staley not being there, seems to be a Jerry Cantrell solo project. But I want to be open minded and not dismiss it, until I've heard the album in it's entirety. I'll be downloading the LP for sure!
                    Last edited by Slashtastic; 07-18-2009, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Yeah, this new AIC song is really starting to grow on me now. The more I listen, the more I am interested in getting the new album :

[YOUTUBE]7oAqb9LC-og[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

new song has solidified with me as a possible killer tune for the ages. nothing like the early stuff, but i'm a fanboy for that shit, and i don't expect anything to ever touch that kinda quality again.

don't care much for the new video though. seems pointless. just show the band, in a room, playing the song. get the sad looking nobody's out of rock videos. i don't care about your shitty life.

Comment

Originally posted by jarofsap View Post

don't care much for the new video though. seems pointless. just show the band, in a room, playing the song. get the sad looking nobody's out of rock videos. i don't care about your shitty life.

Agreed. Why cant they just show the band rockin' out ?

I'm liking the tune and it's good to see them soldiering on without Layne. I'm open to the idea of a band continuing with a new frontman. Hey, if it worked for AC/DC....

Comment

Originally posted by jarofsap View Post
                            Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
                            Agreed. Why cant they just show the band rockin' out ?
                            Yeah, you're both right. For a comeback single, we want to be seeing the new AIC rocking in the video! We want to get a look at what this new era in the band's history is going to be like; get a feel for them playing live.

I'm liking the tune and it's good to see them soldiering on without Layne. I'm open to the idea of a band continuing with a new frontman. Hey, if it worked for AC/DC....
                            AC/DC are one of the very few bands to have two great frontmen, in Bon Scott and then Brian Johnson. Sadly, the same didn't work for Black Sabbath after Ozzy left.

Comment

I'm actually really digging the new song. You can tell it's AIC right from the start.

Comment

sounds awesome. Very impressed this new AIC could work.

Comment

Working...
                                X