Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rock/Heavy Metal News/Discussion Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travis83
    MEGADETH Drummer Says Work On New Album Is Moving Along At 'Very Productive Pace' - Apr. 3, 2006

MEGADETH drummer Shawn Drover has posted the following message in the "Forums" section of the band's official web site:

"Just returned from the L.A. tracking trip, and I must say that [work on the new studio album is] moving along at a very good and productive pace. Glen [Drover, guitar] worked very long hours for four days straight, but the results were certainly worth the borderline delerium that was slowly starting to creep in to Glen's melon (which is always mildly amusing for me to watch — not so much fun to partake in though). My turn is approaching quickly so I think I will retract from any further comments

"Some cool things are heading my way in relation to the studio/drum recordings, but I won't divulge this infomation until it actually does happen — if and when it does indeed happen. Believe me, it is very kick-ass!!!

"All of us are indeed in good spirits and are looking forword to making the best record we can."

MEGADETH's appearance at this year's Desert Rock 2006 festival on March 16 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates marked their debut performance with new bassist James Lomenzo, who has previously played with BLACK LABEL SOCIETY and WHITE LION, among others.

Lomenzo joined MEGADETH as the replacement for James MacDonough (ex-ICED EARTH), who was fired from the group on February 10, 2006 due to "personal differences."

IRON MAIDEN Singer BRUCE DICKINSON To Release 'Anthology' DVD In June - Apr. 4, 2006

Sanctuary Visual Entertainment has set a June 19 release date for IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson's solo DVD, entitled "The Anthology". Check out the DVD cover art at this location. Dickinson had previously told Brazilian magazine Roadie Crew that the DVD is "about four hours in length."

Dickinson is currently in the studio with IRON MAIDEN and producer Kevin Shirley working on the band's new album, tentatively due in October.

3D PUPPETS COVER

With Pop Culture Masterworks, McFarlane Toys is bringing stunning three-dimensional realism to some of the most recognized images in music and film. Now, McFarlane Toys is excited to announce some exciting new licenses that have been added to our steadily growing catalog of imagery. Here is a list of all of the brand-new licenses we have obtained for this category.

Taking highly recognizable film posters and classic rock 'n' roll album covers and sculpting them three-dimensionally is a challenge worthy of McFarlane. Using both traditional sculpting methods and forced perspective, the results are both visually stunning and unique - an entirely new format for collectors.

Released on February 26th, 1986 and having sold over six million copies to date, "Master of Puppets" was Metallica's third studio album and the last recorded with bassist Cliff Burton. The iconic imagery of the album's cover and its status among the band's legion of fans as one of their best offerings made "Master of Puppets" an obvious choice to get the 3-D treatment.

thats awesome news.!!!

I watched the arsnal of Megadeth after and i loved it awesome speical features and kick ass videos right from 85-05 . The peeformance at gigantour was fucking awesome too. One of my favorite versions of Peace Sells!!

Some Ripper Owens News:

February 1, 2006
    BEYOND FEAR on Tour with ANTHRAX!!!!!

Great news.... BEYOND FEAR are the special guest on the european ANTHRAX (Reunion)-Tour in April. This is "Metal Thrashing Mad" at it's best! Click here for dates...

January 24, 2006
    BEYOND FEAR CD Release Date!

Beyond Fear, former Judas Priest and current Iced Earth vocalist, Tim ‘Ripper’ Owens’ new band, are scheduled to release their self-titled debut album on Steamhammer/SPV on May 5, 2006 in Germany, May 8,2006 in Europe and May 9, 2006 in the USA. “I always knew that I would bring out an album featuring my own compositions one day,” Owens explains. “But I didn’t feel like a solo recording, I’d much rather perform my songs with a permanent band. That’s how Beyond Fear came about.”

The debut was recorded at the legendary Morrisound Studios in Tampa, Florida, under the direction of producer Jim Morris - a definite quality feature when it comes to the album’s sound and dynamics. Beyond Fear consist of Tim ‘Ripper’ Owens (vocals), John Comprix (rhythm & lead guitar), Dwane Bihary (rhythm guitar), Dennis Hayes (bass) and Eric Elkins (drums). The album consists of fourteen haunting metal numbers, which, according to Owens, “show unmistakably where my musical roots lie: in the classic heavy metal of the Eighties. However, I’ve transported that traditional metal style into the present, lending it its own touch.”

