Placebo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placebo

Probably a stretch, but are there any Placebo fans around? Their new album, 'Meds,' is already out in the UK and is coming stateside April 4. Got me wanting to talk to any fellow fans out there.
    LAST 5 FILMS:
    The Departed 8.5/10
    Lipstick and Dynamite 7/10
    Employee of the Month 5.5/10
    School For Scoundrals 5/10
    TCM: The Beginning 3.5/10

I dig them. I have the new meds album now. Its good so far. Ive never really gave an entire album of theirs a listen before. So far, so good.
    http://www.neilswaab.com/comics/wiggles/
    Photography :
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladychesire/

Comment

I love Placebo. I'm a huge fan of old Glam Rock like T. Rex, so Placebo naturally fits for me. Black Market Music is my favorite album, but I also like the Self Titled album.

Boy Brian is getting oldddd. Have you seen him lately. Wrinkles!

He used to be a babe.

Comment

I didnt know they were still around!
        I had a few albums back in the late 90's, and then they went less commercial...:confused:

Comment

i started liking them after i heard a set from a festival that they played on the radio. and i really like their new album

Comment

Originally posted by SirStoneyOfBow
            I had a few albums back in the late 90's, and then they went less commercial...:confused:
            See I'm in America, so they have never been commercial at all. No one knows about Placebo.

Comment

I think Brian still look pretty glamorous. If he's showing any anging it's probably b/c of all that shit he used to do.

I absolutely love 'Meds'. To me they get progessively better and better. 'Meds' seems like the kind fo album that if you've ever liked any previous Placebo release at all, you'd really get into. They're very good at using their roots.

GoreGirl, I used to have that same problem with their album as well. I'd like a good chuck of it, but there would always be one or two of their songs that I'd just never really give a chance until much later.

Placebo's one of my favorite bands. They convey a strange emotional state of being and are able to articulate a moment in time flawlessly.
              LAST 5 FILMS:
              The Departed 8.5/10

Comment

Originally posted by SirStoneyOfBow
                TheUS is one of the only countries that Placebo's never been huge in, which boggles my mind. I mean, they can sell out 15,000 person venues in South America but barely fill up the Masquerade in Atlanta? WTF?
                LAST 5 FILMS:
                The Departed 8.5/10

Comment

you have just reminded me that i'm going to be seeing them at a festival in june

Comment

Originally posted by mon lapin est mort
                    you have just reminded me that i'm going to be seeing them at a festival in june
                    lucky bastard. i have proably 15 live recordings of them, but have never had the chance to see them
                    LAST 5 FILMS:
                    The Departed 8.5/10

Comment

Originally posted by sellthesunrise
                      lucky bastard. i have proably 15 live recordings of them, but have never had the chance to see them
                      what's even more lucky is that my whole family invited themselves along, so i didn't have to pay for ticket

Comment

Huge fan of Placebo. I am anxious to the point of wetting myself, ok maybe not that much, over the new record. I wore out their last! ha ha ha
                        argueing is a waste of fucking life!
                        The Ultimate BD Quote Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mrbishop77
                          Huge fan of Placebo. I am anxious to the point of wetting myself, ok maybe not that much, over the new record. I wore out their last! ha ha ha
                          It's well worth the wait. It's basically the next step from Sleeping With Ghosts, which I adored, but I would dare say that Meds actually a better album (both duets, one with VV from the Kills and the other with Michael Stipe from REM are utterly sensational. I can't wait to actually own this puppy, the special edition with dvd of course

mon lapin est mort, can i switch bodies with you?
                          LAST 5 FILMS:
                          The Departed 8.5/10

Comment

Originally posted by sellthesunrise
                            mon lapin est mort, can i switch bodies with you?
                            if you have the urge to walk around a festival with some middle-aged people and an eleven year old girl (my little sister)

i think it might be worth it, especially now that i convinced my friend to come

Comment

bah, placebo probably won't hit the states until the end of summer or fall. they usually do one small US tour. it all depend. and I live in South Carolina so the chances I get to see them are slim to none.

ah, but I still have my dvd. btw, if anyone's thinking about getting Placebo Androgeny, the unauthorized bio. It's actually not terrible, but due to it being unauthorized it was lacking the personal touch it really needed. It was however, somewhat informative.
                              LAST 5 FILMS:
                              The Departed 8.5/10

Comment

Working...
                              X