Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best of 2012.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    New Dordeduh and Enslaved discs are out. Heard good things about them.

    Infini-Tropolis

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by WodenHorde View Post
      • Inverloch - Dusk Subside EP
      • Mgła - With Hearts Toward None
      • Swans - The Seer
      • Hour Of 13 - 333
      • Clams Casino - Instrumentals II
      • Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction
      • Obolus - Lament EP
      • Christian Mistress - Possession
      • Black Breath - Sentenced to Life
      • Muknal - Muknal EP
      • Grave - Endless Procession of Souls
      • Martyrdöd - Paranoia
      Aluk Todolo - Occult Rock
      Neurosis - Honor Found in Decay
      Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind
      Evoken - Atra Mors
      Wovenhand - The Laughing Stalk
      Master - The New Elite
      Last edited by WodenHorde; 10-16-2012, 07:04 AM.

      Infini-Tropolis

      Comment


      • #33
        I am so out of touch with newer music. The best album I heard this year is Storm Corrosion's self titled.

        Comment


        • #34
          New "Pig Destroyer" gets my vote. It's really great, pure ferocity with some meaty hooks for good measure. Dudes never disappoint.

          [YOUTUBE]9TQHATW9AHY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
          Last edited by Sea Hag; 11-11-2012, 09:30 AM.

          DVDs


          Recent Flicks
          Jurassic World - 7/10
          Speed - 8.5/10
          John Wick - 9.5/10
          The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
          Interstellar - 8/10

          Comment


          • #35
            Every Time I Die - Ex Lives
            Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind
            Crystal Castles - III
            Between the Buried and Me - Parallax II: Future Sequence
            Deftones - Koi No Yokan

            Comment


            • #36
              Newer music makes me sterile. I'll just continue listening to what the kids call "old shit"

              That old shit is superior to all their shitty ass music.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
                Every Time I Die - Ex Lives
                Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind
                Crystal Castles - III
                Between the Buried and Me - Parallax II: Future Sequence
                Deftones - Koi No Yokan


                All of that^, +
                • The Casualties - Resistance
                • Billy Talent - Dead Silence
                • Anathema - Weather Systems
                • Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory
                • Howler - America Give Up
                • Gojia - L'efent sauvage
                • Ne Obliviscaris - Portal of I
                • Periphery - Periphery II
                • Baroness - Yellow & Green
                • Gallows - S/T
                • Title Fight - Floral Green
                • Trachmibrod - A Collection of Hidden Sketches
                • Trash Talk - 119
                • Your Demise - The Golden Age

                Still got plenty of listening to do. Missed about 6 months of music!
                Last edited by Fates Designer; 11-23-2012, 01:58 PM.
                2014 DRAFT

                1. The Raid 2 [Evans, 2014]
                2. Lost in Translation [Coppola, 2003]
                3. Frances Ha [Baumbach, 2012]
                4. Take Shelter [Nichols, 2011]
                5. Under the Skin [Glazer, 2013]
                6. The Grand Budapest Hotel [Anderson, 2014]
                7. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World [Wright, 2010]
                8. Lady Vengeance [Park, 2005]
                9. Eastern Promises [Cronenberg, 2007]
                10. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang [Black, 2005]



                LASTFM - PHOTOGRAPHY - DVDAF - FACEBOOK

                Comment


                • #38
                  Some of my favorites this year:

                  1. Carach Angren - Where The Corpses Sink Forever

                  2. Anaal Nathrakh - Vanitas

                  3. Meshuggah - Koloss

                  4. The Devin Townsend Project - Epicloud

                  5. Wintersun - Time I

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Morningriser View Post
                    I am so out of touch with newer music. The best album I heard this year is Storm Corrosion's self titled.
                    I enjoyed this one too, but it wasn't one of the best for me. Probably because I was expecting a bit more from those two teaming up. It was very low key and mellow and I wanted something a bit heavier.

                    Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
                    Every Time I Die - Ex Lives
                    Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind
                    Crystal Castles - III
                    Between the Buried and Me - Parallax II: Future Sequence
                    Deftones - Koi No Yokan
                    Yup. Except, I haven't fully listened to the new CC, but I'm sure I'll love it since I'm a big fan of everything they've done yet.