Tim "Ripper" Owens composed seven of the fourteen tracks on "Beyond Fear" on his own, the remaining seven were penned by Tim "Ripper" Owens together with guitarist John Comprix . “This is the best album I’ve ever recorded,” enthuses Owens, promising an extensive European tour starting summer 2006. And there seems to be no doubt in his mind about a continuation of his extremely successful collaboration with Iced Earth mastermind, Jon Schaffer: “I will definitely sing on the next Iced Earth album!”

Festival shows and club gigs beginning summer 2006

BEYOND FEAR - "Beyond Fear"

Release:
    09. Mai 2006 (US)

Tim ‘Ripper’ Owens is without doubt among the most important metal vocalists of the past ten years. When he succeeded Rob Halford, joining Judas Priest in May 1996, the press rubbed their eyes, surprised as well as impressed: Owens had previously been a fairly unknown quantity to international music journalists, but recorded his first Priest album, Jugulator, with more aplomb than even insiders had expected.

Following successful tours with the British metal legends, the strong studio recording, Demolition (2001), and the live recordings, Meltdown - 98 Live (199 and Live In London (2003), Halford’s return put an end to Owens’ stint with Judas Priest. More or less immediately, he was enlisted by Jon Schaffer to team up with Iced Earth and sang on The Glorious Burdon in spring 2004. Yet there was never any doubt in Owens’ mind that he wanted to release an album featuring his own material as soon as possible.

He is now about to carry out his ambitious plan with Beyond Fear, the debut by his same-named new band, due to be released on Steamhammer/SPV on May 8, 2006 (Germany: May 5, North America: May 9). “I didn’t feel like a solo recording, I’d much rather perform my songs with a permanent band. That’s how Beyond Fear came about.”

Ripper Owens composed seven of the fourteen tracks on Beyond Fear, the remaining seven were penned together with guitarist John Comprix and complement Owens material perfectly.

“There’s a whole number of tracks that I’m really proud of,” comments Owens, referring to songs such as ‘Save Me,’ ‘Coming At You’ and ‘My Last Words’ in particular, which he wrote himself on guitar. “I may not be a wonderful guitarist,” he confesses, “but I’m capable of working out my musical ideas on the guitar to such an extent that people like them".

In terms of lyrics, Owens has succeeded in landing an instant classic in ‘Dreams Come True,’ describing himself and his life so far. ‘Scream Machine’, on the other hand, is a title that continues the Priest tradition of martial metal lyrics.

“It’s about a metal machine, a metal monster, and shows where my influences come from. This number is in the style of albums such as Painkiller and would in my opinion also have suited Jugulator. It was the last track I composed for Beyond Fear.” Remains ‘And … You Will Die’, which, according to Owens, “reflects the stylistic direction of the album more than any other song. There are high vocals, but also passages sung in deep voices, plus haunting guitars with an unmistakeable metal orientation.”

The debut was recorded at the legendary Morrisound studios in Tampa, Florida, under the direction of producer Jim Morris - a definite quality feature when it comes to the album’s sound and dynamics, particularly as Morris understood and translated the compositional concept perfectly. “I’ve matured, especially in terms of my songwriting,” Owens analyses the past decade. “I compose songs that the fans understand and that they can shake their hair to."

Ripper also has a band befoe Priest that kicked serious ass called "Winter's Bane" they released an album called "Heart Of A Killer" which is a concept album about a judge with a bad heart who sentances a murderer to death, then recieves the murderer's "heart" in a transplant. The riffs and sound is amazing and it has been re-released as a dual disc which includes a LIVE show of the album and some unreleased tracks.

ROCK ON!!

Comment

ROADRUNNER RECORDS SIGNS DRAGONFORCE - 4.5.2006

Roadrunner is proud to announce the signing of UK power metal masters, Dragonforce. The band's Roadrunner US debut, Inhuman Rampage, was released in the UK, mainland Europe and Japan on January 9th to critical raves such as these...

