Father John Misty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father John Misty

I just discovered this guy the other day, and I haven't been able to stop listening to his work. It's amazing.

Here are a couple music videos to get you started if you haven't heard him yet... so damn good it hurts.

[YOUTUBE]iS84BMFszW0&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]KtOToiIDNRA&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

This is good.

I was thinking "hmm this reminds me of Fleet Foxes". Then I find out that it's the drummer from Fleet Foxes.

Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
      This is good.

I was thinking "hmm this reminds me of Fleet Foxes". Then I find out that it's the drummer from Fleet Foxes.

Very cool.
      I'm glad you like it. I've been trying to tell folks about this guy since I started getting into his stuff. It just seems like the type of music that everyone needs to know about.

Comment

Fear Fun is really clicking with me lately.

Wonderful album.

Comment

I actually got to see this guy live a couple weeks ago. Pretty good show. I have not listened to his album too much be need to.

Comment

Fear Fun is really clicking with me lately.

Wonderful album.
            It really is outstanding.

There's a sweet story behind it too. I read somewhere that he jumped in his van with enough mushrooms to choke a horse and was traveling the coastline writing a novel, but he ended up finding his voice as a story teller through songwriting and this album came out.

I'd like to thank those mushrooms and that trip for this fantastic album.

Comment

Ha, that's great.

I seriously can't stop listening to it.

This and Cult of Luna's Vertikal are both in constant rotation. Complete polar opposites, but that's the way I like it.

Comment

Ha, that's great.

I seriously can't stop listening to it.

This and Cult of Luna's Vertikal are both in constant rotation. Complete polar opposites, but that's the way I like it.
                Yeah it's been in my daily rotation too.

I need to check out more of Luna's shit, I just heard a track from the new album and absolutely loved it. I'll actually grab that one first, then move backwards.

Comment

[YOUTUBE]xBwxut2jcUU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]n6ubw2XzxsM[/YOUTUBE]

Genius at work here, people.

Those moves, the deadpan eyes, lyrics and that voice! I fucking love this man.

Oh, and this...

[YOUTUBE]LtR3DVkH0eY[/YOUTUBE]
                  Last edited by black coffee; 03-03-2013, 06:44 AM.

Comment

[YOUTUBE]TSskLj2JEjA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]umUW2bjns7c[/YOUTUBE]

So hilarious.

Blarf Splinblistle...

Comment

[YOUTUBE]n6ubw2XzxsM[/YOUTUBE]

Genius at work here, people.

Those moves, the deadpan eyes, lyrics and that voice! I fucking love this man.
                      Thanks for posting. That performance was the first exposure I had to him. I had been stuck in a hotel room for a whole day with no money and waiting for a ride (my car had broken down). Conan was on, but I wasn't paying much attention until I started hearing the music. That was the highlight of my day.

Comment

Working...
                      X