[YOUTUBE]YzC3ovuHLLI[/YOUTUBE]
    Nice to see him being a human lol

They should let him cut a promo.

Comment

• I tuned in late. What did I miss?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vomited Soul View Post
        I tuned in late. What did I miss?
        Not a hell of a lot. I'm on a delay, but so far....

Miz quit Team Punk, and Barrett is taking his place.

Brad Maddox(the crooked ref), just wanted to make an impact when he low-blowed Ryback, and will be wrestling Ryback next week for a WWE contract.

Cena/AJ nonsense. Seriously, who gives a fuck?

Sheamus/Miz had a pretty good match.

Now I'm watching a Divas tag match.

The crowd is pretty awesome though. Really into just about everything.

Comment

• Sounds like a decent show.

Though I still can't believe they're ripping off Claire Lynch of all storylines. Like it wasn't bad enough the first time.

Comment

• Democrat Chris Murphy will defeat Linda McMahon in the Connecticut Senate race, the Associated Press projects.
            Will she finally give up?

Comment

• I maintain that people complain way too much about the TV-PG thing. It doesn't speak well for people that after the company tries to make compromise after compromise, it's still never good enough. Yeah, the 2009/2010 years were bad and I've been against keeping Hell in a Cell around from day one (Undertaker vs Edge should've been the last one), but people act like it's still 2009 when they've obviously lightened up since then.

Seriously, there's a such a thing as making a mountain out of a molehill. This is it.

Comment

• It's not the PG rating that bothers me it's the bad writing. You can have entertaining wrestling in a PG format that pushes some boundaries. WWE has made their product way too kid friendly when they started stopping matches because of blood and took away the wrestler's ability to improvise. A good chunk of wrestling fans enjoy the product a little bit more edgy. Doesn't mean they have to go balls out but would be nice to see them bring better wrestling back to tv. They need to stop limiting the talent in-ring also. It's alright to ban a move that is too dangerous but when they get rid of moves so it doesn't show up the main event talent you have problems.

I think WWE has it in the back of their mind for a more edgy product if Linda lost as they have some darker gimmicks floating around in Bray Wyatt, The Ascension, Luke Harper, Kassius Ohno, and others in FCW. Something is certain.....the WWE needs to do something as their product is boring and stale at the moment (and has been for many many many years now).

Comment

• Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
                  It's not the PG rating that bothers me it's the bad writing. You can have entertaining wrestling in a PG format that pushes some boundaries. WWE has made their product way too kid friendly when they started stopping matches because of blood and took away the wrestler's ability to improvise. A good chunk of wrestling fans enjoy the product a little bit more edgy. Doesn't mean they have to go balls out but would be nice to see them bring better wrestling back to tv. They need to stop limiting the talent in-ring also. It's alright to ban a move that is too dangerous but when they get rid of moves so it doesn't show up the main event talent you have problems.
                  I've never understood that old-school mentality, that says you can't show up the main event. The audience just wants exciting wrestling no matter who is in the ring. Even back in the Attitude era, when some ECW talent would get tryouts, some ended up being blacklisted, because they would be throwing each other through tables during dark matches.

It doesn't even make any sense. Hogan was the biggest star in the company, with a moveset that was impossible not to show up. Then you have other stars, like the Hardys, who would've gone absolutely nowhere, if they were limited to "traditional" wrestling.

I think WWE has it in the back of their mind for a more edgy product if Linda lost as they have some darker gimmicks floating around in Bray Wyatt, The Ascension, Luke Harper, Kassius Ohno, and others in FCW. Something is certain.....the WWE needs to do something as their product is boring and stale at the moment (and has been for many many many years now).
                  The writers have to go. These past two weeks have proven how sketchy any sort of storyline is, in the hands of these fucking baffoons. They promote a SS main event, with a storyline that has some relevance, with Foley and Punk. Then they just change it to Ziggler/Foley, with no explanation whatsoever. Why would Ziggler feud with Foley? It makes no goddamn sense.

You watch, now they're going to work on getting Foley out of that match, and make him a special guest referee for the triple threat, and what was once the main event at SS, will just be another match. There's better promotional work being done in Roller Derby. It's pathetic.

Comment

It's not the PG rating that bothers me it's the bad writing. You can have entertaining wrestling in a PG format that pushes some boundaries. WWE has made their product way too kid friendly when they started stopping matches because of blood and took away the wrestler's ability to improvise. A good chunk of wrestling fans enjoy the product a little bit more edgy. Doesn't mean they have to go balls out but would be nice to see them bring better wrestling back to tv. They need to stop limiting the talent in-ring also. It's alright to ban a move that is too dangerous but when they get rid of moves so it doesn't show up the main event talent you have problems.

I agree with the bad writing, but they quit the doing the match stoppage thing a while ago. And I like the focus on ring psychology, because it means we don't get bullshit like that Davey Richards/Eddie Edwards superplex spot. That's not my idea of better wrestling. Wrestling should be storytelling, not a platform for somebody to show off.

