Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
    Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever see another WCW.
    What about Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling?

I haven't properly watched it but I've heard NXT is awesome. Be nice to have an alternate company that new how to book a show, TNA have never been able to do this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post

I haven't properly watched it but I've heard NXT is awesome. Be nice to have an alternate company that new how to book a show, TNA have never been able to do this.
      I haven't watched enough to really gauge their booking and storylines(even though it's still WWE), but from what I've seen it's pretty good. It's just like an indie org, with the main focus being put on wrestling, and having long matches that showcase what the talent can do in the ring. Even the Divas matches are pretty good.

Comment

I could promote "an evening with Blakelock" and draw more than 74 people
        You should, I have plenty of funny and tragic stories to go around.

Originally posted by lightzonlycast View Post
        ROH needs to secure a tv deal.
        They have one, it's just on local stations depending on your area. They have showcased a good amount of matches, but everything is taped way in advance, so if you keep up with the promotion on the net and watch their iPPVs, the TV is just too far behind. Still, there's been plenty of good matches shown on TV.

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post

I disagree with this. Between 2005-2007, they were far and away better then WWE. Samoa Joe's undefeated streak, new guys showing up constantly, Team Canada, the X-Cup, great tag team wrestling. Not everything was perfect, but they had a lot going good for a while there.

Comment

• I still watch TNA every week, which is more than I can say about a Bryanless wwe.

I got out of it once they started doing the whole old vs new shit with the Main Event Mafia and Fortune. There are a lot of dudes in TNA that I really liked back in my indy loving days: Joe, the American Wolves, Austin Aries. Aries becoming the champ was what dragged me back in.

TNA isn't really that bad in terms of what they are able to produce match wise, but when their story lines and new stars crash and burn it's really ugly. At least TNA can produce a women's division that is quasi entertaining.

One thing I really miss is tag team wrestling. I listened to a Stone Cold interview not too long ago where he lamented the WWE pulling the plug on his team with Brian Pillman. Tag team wrestling can be fucking awesome when done right, just either of these big two can get it going. TNA had it going for a while with Bad Influence, Aries and Roode, etc but they blew it too. How long has it been in the WWE (with the exception of the Shield) that anyone has given two shits about tag team. Fuck the Usos. I said it.

Originally posted by Blakelock View Post
          They have one, it's just on local stations depending on your area. They have showcased a good amount of matches, but everything is taped way in advance, so if you keep up with the promotion on the net and watch their iPPVs, the TV is just too far behind. Still, there's been plenty of good matches shown on TV.
          I keep wanting to go to a live event but none of my buddies want to go, and I sure as fuck am not going to a wrestling show alone.

I went a handfull of years ago back when Bryan was the champ, saw him wrestle Lance Storm for close to an hour. It was awesome. It was right around when they first started doing he CZW invasion stuff with Chris Hero. I remember because he ran in through the crowd and accidentally hit a chick in the audience with a chair when he was throwing them around at ringside. That night there was also a chair parade, which was fucking nuts.
          Last edited by lightzonlycast; 06-20-2014, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lightzonlycast View Post
            I went a handfull of years ago back when Bryan was the champ, saw him wrestle Lance Storm for close to an hour. It was awesome. It was right around when they first started doing he CZW invasion stuff with Chris Hero. I remember because he ran in through the crowd and accidentally hit a chick in the audience with a chair when he was throwing them around at ringside. That night there was also a chair parade, which was fucking nuts.
            ROH is easily the best wrestling show I've ever seen live. TNA is a close second, but that was due to the time period and who they had in the company at the time. Plus they sign autographs afterwards and shoot the shit with fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakelock View Post
              I disagree with this. Between 2005-2007, they were far and away better then WWE. Samoa Joe's undefeated streak, new guys showing up constantly, Team Canada, the X-Cup, great tag team wrestling. Not everything was perfect, but they had a lot going good for a while there.
              At the end of the day though they have been around for over a decade and failed to create a single star which is awful. Samoa Joe could have been one, he was drawing interest but then they dropped the ball and ruined him.

