Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rock/Heavy Metal News/Discussion Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kesha should not even be allowed to Purxhase Alice Cooper albums let alone be featured on one......anyway that name is now forbidden in the rock/metal (good) music thread lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Shinobi37 View Post
      Friend of a friend made a film, check it !

[YOUTUBE]RwaYcp2uYLU[/YOUTUBE]
      ???? Is this rock/metal music??

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamkiller666 View Post
        ???? Is this rock/metal music??
        Well the band Pentagram, your avatar also seems within likeness...but I was looking to post somewhere in the music discussion thread a documentary that was associated with that metal tip. I didn't know you have to specifically put up a track or song from a rock or metal band, but if that's the case, then the fist video is a documentary about the life afterwards of this metal rocker.

[YOUTUBE]cR-S0Y_EZIM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]tfLfidz6yHc[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Pentagram = amazing.

I can't wait to watch that doc.

Comment

• Went to Soundwave in Sydney last night.

Jesus what a fucking ball! LOVED it. I'm completely fucked now though.

I saw;

Anthrax - Who were fucking awesome, everyone had a ball, even my sister who doesn't know their songs. I'd love to see them play for longer one day. They did a big thing for Ronnie James Dio too, which was nice, we all held the Devil Metal Horns in the air and they played funeral bells. It was pretty eerie really. They finished with a cover of AC/DC's T.N.T. Which was sweet.

Bullet For My Valentine - Not a huge fan, only like one song really, which they played (Tears Don't Fall). But they did put on a pretty good show.

Slayer - Now this was fucking crazy, I made sure I was front and centre too. Right on the fucking fence. It was utterly insane . I'd also like to see them play longer one day. They are doing 'Sidewave' shows with Anthrax but I don't have the cash. Their back drop was absolutely fucking awesome too. They played my two favourite songs from hem, Desiple and Angel Of Death. I'm not a fan of Reign In Blood really, it was their last song, I would have MUCH rathered Wold Painted Blood. Oh well.

A Perfect Circle - Never listened to them before, and they were on the same stage as Metallica, who played near two hours after them. So I got there early to be able to push forward. Ehh, they were pretty fucking weird. Totally had them on at the wrong time. Fuck that shit.

Linken Park - The were on the sate to my right (Stage 1b) while Metallica set up on Stage 1a. I was actually surprised. very surprised on how good LP sound live. Some guy got trampled in the pit and the singer stopped mid song and didn't start again until they got in out and onto a stretcher. I'm not a huge fan but they played the songs I do know.

And then METALLICA! Their set was;
            Hit the Lights
            Master of Puppets
            Holier Than Thou
            Harvester of Sorrow
            Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
            Ride the Lightning
            Broken, Beat & Scarred
            Sad But True
            Fade to Black
            Orion
            One
            For Whom the Bell Tolls
            Blackened
            Nothing Else Matters
            Enter Sandman
            Creeping Death
            Fight Fire with Fire
            Seek & Destroy.

I was RIGHT in the middle, about 9 people back, and in the centre of the pit. Jesus fuck was it crazy! The first two songs, was just non-stop full on pushing jumping and thrashing. It settled a bit after that, everyone would have been fucked as Metallica were the festivals last act. I absolutely loved it, finally saw them Live.

My neck is fucked, I can hardly walk, I'm battered and bruised, have NO voice. And I'm following the cunts to Melbourne so I get to do it all over again in 8 days!!!
            "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
            Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
            My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
              And then METALLICA! Their set was;
              Hit the Lights
              Master of Puppets
              Holier Than Thou
              Harvester of Sorrow
              Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
              Ride the Lightning
              Broken, Beat & Scarred
              Sad But True
              Fade to Black
              Orion
              One
              For Whom the Bell Tolls
              Blackened
              Nothing Else Matters
              Enter Sandman
              Creeping Death
              Fight Fire with Fire
              Seek & Destroy.

I was RIGHT in the middle, about 9 people back, and in the centre of the pit. Jesus fuck was it crazy! The first two songs, was just non-stop full on pushing jumping and thrashing. It settled a bit after that, everyone would have been fucked as Metallica were the festivals last act. I absolutely loved it, finally saw them Live.

My neck is fucked, I can hardly walk, I'm battered and bruised, have NO voice. And I'm following the cunts to Melbourne so I get to do it all over again in 8 days!!!
              I hope they do a states tour again real soon.

Comment

• Who was the douchebag who lit up a magnesium flare in the mosh and burnt people ?

Other than that it sounded pretty crazy. Glad you had a good time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                  Who was the douchebag who lit up a magnesium flare in the mosh and burnt people ?

Other than that it sounded pretty crazy. Glad you had a good time.
                  Not a clue, that was at Bring Me The Horizon. I didn't go to them as their Screamo fags. So that bitch deserved to be burned and disfigured.

Someone let one off at Metallica, in Nothing Else Matters. No one was hurt by that one though.
                  "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                  Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                  My little idiot..

Comment

• Came across an awesome Tool documentary today on Youtube. Pretty much goes through all of their records from Opiate to 10,000 Days. Lots of cool information in this one and I learned a bunch of new stuff about them. Check it out if you get a chance. Here is a link to the first portion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpgK0tw9u8Y

Comment

• Alice In Chains were hilarious. Classic Headbanger's Ball episode:

[YOUTUBE]FpdCGfaxl7w[/YOUTUBE]

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                      Jurassic World - 7/10
                      Speed - 8.5/10
                      John Wick - 9.5/10
                      The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                      Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Maiden re-recorded their first two albums with Dickinson and have a new album completed for release in 2015 once Bruce gets past his tongue cancer treatments.

New Megadeth album this year with possible RIP lineup. \m/\m/

Glad to see this old thread I made still exists lol.

\m/\m/

Comment

• They're re-releasing Metallica's No Life 'Til Leather demo tape in cassette form for "Record Store Day" this year in April. I should be able to obtain a copy considering there are 3 stores around me participating.

There's a CD version being made too, which I'll try to get as well. The cassette will be purely for collector's value. I don't even think I could listen to it to be honest.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
                            They're re-releasing Metallica's No Life 'Til Leather demo tape in cassette form for "Record Store Day" this year in April. I should be able to obtain a copy considering there are 3 stores around me participating.

There's a CD version being made too, which I'll try to get as well. The cassette will be purely for collector's value. I don't even think I could listen to it to be honest.
                            really looking forward to that. I have a poor quality version as I'm a Dave Mustaine and early Metallica fan.

Comment

• I'm looking for some new heavy music to get into.

Something Tool like, proggy and dark.

Any suggestions/recs ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                                I'm looking for some new heavy music to get into.

Something Tool like, proggy and dark.

Any suggestions/recs ?
                                http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewforum.php?f=11
                                Might be a better forum to find bands

Comment

Working...
                                X