Comment

• I love wrestling and I get so angry at how much is wrong in WWE today.

The writing is definitely bad and completely lacks logic and continuity. Are there 2 brands? If so why do they turn up on different shows? Why does a smackdown wrestler fight for a raw title? Why is he randomly no.1 contender?

Feuds don't get settled properly or are ignored. World titles are of diminished value now and prematurely given to guys like Swagger. The belt hurts the title and their career. (Punk has had a good reign but should have been focus above Cena as the champ should be).

The booking is always quick-fix for ratings which harms the product in the long run. People probably stop watching because if you miss a few shows you've probably missed the hiring and firing of 3 general managers and other nonsense (why was AJ qualified for the job???).

Although you can have a good product with PG, I think they are doing a poor job and are out of touch. If they are targeting a young demographic, that demographic is playing bloody online games and watching sexed up music videos. Hearing a wrestler say "I'll kick your butt" is laughable.

I don't think anyone can say they understand the backstage workings of WWE but something needs to change in creative. (hasn't Stephanie been head of creative during this downfall?)

I could go on and on complaining but I'll stop . I do see green shoots of recovery such as Punks title reign and more focus on the tag division. Personally I find the quality of matches and talent pretty good and as someone mentioned the talent in FCW is phenomenal, I can't wait for Bray Wyatt, Dean Ambrose, etc. Hopefully Linda losing the campaign will clear some hindering factors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                        I've never understood that old-school mentality, that says you can't show up the main event. The audience just wants exciting wrestling no matter who is in the ring. Even back in the Attitude era, when some ECW talent would get tryouts, some ended up being blacklisted, because they would be throwing each other through tables during dark matches.

It doesn't even make any sense. Hogan was the biggest star in the company, with a moveset that was impossible not to show up. Then you have other stars, like the Hardys, who would've gone absolutely nowhere, if they were limited to "traditional" wrestling.
                        One thing WCW had going was opening shows with high flying cruiserweight action. Got the crowd into it and was cool to see some crazy moves before the rest of the card that would have more ring psychology. Got the crowds pumped and hot for the start of things. It's beyond stupid that WWE limits movesets.

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                        The writers have to go. These past two weeks have proven how sketchy any sort of storyline is, in the hands of these fucking baffoons. They promote a SS main event, with a storyline that has some relevance, with Foley and Punk. Then they just change it to Ziggler/Foley, with no explanation whatsoever. Why would Ziggler feud with Foley? It makes no goddamn sense.

You watch, now they're going to work on getting Foley out of that match, and make him a special guest referee for the triple threat, and what was once the main event at SS, will just be another match. There's better promotional work being done in Roller Derby. It's pathetic.
                        It sounds like they are changing things at the last minute or re-writing full shows the day before. Scary way to book your product. That SS match has gone through many changes already and leaves me shaking my head. Plus Vicky going after AJ makes no sense as she had an affair with Edge......they could at least make a small effort to remember storylines and not insult the audience's intelligence.

Originally posted by Vomited Soul View Post
                        I agree with the bad writing, but they quit the doing the match stoppage thing a while ago. And I like the focus on ring psychology, because it means we don't get bullshit like that Davey Richards/Eddie Edwards superplex spot. That's not my idea of better wrestling. Wrestling should be storytelling, not a platform for somebody to show off.
                        The fact that they started the blood stoppages signaled they went bat shit crazy into super PG mode. Doesn't really matter if they have stopped it that's not really the point here.

I'm also not advocating spot fests with allowing wrestlers more freedom in the ring. But if Daniel Bryan wants to break out a Japanese Ocean Cyclone suplex he should be allowed if his opponent is alright with it.

Comment

The fact that they started the blood stoppages signaled they went bat shit crazy into super PG mode. Doesn't really matter if they have stopped it that's not really the point here.

I'm also not advocating spot fests with allowing wrestlers more freedom in the ring. But if Daniel Bryan wants to break out a Japanese Ocean Cyclone suplex he should be allowed if his opponent is alright with it.
                          I never disputed that they went too far, but the fact is, they stopped. That shows they at least realized how big a fuck-up the match stoppages were. I don't see the point of bringing it up like it's still happening.

And I guess it's just a matter of preference. People should be allowed to go all-out when a title is on the line, but it's really not necessary for Punk to bust out a Pepsi Plunge on a random Raw match. Throwing that stuff out all the time diminishes the impact.

Comment

• There's really only been two or three incidents of blood being allowed so we are not that far off from that period. One of those incidents included Rhodes on Smackdown where they could, and did, censor the match to show minimal effects from the cut in the back of his head. We need another head busting incident to see where they stand.

Comment

There's really only been two or three incidents of blood being allowed so we are not that far off from that period. One of those incidents included Rhodes on Smackdown where they could, and did, censor the match to show minimal effects from the cut in the back of his head. We need another head busting incident to see where they stand.
                              Lesnar/Cena was stopped. It was a half-assed stoppage, and Cena still bled plenty afterwords, but still.

Comment

• WWE NXT is awesome .. Lots of ROH talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X