TNA wouldn't be at deaths door if they created some stars that could turn heads. Instead they rely on oldies and rejects and it has failed.

WWE struggles at times but they manage to create stars and have many in the pipeline.

I still watch TNA every week, which is more than I can say about a Bryanless wwe.
              The last few weeks of TNA have been regarded by many as the worst shows in history.

[YOUTUBE]46peV7OmnpU[/YOUTUBE]

I went a handfull of years ago back when Bryan was the champ, saw him wrestle Lance Storm for close to an hour.
              That sounds amazing.

Comment

• Word on the street is CM Punk already knocked up AJ Lee.

Good for him.

Comment

• Lucky cunt

You guys are super lame for not watching NXT. Don't keep up with ROH or any of the indie shit but this is easily my favorite wrestling show right now. Y'all should peep either Takeover or Ascension as they're both great shows.

Haven't been able to sit through a full Raw in a while now but NXT is always a good watch.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                  I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Seth Rollins has a new look. He's wearing all black..........spandex. Ugh.

This Rollins/Ambrose feud has some potential though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakelock View Post
                      Word on the street is CM Punk already knocked up AJ Lee.
                      I'm gonna be selfish and say I'm disappointed that she'll be gone for a year. Hell, she could be gone much longer or even permanently.... Shame because she was on fire for a while and is easily the best character in a severely lacking divas division.

All the best to them though.

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                      You guys are super lame for not watching NXT. Don't keep up with ROH or any of the indie shit but this is easily my favorite wrestling show right now. Y'all should peep either Takeover or Ascension as they're both great shows.
                      I'll try and watch an event.

Comment

I'm gonna be selfish and say I'm disappointed that she'll be gone for a year. Hell, she could be gone much longer or even permanently.... Shame because she was on fire for a while and is easily the best character in a severely lacking divas division.

All the best to them though.
                        She might even be gone longer than that. Combined with Punk, they've got vast amounts of "fuck you" money. Why work, when you can chill in a sweet condo in Chicago and raise some kids?

I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw them again.

Comment

• The wife beater and jeans work well for Ambrose.

I guess this is the "Yes, The Shield is no more" edition of Smackdown.

I'm guessing Roman will get to keep the cool "SWAT" uniform.

Comment

• Rollins looks like he belongs in one of Schumacher's Batman films

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                            I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Today I've finally caught up with WWE, I'm late to the discussion but random thoughts;

- I like how they've broken up The Shield, they went out with a huge win and they all look strong. I think turning Seth was smart as he needed it the most. I just hope they have long term plans for all 3.

- I feel sorry for Cody Rhodes, they constantly throw shit at the wall and see what sticks with him. Stardust will flop unless it's a short term story.

- Seeing Sandow as a comedic jobber gives me ball ache, its madness. He's great on the mic, great in the ring, gets over, so why punish him? The fact he can make a basketball segment with Big Show entertaining proves his talent .

- Props to Alicia Fox, she's maximized her minutes and got peoples attention with her mad bitch schtick.

- I like Paige but she has yet to impress me. Forgettable reign so far.

Edit: Thinking more about the Shield maybe they should have stayed together longer as they still had a lot of life left. I also worry about Reigns not having people to protect him as singles wise he has been lackluster. Some more seasoning could have greatly helped him. Story wise though I think the break up is interesting.
                              Last edited by Midnight-Kroovy; 06-21-2014, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• From NoDQ.com:

Apparently John Cena is in line to win the WWE World Heavyweight Title at next Sunday's Money In the Bank pay-per-view.

It was previously reported that word from within WWE was that a heel would be leaving Money In the Bank with the title. During Monday's RAW, it appeared they may be grooming Roman Reigns for the title as they had him work his way into the match but that may not be the case as it's likely too soon for Reigns to have a title run.

Comment

Working...
                                X