"Make no mistake, this is a revolutionary album, one that will herald a sea of change in metal. While other bands want to be bigger than Metallica, Dragonforce have the capacity to be bigger than Star Wars." - Metal Hammer

"Here is a Brit-based power metal outfit truly deserving of the 'power' prefix, who come along with a genuine sense of fun and more shredding ability than an army of Yngwies." - Classic Rock Magazine

Since forming in London in 1999, Dragonforce has taken UK, European and Japanese audiences by storm. The brainchild of guitarists - Hong Kong born Herman Li and New Zealander Sam Totman - along with South African emigre ZP Theart on vocals, Dragonforce (then called Dragon Heart) were quick to carve their name in stone with metal fans. The balance of the band - Dave Mackintosh (British), Vadim Pruzhanov (Ukranian) and Frederic Leclercq (French) - make Dragonforce a true meeting of great international musical minds.

2003's debut album Valley of the Damned and 2004's Sonic Firestorm set the stage and standard for a sound combining the primal force of power metal with hard-earned musical proficiency, old-school thrash, and muscular melody.

"You cannot liken Dragonforce to anything that has come before in metal," states Roadrunner A&R man Mike Gitter. "Listening to Dragonforce is almost overwhelming. The sheer energy, vibe and audacity of it all...every chord just oozes with the spirit of triumph!"

Now with third album, Inhuman Rampage, and a deal for North America with Roadrunner, Dragonforce are set to become a major force on the worldwide metal scene.

"As a new band, I was thrilled when we toured Japan on our debut album. When we were chosen to tour with Iron Maiden on our second album last year, I was equally fired up. Now, the most exciting of them all is signing with Roadrunner for our new album Inhuman Rampage!" says Herman Li. "We know our fans in North America have been waiting a long time for us. Here we come!"

Here they come, indeed: prepare for the onslaught as Dragonforce arrive in the U.S. in late April, for a tour with RR labelmates Sanctity.

Visit the Dragonforce's WEBSITE to learn more. Inhuman Rampage is due out in North America on Roadrunner in the summer of 2006.

Roadrunner's New Signings Dragonforce hit the us here are a few facts posted on there roadrunner's site
      We canvassed the web in search of comments about Roadrunner's latest signings, Dragonforce, and to be perfectly honest we were pretty surprised with what we found. Have a read below and don't ask us to confirm any of this...

- Little does everyone know, Dragonforce was the first metal band. Before Dragonforce, there was no metal. In fact, before Dragonforce, men lived in caves and hunted their prey.

- There are two types of metal: nu metal, and Dragonforce.

- A new study conducted by professors at Harvard University shows that Dragonforce is the only band worth listening to.

- During a show, Dragonforce once played so fast, the sound waves from the speakers ripped the skin off their fans.

- At another show, Dragonforce played so fast, they broke the speed of light, traveled back in time, and ripped a hole in the Titanic, causing it to sink. So now, before shows, Dragonforce's manager injects them with horse tranquilizer which dramatically slows them down in order to avoid such tragedies from occuring again.

- The originators of Sonic the Hedgehog got the idea for the name of the character from the second Dragonforce album, Sonic Firestorm. How this was done before Dragonforce ever formed has yet to be determined.

- When someone who hasn't heard Dragonforce asks you what they sound like, just tell them that Dragonforce is like Manowar (minus the loin-cloths and assless chaps, they're saving those for album number four) at 200 mph, times infinity to the bajillionth power

- As if Dragonforce isn't fast enough, they once played a show while addicted to speed...There were no survivors.

- Whenever there is a threat to our homeland security, the President calls upon Dragonforce to save the day. They arrive in a homemade jet called the Dragonheart, riding with fire burning hot towards the night sky, and use all their might to slay the terrorists and fly off above the winter moonlight...but not before getting boozed and gangbanging the first daughter.

- Herman Li's hair is so long, he once clothed himself with it and nobody noticed he wasn't wearing anything.

- Herman Li's hair is so long, his windmill headbang is considered a deadly weapon, and he is not allowed on airplanes.

- Herman Li's hair is so long, he can swing it around in circles and propel himself into the air.

- In the race between the tortoise and the hare, Dragonforce won.

- When Sam Totman entered a beer drinking contest, they declared someone else as the winner, but only because Sam had finished his beers so fast, no one could see him do it.

- Dragonforce is so fast, that one time their manager made them play a gig under water to slow them down. But his plan backfired, as the motion of their fingers caused a miniature tsunami that drowned all their fans.

- Whenever you hear the sound of thunder in the sky, it's not the weather acting up. It's Dragonforce performing a private show for Elvis. 'Cause Elvis is down with the D-Force.

