Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rock/Heavy Metal News/Discussion Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreamkiller666
    Jim Morrison shares the mic with... Snoop Dogg?
    They did a mash up with The Doors and Blondie recently, so I'll believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by travis83
      So does that have the whole episode of Drew Carrey that Mustaine was on or is it just his five second clip? They had a lot of great guitarists on that episode, 'twould be great if they had the whole episode.
      Even Joey Ramone bashing his guitar like a maniac.

Comment

Well, you talked me in to it, Dreamkiller, I bought it. $20; not a bad deal at all. Now to get to watching it all.

Comment

Thats going to great to hear the Rainbow and classic Diver stuff again. Any thought's?
          Yeah I have a thought: BRING IT ON!!! This is fucking sweet! I saw Dio back in 1990 with Yngwie Malmsteen opening up for him. This was the "Lock Up The Wolves" tour. before that I got to see Dio a few times, and for the money, this new tour will only bring out the old timers like me and reaffirm what Ronnie said back in 1990- "America might not be perfect, but right or left, right or wrong, we know how to do one thing better than anyone else...WE ROCK!" Damn right Ronnie James
          "You wish to find Jerusalem, my son?
          You go to the place where the men speak Italian, and take the boat until you come to the place where the men speak something different."

Comment

I remember when i first read this totally disrspectful piece of shit from the doors web site:

the Jim Morrison shares the mic with... Snoop Dogg? Believe it. Snoop and The Doors' new version of "Riders on the Storm"--lead track on EA's Need for Speed Underground 2 videogame, in stores Nov. 16--features new musical contributions from The Doors' Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger and John Densmore, as well as the original master featuring Jim Morrison's vocals. It's called "Riders On The Storm (FredWreck Remix)" - check out an excerpt by clicking HERE! Snoop performed the track at the Need for Speed launch party, now airing on SpikeTV (dates and times at the link).
            Damn that sucks. Isn't it bad enough he did probably the worst cover of alltime when he performed Metallica's - "Sad But True"?
            http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...john+doe+se7en

TOP 20 ALL-TIME (at present time)

http://www.ymdb.com/se7en11/l40364_ukuk.html

Comment

Does this thread include punk? If not, maybe it could....? What do I know, I'm George Costanza.

Comment

I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ_01976
                  I doubt it.
                  Oh well....so who likes 3 Inches of Blood? I think they're badass a great living tribute to Judas Priest...

Comment

I find them laughable. If you want Judas Priest part 2, it's Primal Fear.

Comment

MEGADETH Drummer Says Work On New Album Is Moving Along At 'Very Productive Pace' - Apr. 3, 2006

MEGADETH drummer Shawn Drover has posted the following message in the "Forums" section of the band's official web site:

"Just returned from the L.A. tracking trip, and I must say that [work on the new studio album is] moving along at a very good and productive pace. Glen [Drover, guitar] worked very long hours for four days straight, but the results were certainly worth the borderline delerium that was slowly starting to creep in to Glen's melon (which is always mildly amusing for me to watch — not so much fun to partake in though). My turn is approaching quickly so I think I will retract from any further comments

"Some cool things are heading my way in relation to the studio/drum recordings, but I won't divulge this infomation until it actually does happen — if and when it does indeed happen. Believe me, it is very kick-ass!!!

"All of us are indeed in good spirits and are looking forword to making the best record we can."

MEGADETH's appearance at this year's Desert Rock 2006 festival on March 16 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates marked their debut performance with new bassist James Lomenzo, who has previously played with BLACK LABEL SOCIETY and WHITE LION, among others.

Lomenzo joined MEGADETH as the replacement for James MacDonough (ex-ICED EARTH), who was fired from the group on February 10, 2006 due to "personal differences."

IRON MAIDEN Singer BRUCE DICKINSON To Release 'Anthology' DVD In June - Apr. 4, 2006

Sanctuary Visual Entertainment has set a June 19 release date for IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson's solo DVD, entitled "The Anthology". Check out the DVD cover art at this location. Dickinson had previously told Brazilian magazine Roadie Crew that the DVD is "about four hours in length."

Dickinson is currently in the studio with IRON MAIDEN and producer Kevin Shirley working on the band's new album, tentatively due in October.

3D PUPPETS COVER

With Pop Culture Masterworks, McFarlane Toys is bringing stunning three-dimensional realism to some of the most recognized images in music and film. Now, McFarlane Toys is excited to announce some exciting new licenses that have been added to our steadily growing catalog of imagery. Here is a list of all of the brand-new licenses we have obtained for this category.

Taking highly recognizable film posters and classic rock 'n' roll album covers and sculpting them three-dimensionally is a challenge worthy of McFarlane. Using both traditional sculpting methods and forced perspective, the results are both visually stunning and unique - an entirely new format for collectors.

Released on February 26th, 1986 and having sold over six million copies to date, "Master of Puppets" was Metallica's third studio album and the last recorded with bassist Cliff Burton. The iconic imagery of the album's cover and its status among the band's legion of fans as one of their best offerings made "Master of Puppets" an obvious choice to get the 3-D treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by FatMike
                        Oh well....so who likes 3 Inches of Blood?
                        I do... no one these days has the balls to do what they do the way they do it...
                        'Leather,spikes and swords... Enemies of Metal, your death is our reward

Gotta love 'em

You either get them or you don't ...

'Destinations are often a surprise to the destined'

Comment

Originally posted by Lacrimas
                          I do... no one these days has the balls to do what they do the way they do it...
                          'Leather,spikes and swords... Enemies of Metal, your death is our reward

Gotta love 'em

You either get them or you don't ...
                          Agreed, and I totally "get them" and love every minute of it. They look like vikings sent from the past to kill people with their metal....

Comment

Does this thread include punk? If not, maybe it could....? What do I know, I'm George Costanza.
                            Now,now..you've already got a thread for that ya greedy bastard

And I do like that Master of puppets 3-d treatment..

Comment

Oh well....so who likes 3 Inches of Blood? I think they're badass a great living tribute to Judas Priest...
                              3 inches of blood is awsome,
                              today is the greatest day i've ever known
                              cant wait for tommorow
                              i might not have that long

Comment

Originally posted by CJ_01976
                                Fucking sweet indeed. And how did you get that TNA signature anyway? Could you show me how to get one too?

at www.tnawrestling.com

it's the logo in the left hand top corner, yopu wont miss it, then just put it in your sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X