No announcement yet.

Alice In Chains reunion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I can't stop listening to the new song and I can't wait for the new album.

For all those who are still bitching - This is the best Chains we are going to get without Layne. Fucking enjoy it because it's pretty damn good.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I'm not digging the new song. It sounds like a Jerry Cantrell solo outing. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it's not Alice In Chains.

It's just not the same without Layne's voice harmonizing with Jerry's. The music is very similar to Chains, but what else would anyone expect?

I just don't understand why they would continue using Alice In Chains as their name. If the music is good enough, people will listen to it no matter what.

Look at Audioslave or Damageplan. I think both groups realized that no matter who they brought on board it would never be the same. I think Jerry & Co. should follow suit. Even though I think the fans are going to gobble it up. It's still not the same.
      1. John Wick (2014)
      2. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
      3. Escape from New York (1981)
      4. I Saw the Devil (2010)
      5. Gone with the Pope (2010)
      6. Vigilante (1983)
      7. The 36th Chamber of Shaolin ( 1978 )
      8. Over the Edge (1979)
      9. Inherent Vice (2014)
      10. Freddy Got Fingered (2001)

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CthiJh4s6w

One of my favorites

i finally got the unplugged DVD. I never really went looking for it but i said if i ever come across it i am buying it.

Comment

Alice in Chains is my favorite band ever, but I haven't heard the new song yet. I'm scared to. This is pathetic, but I'm afraid of a massive disappointment. I idolize those guys, and it's sure as hell not the same without Layne.

The Unplugged DVD is amazing. I've had it for a year or two. That, and the music bank with their music videos. Gutter you made a great choice in getting it! I learned to play Heaven Beside You from watching Unplugged. :P

Comment

Give it a chance. It's a kickass song.

Comment

Anyone else seeing Alice with Metallica and Mastodon in Dublin on Saturday?

Comment

i got mixed feelings, I love those guys. AIC is in my Top 7 bands ever and the new song is good but the video aaahh, i don't know but still want to hear the entire album.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Comment

[YOUTUBE]bP2SaRaPyRA[/YOUTUBE]

I'm loving this song! This and 'Looking In View', have both been fucking brilliant! Although this video for 'Check My Brain', is much better than the one for the previous single. I'm really anticipating the new album now; something I never thought possible without the late great Layne Staley.
                  Last edited by Slashtastic; 09-16-2009, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tymishu78 View Post
                    I'm sorry, but I'm not digging the new song.
                    The new stuff sounds dumbed-down, and using "California" in a chorus...come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Lowe View Post
                      using "California" in a chorus...come on.
                      From Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Gives_Way_to_Blue

The second single, "Check My Brain", features lyrics dealing with Cantrell's move from Seattle to Los Angeles in 2003.

Comment

Love the song and video.

Reminds my of Queens of the Stone Age's "Go With the Flow" video.

Comment

missed the show last night. 'pissed off' doesn't fully describe.

Comment

Originally posted by jarofsap View Post
                            missed the show last night. 'pissed off' doesn't fully describe.
                            Shit, man...how come?

Comment

show was booked at one of the smallest venues in the city. mastodon's crowd was even too large for this place. that show was a sweatbox. whoever does their booking needs to do their fucking homework.

sold out in a couple minutes. a lot of those tickets are probably still sitting on the desks of online scalpers. i fucking hate that after-market scam bullshit.

i'm assuming once the album is out they'll wanna tour again in support. i'll definitely be at that one.

Comment

That sucks. Yeah, they'll probably come back.

I'm reaaally hoping they'll swing by Denmark too.

Comment

Working...
                                X