- A revolutionary new dog whistle has just been released on the market. When you blow it, the sound of ZP's voice comes out.

- Dragonforce taught David Lee Roth how to jump really high in his music videos.

- "The Shredder" from the Ninja Turtles was obviously a fan of Herman Li.

- Leading psychologists have conducted a new study that has determined that exposure to Dragonforce's highly uplifting melodies at an early age has greatly decreased suicide rates.

- Dragonforce's music is like a conga dance: 1, 2, 3, and kick every other power metal band's ass.

- Every member of Dragonforce has special powers. Sam has Medusa pants. Anyone who looks at his white, skin-tight jeans is immediately turned to stone. Herman has the "power of hair" which allows him to fly and to eliminate inferior musicians from a distance. Dave kicks the shit out of people at a rate of fifty kicks to the face per second. Vadim's holy jeans are so mesmerizing, they stun his nu-metal enemies while he tears out every one of their veins and uses them as piano strings. ZP has the power of "balls in a vice grip" wich allows him to put his enemies' balls into a vice grip...

- When something is a little dull or plain, it either needs more cowbell, or more Dragonforce.

- Dragonforce steals the coins out from under children's pillows when they lose a tooth and blow it all on booze and hookers.

- The real reason Adrian left was because Sam was hogging all the beer and would attempt to do solos on ketchup bottles during gigs.

- In a race between a Ferrari and a Lamborgini, Dragonforce wins.

- The only two things visible from space with the naked eye are the Great Wall Of China and Herman Li's hair.

- Dragonforce tends to destroy all the buildings in which they play due to sonic booms.

- Ever since 1999, the year Dragonforce formed, sonic boom related deaths have risen tenfold.

- There's real music, and then there's Dragonforce. Dragonforce doesn't qualify as "real" music, because their skills are so godlike, their music couldn't possibly be created by man, and so it must be unreal.

- One time, Dragonforce played a gig near Mt. St. Helens in Washington state. A sonic boom from their speakers caused one whole side of the mountain to blow up. Little do most people know, that volcano was completely dormant.

- Historians made an important discovery this week when they discovered hidden documents from a thousand years ago, written by William the Conqueror. They appear to be part of his personal diary. In it, he writes his personal thoughts, opinions, and justifications for all of his conquests. He states that the true reason for his invasion of England was so he could go see Dragonforce.

- Chuck Norris listens to Dragonforce. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Pfft

Luca Turilli >>> Dragonforce

I prefer extra cheese with my power metal.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIDGE
          ROADRUNNER RECORDS SIGNS DRAGONFORCE - 4.5.2006

Roadrunner is proud to announce the signing of UK power metal masters, Dragonforce. The band's Roadrunner US debut, Inhuman Rampage, was released in the UK, mainland Europe and Japan on January 9th to critical raves such as these...

"Make no mistake, this is a revolutionary album, one that will herald a sea of change in metal. While other bands want to be bigger than Metallica, Dragonforce have the capacity to be bigger than Star Wars." - Metal Hammer

"Here is a Brit-based power metal outfit truly deserving of the 'power' prefix, who come along with a genuine sense of fun and more shredding ability than an army of Yngwies." - Classic Rock Magazine

Since forming in London in 1999, Dragonforce has taken UK, European and Japanese audiences by storm. The brainchild of guitarists - Hong Kong born Herman Li and New Zealander Sam Totman - along with South African emigre ZP Theart on vocals, Dragonforce (then called Dragon Heart) were quick to carve their name in stone with metal fans. The balance of the band - Dave Mackintosh (British), Vadim Pruzhanov (Ukranian) and Frederic Leclercq (French) - make Dragonforce a true meeting of great international musical minds.

2003's debut album Valley of the Damned and 2004's Sonic Firestorm set the stage and standard for a sound combining the primal force of power metal with hard-earned musical proficiency, old-school thrash, and muscular melody.

"You cannot liken Dragonforce to anything that has come before in metal," states Roadrunner A&R man Mike Gitter. "Listening to Dragonforce is almost overwhelming. The sheer energy, vibe and audacity of it all...every chord just oozes with the spirit of triumph!"

Now with third album, Inhuman Rampage, and a deal for North America with Roadrunner, Dragonforce are set to become a major force on the worldwide metal scene.