                    The Mountain Goats - Transcendental Youth
                    Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!
                    BTBAM - Parallax II
                    Converge - All We Love
                    Deftones - Koi Yo Yokan
                    Every Time I Die - Ex Lives
                    P.O.S. - We Don't Even Live Here
                    Swans - The Seer
                    Grizzly Bear - Shields
                    Japandroids - Celebration Rock
                    The Men - Open Your Heart
                    Andrew Bird - Break It Yourself
                    The Tallest Man on Earth - There's No Leaving Now
                    The Mars Volta - Noctourniquet
                    Pop. 1280 - The Horror

                    That's all I got right now, I could come up with some more but I gotta get my ass to work.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis
                      Deadmau5 - > Album Title Goes Here <
                      Baroness - Yellow & Green
                      Gojira - L'Enfant Sauvage
                      Father John Misty - Fear Fun

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Gabberhouse24 View Post
                        The Mountain Goats - Transcendental Youth
                        Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!
                        BTBAM - Parallax II
                        Converge - All We Love
                        Deftones - Koi Yo Yokan
                        Every Time I Die - Ex Lives
                        P.O.S. - We Don't Even Live Here
                        Swans - The Seer
                        Grizzly Bear - Shields
                        Japandroids - Celebration Rock
                        The Men - Open Your Heart
                        Andrew Bird - Break It Yourself
                        The Tallest Man on Earth - There's No Leaving Now
                        The Mars Volta - Noctourniquet
                        Pop. 1280 - The Horror

                        That's all I got right now, I could come up with some more but I gotta get my ass to work.
                        Ok, I'll add Crystal Castles - III to this list. Just went through it and they've put together another fantastic album. Three amazing albums in a row, gotta love it.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Gabberhouse24 View Post
                          Ok, I'll add Crystal Castles - III to this list. Just went through it and they've put together another fantastic album. Three amazing albums in a row, gotta love it.
                          III is brilliant.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post
                            III is brilliant.
                            They all are. They just keep putting out gold. I love it.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Favorites:

                              Gojira - L'Enfant Sauvage
                              High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis
                              Down - The Purple EP
                              Graveyard - Lights Out
                              Neurosis - Honor Found In Decay
                              Every Time I Die - Ex Lives
                              Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind
                              Deftones - Koi No Yokan
                              Mark Lanegan - Blues Funeral
                              Baroness - Yellow & Green
                              Meshuggah - Koloss
                              The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten
                              Soundgarden - King Animal
                              Lamb of God - Resolution
                              Hans Zimmer - The Dark Knight Rises OST
                              Crippled Black Phoenix - (Mankind) The Crafty Ape
                              Between the Buried and Me - The Parallax II: Future Sequence
                              The Sword - Apocryphon
                              Old Man Gloom - No
                              Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
                              Torche - Harmonicraft
                              Black Breath - Sentenced to Life
                              Melvins - The Bulls & The Bees EP
                              Rush - Clockwork Angels
                              The Mars Volta - Noctourniquet

                              This year has been amazing for great albums.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                                Favorites:

                                Gojira - L'Enfant Sauvage
                                High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis
                                Down - The Purple EP
                                Graveyard - Lights Out
                                Neurosis - Honor Found In Decay
                                Every Time I Die - Ex Lives
                                Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind
                                Deftones - Koi No Yokan
                                Mark Lanegan - Blues Funeral
                                Baroness - Yellow & Green
                                Meshuggah - Koloss
                                The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten
                                Soundgarden - King Animal
                                Lamb of God - Resolution
                                Hans Zimmer - The Dark Knight Rises OST
                                Crippled Black Phoenix - (Mankind) The Crafty Ape
                                Between the Buried and Me - The Parallax II: Future Sequence
                                The Sword - Apocryphon
                                Old Man Gloom - No
                                Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
                                Torche - Harmonicraft
                                Black Breath - Sentenced to Life
                                Melvins - The Bulls & The Bees EP
                                Rush - Clockwork Angels
                                The Mars Volta - Noctourniquet

                                This year has been amazing for great albums.
                                Well said. And that's a solid list, plus several albums on it that I've been wanting to check out.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X