Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06-07-2012:

Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post

Group C: Spain and Italy, the Italians never convince with their game but generally have a strong defense and this has allowed them to go further than they should.

pretty close to what happened...

Comment

• I went to my first MLS soccer game last night and I'm hooked!!!! My team is Sporting Kansas City...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
        I went to my first MLS soccer game last night and I'm hooked!!!! My team is Sporting Kansas City...
        This is football, I hope that you and others will understand once and for all.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
          I went to my first MLS soccer game last night and I'm hooked!!!! My team is Sporting Kansas City...
          Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post
          This is football, I hope that you and others will understand once and for all.
          [YOUTUBE]AbAIbYqrn_4[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post

I guess I'm confused as to what this thread is about... So I should say Sporting KC play Football instead of soccer??

Comment

I agree with what that (obviously Mancunian) actor is saying but fuck me if that's not the most unconvincing cockney accent since Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins!
              "Oim the facking top boy, Oi ran the facking firm at west haaaahm you facking slaaahgs"!
              "Oim forevah blaaawing babbles"

Comment

• The brilliant Crystal Palace striker Wilfried Zaha has been called up to England for the Sweden friendly. I coundn't be prouder.

Comment

The brilliant Crystal Palace striker Wilfried Zaha has been called up to England for the Sweden friendly. I coundn't be prouder.
                  I hope you aren't a Palace fan cause I'm a Wednesday fan lol

The call up stops him being eligible to play for Ivory Coast, we should do the same with Raheem Sterling. There's some talented young players breaking into the england squad, hopefully we have a good future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                    I hope you aren't a Palace fan cause I'm a Wednesday fan lol
                    Yeah I am. Cough! 2 -1.

The call up stops him being eligible to play for Ivory Coast, we should do the same with Raheem Sterling. There's some talented young players breaking into the england squad, hopefully we have a good future.
                    Unfortunately, because it's just a friendly it doesn't. Saha still has to make a decision. Apparently, Drogba is trying to persuade him to play for Ivory Coast.

Comment

Yeah I am. Cough! 2 -1.
                      I was there when we got relegated, it was agonizing . In hindsight going down meant we finally got taken over (after 15 years of terrible ownership) and we've been moving forward ever since. I hold no grudges I like Holloway as well and you're flying at the moment so good luck.

Originally posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
                      Unfortunately, because it's just a friendly it doesn't. Saha still has to make a decision. Apparently, Drogba is trying to persuade him to play for Ivory Coast.
                      Oh right, of course. I think been included in England plans will go along way to persuading him though.

Comment

• But "Zaha" is Ivorian. The truth is I don't understand what's the point of owning a players in a national team, if they are foreigners. You lose the sense of a national team. It would be a bit ridiculous, know that one of the best players in a particular country, not even born there.

Many Argentine players have worn the shirt of other countries: Alfredo Di Stefano, Mauro Camoranesi (even was champion with Italy). I hate them all.

I remember when the Spanish usurpers tried to take from us to Messi. Luckily all our players are born on this land.

Comment

• Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post
                          But "Zaha" is Ivorian. The truth is I don't understand what's the point of owning a players in a national team, if they are foreigners. You lose the sense of a national team. It would be a bit ridiculous, know that one of the best players in a particular country, not even born there.

Many Argentine players have worn the shirt of other countries: Alfredo Di Stefano, Mauro Camoranesi (even was champion with Italy). I hate them all.

I remember when the Spanish usurpers tried to take from us to Messi. Luckily all our players are born on this land.
                          I mostly agree with you but I think there are exceptions. Zaha moved here as an infant so England is probably all he knows and can remember. Same goes for Raheem Sterling who moved here as an infant and I think has an english father so the issue isnt black and white.

I was surprised to find out Bradley Wiggins who won all the gold medals and tour de france was born in Belgium.

Comment

• Would love to get this thread kick started again. Any current users Football fans?

Comment

Working...
                            X