"As a new band, I was thrilled when we toured Japan on our debut album. When we were chosen to tour with Iron Maiden on our second album last year, I was equally fired up. Now, the most exciting of them all is signing with Roadrunner for our new album Inhuman Rampage!" says Herman Li. "We know our fans in North America have been waiting a long time for us. Here we come!"

Here they come, indeed: prepare for the onslaught as Dragonforce arrive in the U.S. in late April, for a tour with RR labelmates Sanctity.

Visit the Dragonforce's WEBSITE to learn more. Inhuman Rampage is due out in North America on Roadrunner in the summer of 2006.

Roadrunner's New Signings Dragonforce hit the us here are a few facts posted on there roadrunner's site
          We canvassed the web in search of comments about Roadrunner's latest signings, Dragonforce, and to be perfectly honest we were pretty surprised with what we found. Have a read below and don't ask us to confirm any of this...

- Little does everyone know, Dragonforce was the first metal band. Before Dragonforce, there was no metal. In fact, before Dragonforce, men lived in caves and hunted their prey.

- There are two types of metal: nu metal, and Dragonforce.

- A new study conducted by professors at Harvard University shows that Dragonforce is the only band worth listening to.

- During a show, Dragonforce once played so fast, the sound waves from the speakers ripped the skin off their fans.

- At another show, Dragonforce played so fast, they broke the speed of light, traveled back in time, and ripped a hole in the Titanic, causing it to sink. So now, before shows, Dragonforce's manager injects them with horse tranquilizer which dramatically slows them down in order to avoid such tragedies from occuring again.

- The originators of Sonic the Hedgehog got the idea for the name of the character from the second Dragonforce album, Sonic Firestorm. How this was done before Dragonforce ever formed has yet to be determined.

- When someone who hasn't heard Dragonforce asks you what they sound like, just tell them that Dragonforce is like Manowar (minus the loin-cloths and assless chaps, they're saving those for album number four) at 200 mph, times infinity to the bajillionth power

- As if Dragonforce isn't fast enough, they once played a show while addicted to speed...There were no survivors.

- Whenever there is a threat to our homeland security, the President calls upon Dragonforce to save the day. They arrive in a homemade jet called the Dragonheart, riding with fire burning hot towards the night sky, and use all their might to slay the terrorists and fly off above the winter moonlight...but not before getting boozed and gangbanging the first daughter.

- Herman Li's hair is so long, he once clothed himself with it and nobody noticed he wasn't wearing anything.

- Herman Li's hair is so long, his windmill headbang is considered a deadly weapon, and he is not allowed on airplanes.

- Herman Li's hair is so long, he can swing it around in circles and propel himself into the air.

- In the race between the tortoise and the hare, Dragonforce won.

- When Sam Totman entered a beer drinking contest, they declared someone else as the winner, but only because Sam had finished his beers so fast, no one could see him do it.

- Dragonforce is so fast, that one time their manager made them play a gig under water to slow them down. But his plan backfired, as the motion of their fingers caused a miniature tsunami that drowned all their fans.

- Whenever you hear the sound of thunder in the sky, it's not the weather acting up. It's Dragonforce performing a private show for Elvis. 'Cause Elvis is down with the D-Force.

- A revolutionary new dog whistle has just been released on the market. When you blow it, the sound of ZP's voice comes out.

- Dragonforce taught David Lee Roth how to jump really high in his music videos.

- "The Shredder" from the Ninja Turtles was obviously a fan of Herman Li.

- Leading psychologists have conducted a new study that has determined that exposure to Dragonforce's highly uplifting melodies at an early age has greatly decreased suicide rates.

- Dragonforce's music is like a conga dance: 1, 2, 3, and kick every other power metal band's ass.

- Every member of Dragonforce has special powers. Sam has Medusa pants. Anyone who looks at his white, skin-tight jeans is immediately turned to stone. Herman has the "power of hair" which allows him to fly and to eliminate inferior musicians from a distance. Dave kicks the shit out of people at a rate of fifty kicks to the face per second. Vadim's holy jeans are so mesmerizing, they stun his nu-metal enemies while he tears out every one of their veins and uses them as piano strings. ZP has the power of "balls in a vice grip" wich allows him to put his enemies' balls into a vice grip...

- When something is a little dull or plain, it either needs more cowbell, or more Dragonforce.

