The Fitness Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are gonna think im nuts...I actually enjoyed that

Didnt quite keep up with them and dim some modified stuff in the later goings, but kept a good pace and didnt take long breaks or anything.

Very proud of myself right now.
    My Movies
    +21 BRONZE TRADER

Comment

• Originally posted by Ash Williams View Post
      Nice and sore this AM...Loving it tho...Soreness = this stuffs working
      Yes. Yes it is.

Originally posted by Ash Williams View Post
      You are gonna think im nuts...I actually enjoyed that

Didnt quite keep up with them and dim some modified stuff in the later goings, but kept a good pace and didnt take long breaks or anything.

Very proud of myself right now.
      That's outstanding, man. Seriously. Plyo is a bitch. I love it, but I'm miserable for the last 1/3. (right around the "Rock Star Hop" is where I fade.) I just started completing the thing without an add'l break or two around the 20-30 day mark...of round two.

I still cut the rep count though. I'll go like 75% speed for a set here and there. And if I'm really feeling fried, I'll work in some calf-raise deadlift squats in place of something punishing, so I'm still working.

Your next challenge will be Yoga X. If you've never done any yoga, its a cunt. My wife did bikram for a year before we started P90X and she was stunned at how advanced it is. Be prepared to fall into child's pose. A lot.

I actually replace Yoga with a rotating schedule of Core Syn, (feeling strong) Stretch X (need repair) or an extra rest day (toast) depending on how I feel. Plus, the extreme ass yoga they have you do can interfere with muscle growth. I would argue though, if you can stick it out...it might be the best total body workout in the entire program.
      And you can call your gang, your posse and the rest of your crew.
      And while you're at it get them addicts and the indigent too.
      I plan to have a whole army by the time that I'm through
      to load their guns with songs they haven't sung

Comment

• Originally posted by ArchVile99 View Post
        Yes. Yes it is.

That's outstanding, man. Seriously. Plyo is a bitch. I love it, but I'm miserable for the last 1/3. (right around the "Rock Star Hop" is where I fade.) I just started completing the thing without an add'l break or two around the 20-30 day mark...of round two.

I still cut the rep count though. I'll go like 75% speed for a set here and there. And if I'm really feeling fried, I'll work in some calf-raise deadlift squats in place of something punishing, so I'm still working.

Your next challenge will be Yoga X. If you've never done any yoga, its a cunt. My wife did bikram for a year before we started P90X and she was stunned at how advanced it is. Be prepared to fall into child's pose. A lot.

I actually replace Yoga with a rotating schedule of Core Syn, (feeling strong) Stretch X (need repair) or an extra rest day (toast) depending on how I feel. Plus, the extreme ass yoga they have you do can interfere with muscle growth. I would argue though, if you can stick it out...it might be the best total body workout in the entire program.
        Yea, arms and shoulders tonite....Yoga X tomorrow AM...Split said that the first half of yoga x is a bitch but the second half will make me feel like a million bucks.

Had a little issue today...got really light headed....Def need to eat more.

Ive lost like 12lbs by just eating better....Was still in that..eat less food/better for you food mindest...Had a lowfat yogurt for breakfast, half a banana, two cups of coffee, 1 bottle of water...than a minimal amount of pad thai, a granola bar, and another water for lunch...Got kinda light headed...drank 2 more bottles of water and took a 15 min nap...Felt better.

Grabbed a vitamin water and had a dry bagel for a snack in the afternoon....felt MUCH better after that....I have to get into a different mindset when it comes to food.

I only have the workouts...I dont have any of the books or meal plans.

Talked to a few people who have done this and learned alot about what I should eat...so I will change that up right away so I dont get light headed again.
        My Movies
        +21 BRONZE TRADER

Comment

• Awkward question: What is the best underwear/pants to wear to the gym so I don't have things falling out that shouldn't. (Not all the way out obviously)

Comment

• Definitely not boxers. You need something that will support you and stop your balls from moving about whilst on the treadmill/bike/etc as it could otherwise cause you damage (briefs are best).

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"

Comment

• [youtube]hFmTP1ZIuZw[/youtube]

inhale

exhale

Comment

• Originally posted by mmyersisgod View Post
                Awkward question: What is the best underwear/pants to wear to the gym so I don't have things falling out that shouldn't. (Not all the way out obviously)
                Underwear or briefs.

Having your junk flailing around when working out can cause a multitude of issues lol

Comment

Awkward question: What is the best underwear/pants to wear to the gym so I don't have things falling out that shouldn't. (Not all the way out obviously)
                  Boxer briefs FTW mmyers!

Comment

Yeah, like everyone else says wear jocks. You need something that will support your tackle so that you don't have any accidents be they the oops variety or something more serious.

Now going onto why I came to this thread

Have decided to focus more on getting healthy, lean and conditioned. Was working on some pure strength goals but had a scare on Friday that made me think about what is truly important to me and my future health wise.

Decided on building up my Pull-ups and work on Kettlebells alongside running and mobility drills.

I want to be lean and mean and really don't care about big biceps and man boobs any more

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimate High View Post
                      [youtube]hFmTP1ZIuZw[/youtube]
                      Crikey

Comment

• I'm down to 160, but still not there yet to my goal weight(which is SKINNY!!!). I still have a lot of belly fat. Thought of drinking black tea and green tea to lose weight, will this help at all? I've been drinking coffee cause I read that caffeine helps with losing weight.
                        Cinema Junkyard

Comment

• Originally posted by floyd2006 View Post
                          I'm down to 160, but still not there yet to my goal weight(which is SKINNY!!!). I still have a lot of belly fat. Thought of drinking black tea and green tea to lose weight, will this help at all? I've been drinking coffee cause I read that caffeine helps with losing weight.
                          Green tea boosts your metabolism and is a minor appetite suppressant so that is definitely a good choice. It's also packed full of anti-oxidants

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]RFPsvF3UOdo&feature=c4-overview&list=UUP8wqLAt5qYMmOwMB7-mvTQ[/YOUTUBE]

This dude is a freak

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitBreast View Post
                              [YOUTUBE]RFPsvF3UOdo&feature=c4-overview&list=UUP8wqLAt5qYMmOwMB7-mvTQ[/YOUTUBE]

This dude is a freak
                              That's insane strength. I've started working out again, just need to get my diet right as that's what I always struggle with. Looking at that dudes diet he has a pretty simple plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                                That's insane strength. I've started working out again, just need to get my diet right as that's what I always struggle with. Looking at that dudes diet he has a pretty simple plan.
                                Vegan isn't for me though. I love dead animal entirely too much.

I'm about 9 weeks into eating right again and 6 weeks into working out again. I got hurt at work. Had a bulging disc in my back and a partially torn rotator cuff so I went about 15 months with no exercise and I ate like a fat ass. Ballooned up to 235ish

Down to 205ish now.

Love P90X.

Got fat twice in my life and it's fixed it both times.

Comment

Working...
                                X