Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zaglewiz View Post
    You aren't kidding! I've wanted this match since the night The Rock won the title. Plus one of my other dream matches would be Micheals vs Sting.
    Is it true Sting was tag partners with Warrior at one point?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
      Is it true Sting was tag partners with Warrior at one point?
      Yep. According to the "Rise and Fall of The Ultimate Warrior"(great doc by the way), they basically broke into the business together. I always wondered the same thing when I was younger, 'cause their makeup jobs were so similar.

Has Shawn vs The Rock ever happened? I'd imagine they met a couple of times in the Attitude era, but I really can't remember one single match. That would be a good idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
        Has Shawn vs The Rock ever happened? I'd imagine they met a couple of times in the Attitude era, but I really can't remember one single match. That would be a good idea.
        As far as i know The Rock Vs, HBK has never happened. Largely in part because Shawn had his big back injury in 98, just when the Rock was about to explode in popularity in the WWE. Shawn did butt heads with the Rock, but only in his stint as commisioner durring the Attitude era. By the time Shawn returned to actual Wrestling in 2002, the Rock really wasn't in the forefront of the WWE... thus the match never happened. I also heard that Rocky and Shawn, never got along that well. I'm sure it's a different story now, seeing as Shawn is now a born-again Christian and is easier to deal with.

Comment

I havn't been keeping up too well with wrestling as of late. Does anyone know if Shawn Michaels will have an involvment (if any) in HHH Vs. Undertaker's Hell In The Cell match???
          Originally posted by Heretic View Post
          Rumour has it, he wll be the guest ref.

Either way, he's coming back. I don't know why he retired in the first place. He can still go. It's not like he's Ric Flair, or anything. Hell, I think Micheals got better with age.
          If he is guest ref I think he'll end up fucking over HHH and start a last little feud with him. Some of my favorite matches were with Shawn/HHH.

Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
          As far as i know The Rock Vs, HBK has never happened. Largely in part because Shawn had his big back injury in 98, just when the Rock was about to explode in popularity in the WWE. Shawn did butt heads with the Rock, but only in his stint as commisioner durring the Attitude era. By the time Shawn returned to actual Wrestling in 2002, the Rock really wasn't in the forefront of the WWE... thus the match never happened. I also heard that Rocky and Shawn, never got along that well. I'm sure it's a different story now, seeing as Shawn is now a born-again Christian and is easier to deal with.
          Yeah, Shawn wasn't the easiest to work with back in the 90's. He was a total asshole back then.

He's still my favorite though. I was really depressed when he retired.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
            If he is guest ref I think he'll end up fucking over HHH and start a last little feud with him. Some of my favorite matches were with Shawn/HHH.

Yeah, Shawn wasn't the easiest to work with back in the 90's. He was a total asshole back then.

He's still my favorite though. I was really depressed when he retired.
            The fact that he retired just went to show me my age, as the man's had a 25 year career! THAT depressed me...

Comment

The fact that he retired just went to show me my age, as the man's had a 25 year career! THAT depressed me...
              Yeah, that's true and when he was around I never really appreciated him when he was here. Yeah, I knew what he did and how great he was but I took him for granted. I had this idea that he was going to stick around forever.

Comment

Yeah, that's true and when he was around I never really appreciated him when he was here. Yeah, I knew what he did and how great he was but I took him for granted. I had this idea that he was going to stick around forever.
                I feel exactly the same.

Comment

For the most part, he has stuck around forever. I can remember when he first "lost his smile", AKA "Back surgery", and was crying that he had to leave the WWE. This was WAY back in the Sid Justice days.

He is medical miracle. He just doesn't give a fuck, and needs to wrestle. It's what he does. I really hope in the future, that Edge has the same mentality. Although, in all fairness to Edge, I really don't know how extensive Edge's injuries are. It might be impossible, but I can hope.

Comment

I feel exactly the same.
                    Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                    For the most part, he has stuck around forever. I can remember when he first "lost his smile", AKA "Back surgery", and was crying that he had to leave the WWE. This was WAY back in the Sid Justice days.

He is medical miracle. He just doesn't give a fuck, and needs to wrestle. It's what he does. I really hope in the future, that Edge has the same mentality. Although, in all fairness to Edge, I really don't know how extensive Edge's injuries are. It might be impossible, but I can hope.
                    I hope Edge returns. I don't know how bad his injuries are, but I really doubt that he'll never return.

Comment

• Edge's career is over. One bad bump and the guy could be crippled. I love Edge, but I wouldn't want him to endanger his health just for my entertainment. I'd like to see him in a GM role or something though.

On Shawn Michaels, no doubt he CAN still go, but that doesn't mean he should. He could probably stay another 10 years if he really wanted to, but he knows when it's time to hang it up and let the new guys step up and get their chance unlike OTHER wrestlers coughFLAIRcough

And concerning HBK vs Rock, it'd be great but I don't think it'll happen. I've heard Shawn treated Rock like shit back when Rock first got to the company as "Rocky Maivia", and legit doesn't like the guy at all.
                      Last edited by Nightmare; 03-05-2012, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• See what happens when Cena is allowed to do his thing. He's great. Two weeks, and he's managed to sway the crowd to his side.

The Rock is doing a great job at making Cena look good as well. I'm sure we'll get an epic response from The Rock eventually, but I like how he's acting like he's tongue tied, and getting out dueled on the mic. He's giving Cena a lot of great material to pick at.

I like what they're doing with this angle so far.

Comment

See what happens when Cena is allowed to do his thing. He's great. Two weeks, and he's managed to sway the crowd to his side.

The Rock is doing a great job at making Cena look good as well. I'm sure we'll get an epic response from The Rock eventually, but I like how he's acting like he's tongue tied, and getting out dueled on the mic. He's giving Cena a lot of great material to pick at.

I like what they're doing with this angle so far.
                          The video with Cena in the arena before the show made me want to throw up.

Good thing he made up for it later, but that was bad.

Comment

Love the avatar

Comment

• Hate......embraced.

I like old-school Cena.

I'd be a little confused as a parent though. What is this show rated again? "Nuts", "balls", "bitch" and "shit" are all fair game, but no blood? Alrighty.

I really hope this is a turning point in the product. Enough of this kids shit.

Comment

• My favorite moment of WWE is when The Muppets appeared. What can I say, I'm a Muppet fan. Check out this clip of Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy with Vickie Guerrero, Jack Swagger, and Santino Merella.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVXm5cF80BQ

Comment

Working...
                                X