- Dragonforce steals the coins out from under children's pillows when they lose a tooth and blow it all on booze and hookers.

- The real reason Adrian left was because Sam was hogging all the beer and would attempt to do solos on ketchup bottles during gigs.

- In a race between a Ferrari and a Lamborgini, Dragonforce wins.

- The only two things visible from space with the naked eye are the Great Wall Of China and Herman Li's hair.

- Dragonforce tends to destroy all the buildings in which they play due to sonic booms.

- Ever since 1999, the year Dragonforce formed, sonic boom related deaths have risen tenfold.

- There's real music, and then there's Dragonforce. Dragonforce doesn't qualify as "real" music, because their skills are so godlike, their music couldn't possibly be created by man, and so it must be unreal.

- One time, Dragonforce played a gig near Mt. St. Helens in Washington state. A sonic boom from their speakers caused one whole side of the mountain to blow up. Little do most people know, that volcano was completely dormant.

- Historians made an important discovery this week when they discovered hidden documents from a thousand years ago, written by William the Conqueror. They appear to be part of his personal diary. In it, he writes his personal thoughts, opinions, and justifications for all of his conquests. He states that the true reason for his invasion of England was so he could go see Dragonforce.

- Chuck Norris listens to Dragonforce. 'Nuff said.
          cool news!

Comment

anyone got any news/rumors about the next Metallica or Megadeth albums?? I know there in the works, so naturally i can't wait for them both. IM looking forward to an amazing follow up to the kick ass metal meyham that was System Has Failed. I also want to see Metallica rise from the ashes again and surpas St. Anger. I liked St. Anger alot but System Blew it to shreds, im always a Megadeth over MEtallica fan but Metallica can do better...

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamkiller666
              anyone got any news/rumors about the next Metallica or Megadeth albums?? I know there in the works, so naturally i can't wait for them both. IM looking forward to an amazing follow up to the kick ass metal meyham that was System Has Failed. I also want to see Metallica rise from the ashes again and surpas St. Anger. I liked St. Anger alot but System Blew it to shreds, im always a Megadeth over MEtallica fan but Metallica can do better...
              I don't think Metallica will be able to surpass St. Anger (which should not be a hard thing to do). Their mind set has changed so much I doubt their music will be what it used to. I also have been a Megadeth fan over Metallica, by far. However, I was so disappointed to hear Dave's whining about Metallica success blah... when Megadeth has loyal, consistent fans,pretty decent sales and sold out concerts. He shit all over it, w/ the things he said.

System was really good I didn't like it much the fist time I heard it. I thought Vinnie's drumming was awesome.However, the drummer Dave used live, was awful. He was doing the bass drum doubles w/ the toms wtf? ... I never thought I would walk out on a Megadeth concert... wish I could've seen Mensa (or even Digrasso) w/ Friedman \m/... Oh well... don't think that will be happening.

'Destinations are often a surprise to the destined'

Comment

Originally posted by Lacrimas
                I don't think Metallica will be able to surpass St. Anger (which should not be a hard thing to do). Their mind set has changed so much I doubt their music will be what it used to. I also have been a Megadeth fan over Metallica, by far. However, I was so disappointed to hear Dave's whining about Metallica success blah... when Megadeth has loyal, consistent fans,pretty decent sales and sold out concerts. He shit all over it, w/ the things he said.

System was really good I didn't like it much the fist time I heard it. I thought Vinnie's drumming was awesome.However, the drummer Dave used live, was awful. He was doing the bass drum doubles w/ the toms wtf? ... I never thought I would walk out on a Megadeth concert... wish I could've seen Mensa (or even Digrasso) w/ Friedman \m/... Oh well... don't think that will be happening.

well i don't think he shit all over it by any means, he was just pissed that the band he wrote songs with/for who he thought were his friends, kicked him out and used both him and his talent to make it big and didn't give him any reguard untill later on when they were forced to for legal reasons. Dave Mustaine has more talent than lars, James, and Hammet put together. This same situation always happens to bands that have to much talent in one line up. eg. Dave Mustaine with Metallica, Helloween (Kai Hanson, Weikath, Kiske line up), van halen, and Judas Priest (who are reunited now \m/
                Last edited by Dreamkiller666; 04-06-2006, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Halford Iv

JUDAS PRIEST frontman ROB HALFORD’s official website (www.robhalford.com) has been updated with the following HALFORD band news:

"HALFORD IV (Untitled Future Release)

Here we go Halford fans!! Rob Halford is preparing to enter the recording studio with his solo band late 2005; in preparation for the band's 4th Release.

For an intense challenge, The Metal God will select 1 (one) Vocalist; 1 (one) Guitarist; 1 (one) Bassist; and 1 (one) Drummer to participate in an elite recording environment whereabouts a ferocious, new Halford-penned track will be recorded for “EXCLUSIVE BROADCAST” right here on www.RobHalford.com

Yeah, The Metal God is looking for the most driven muthas out there, for you're not only goin' to have to hold your own with TMG, but also Halford guitarist Metal Mike Chlasciak, Producer / Guitarist Roy Z., Bassist Mike Davis & Drummer Bobby Jarzombek.

Even if you're not jetted to some cool locale, you too can participate, for The Halford Studio will be equipped with hi-resolution “Live-Streaming Webcams,” and these cameras will broadcast real-time, studio events right here on www.RobHalford.com (broadband service required).

Comment

well i don't think he shit all over it by any means, he was just pissed that the band he wrote songs with/for who he thought were his friends, kicked him out and used both him and his talent to make it big and didn't give him any reguard untill later on when they were forced to for legal reasons. Dave Mustaine has more talent than lars, James, and Hammet put together. This same situation always happens to bands that have to much talent in one line up. eg. Dave Mustaine with Metallica, Helloween (Kai Hanson, Weikath, Kiske line up), van halen, and Judas Priest (who are reunited now \m/
                    that's going a little far there isn't it? Metallica didn't get popular until Master of Puppets was released and they didn't get mega successful until the Black Album was released, and I'm sure Dave had absolutely nothing to do with anything on either album. I've said it once, I'll say it again, James Hetfield is the talent in Metallica.

Comment

It was shitty the way he got kicked out, no doubt about that.
                      However, I was referring to his thoughts on when Metallica fans (supposedly) look at him saying 'Metallica \m/' he went on to say 'how I'm a supposed to feel...? wtf? I think that by doing a better band and caring for what YOUR fan base has to say should suffice... Also, he gets into childish discussions w/ his owns fans at his board (which I've visited twice)... Then the concert I went he opened by saying ' We don't have much time so we just want to play as much as possible, you can e-mail me if you want but as far a chatting online... ain't gonna do it' then started the show... I don't know, I don't think is nec. to elaborate. I thought that despise the booze and drugs he was an intelligent individual, but every time he talks or whines, he proves otherwise.

'Destinations are often a surprise to the destined'

Comment

that's going a little far there isn't it? Metallica didn't get popular until Master of Puppets was released and they didn't get mega successful until the Black Album was released, and I'm sure Dave had absolutely nothing to do with anything on either album. I've said it once, I'll say it again, James Hetfield is the talent in Metallica.

I was referring to helping Metallica get their start. Example: the song "The Four Horsemen/MEchanix" was written by Dave before he even joined metallica....but metallica still got popular first from that song, actually it's one of both megadeth's and metallica's most known tunes, yet it was written by Dave. Other stuff he contributed to in metallica's song list are: Four Horsemen, Ride The Lightning, MEtal MElita, Call Of Ktulu..and 2 others on the Kill EM All album. I belive that after Dave left James was the driving force in metallica and James has amazing talent...but Dave is better.

Comment

Originally posted by depecheanix
                          Pfft

Luca Turilli >>> Dragonforce

I prefer extra cheese with my power metal.
                          Luca Turilli fucking sucks, and so does that shitty Rhapsody band of his. They're so fucking laughable it hurts. Dragonforce kills both instantly. Hell, Manowar does that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamkiller
                            James has amazing talent...but Dave is better.
                            Which is why Megadeth has sold 15 million records and Metallica has sold 90 million.

Just kidding with you man.

Comment

it's the logo in the left hand top corner, yopu wont miss it, then just put it in your sig.
                              Ummm, how? :confused:

Comment

Which is why Megadeth has sold 15 million records and Metallica has sold 90 million.

Just kidding with you man.
                                Megadeth is still better than Metallishit is anyway. Metallica couldn't outdo "The System Has Failed" even if they did try too.

Comment

Working...
                                X