Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
    Jericho being champ accomplishes literally nothing
    Accomplishes boring ass Cena not being champ. That is enough for me. Also would add some juice to the Wyatt feud.

Cena vs Lesnar again zzzzz.

Comment

• Originally posted by lightzonlycast View Post
      Accomplishes boring ass Cena not being champ. That is enough for me. Also would add some juice to the Wyatt feud.
      Nah, Jericho is just as played out as Cena. I like what he does now. Just comes back and puts new talent over. Fine with me.

Their first match was outstanding. I'm all for a rematch, as long as Lesnar wins. It only makes sense, considering Lesnar is now the streak breaker. He's the super villain that will probably put Reigns over, which is appropriate if they want Reigns to be the next big thing. A face/face match with Cena wouldn't work as well.

Comment

Either way, I'm not watching

Just wanted to point out how underrated these spots are. Not as sick as Edge doing them to Matt Hardy back in the day but I'll take 'em how I can get 'em.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Just wanted to point out how underrated these spots are. Not as sick as Edge doing them to Matt Hardy back in the day but I'll take 'em how I can get 'em.
          The one he did on Rusev at MitB was sweet.

I've been reading about the toughest wrestler in the world.... HAKU

Here are a couple of stories about Haku/Meng

Kevin Sullivan Interview
          According to Kevin Sullivan, it was obvious that he and Meng weren't locals, so when they walked into the bar, a guy playing pool called Meng a horrible, derogatory word.

"The next thing I know is that Meng goozles the guy like Mr. Spock," Sullivan said. "He then grabbed another guy who tried to get involved and knocked him unconscious."

After that, things got even crazier. "Meng bit through the guy's shirt like a wolf, bit a chunk out of the guy's back, then spit it on the floor," he said. "I said, 'It's time to go.' "

James Guttman interview:
          "Yeah. It was in Baltimore Airport. There was a hotel there. We were staying at another hotel - the Marriot or something. There was another hotel there, though. It was hopping at the time. The music was playing and it was packed. It was during the week I believe. Me and Siva Afi went over and there were lots of babyfaces there at the bar. So we went and sat in the other corner away from them. When they were ready to close, we had a few drinks, and on our way out there were five guys just sitting there. Of course, the same thing came out. The "fake" stuff. "Hey, are you guys with those guys - wrestlers? The fake wrestlers on TV?" You know. I said, "Yeah. I'll show you." And I reached over without thinking - there are four other guys there (laughs) - grabbed his face, and bit his nose off. Then the fight started. Me and Siva kind of cleaned house there and left. I'll never forget it (laughs)."

Ted DiBiase Interview:
          The Million Dollar Man said that one time they were in a rough part of St. Louis for a show. Everyone had been drinking and a large fight broke out, which resulted in the police showing up. Meng had a few drinks, but saw the fight break out so he started trying to break it up. In the process, police thought he was part of the fight and maced him then handcuffed him. He said that Meng was cuffed behind his back, looked at the police, and snapped the handcuffs.

Bobby Heenan Interview:
          In a shoot interview, Heenan talked extensively about Meng and referred to him as the toughest man (not just wrestler) he's ever met in his life. The craziest story he shared was in regards to a bar fight where he claimed Meng "took his two fingers on his right hand, his index finger and trigger finger, and he reached into the guy's mouth and he broke off the guy's bottom teeth." After all the other stories that have been confirmed, it doesn't seem that unbelievable at all. Heenan was also close friends with Andre the Giant and claimed that the only two men in the word that Andre feared were Meng and Harley Race.

Rick Steiner Interview:
          Steiner talked about the time Meng fought off eight police officers. "They shot him with mace and he closed his eyes and sucked it in. He just opened his mouth and took a deep breath. I mean some of the stuff he did was like, 'What the hell?' Scotty and I always thought we were tough guys but that was before we met Meng."

Arn Anderson Interview:
          In his biography, "Arn Anderson: 4 Ever" Anderson claims that there are three types of men in the world. There are tough men, there are wrestler-tough men, and then there's Meng. He was in a completely different category than anyone else on the planet. Anderson recalls one instance where a large cowboy was arguing with Meng and he pushed the cowboy through two different sets of doors using only one hand.

Jesse Barr

On a trip to Puerto Rico, Meng was walking with fellow wrestler Jesse Barr when Barr decided to kick dirt onto a man who was digging ditches. Meng was upset by it and told Barr he shouldn't have done it. Barr decided to get in Meng's face and argue with him, which turned out to be a bad idea. Meng grabbed him and popped his eyeball out of socket. Some wrestlers claimed he completely tore it out, but Meng said that wasn't true. Barr ended up getting fired for the incident.

Kevin Sullivan
          Sullivan was a booker in WCW, he asked Meng to do something that wasn't major, but it wasn't completely the right thing to do. He said that Meng got a little upset and it was most scared he's ever been in his entire life, despite Meng not being that angry.

Sullivan also used Meng to his advantage. Sullivan had to inform a few guys that they would be losing an upcoming match. They wrestlers became upset and told Sullivan they refused to do the job. Sullivan told them that, instead of arguing, he would just go get Meng and have him take care of the situation. They guys immediately agreed to lose their matches if he promised not to go get Meng.

Jake Roberts

Jake "The Snake" may have said it best during one of his shoot interviews: "If I had a gun and was sitting inside a tank with one shell left and Meng is 300 yards away, he's mine, right? Well the first thing I'm going to do is jump out of the tank and shoot myself because I don't want to wound that son of a bitch and have him pissed off at me."

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
            Their first match was outstanding. I'm all for a rematch, as long as Lesnar wins.
            That match must have played out way differently on tv than it did live, because I was there live (at Extreme Rules) and a good amount of people were chanting (my group included) that the match was boring. It really was boring as fuck live.

Originally posted by Se7en View Post

Samoa Joe does this like every match, but TNA still sucks though

They've been doing some cool ones with Zima Ion lately launching him over the top rope onto dudes but I couldn't find any gifs.

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post

Meng was the man, a legit bad ass! I used to give my brother his signature throat grab submission and call it "the Meng" back when we used to play wrestle. Good times.

Comment

I miss the old Samoa Joe, when he was a fat badass that could fly around the ring and would just beat the fuck out of AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels.

Comment

• Remember when Samoa Joe was pretty over, and the WWE created Umaga to counter?

Umaga is literally dead now, and Samoa Joe is completely irrelevent. My, how time flies......

Comment

That match must have played out way differently on tv than it did live, because I was there live (at Extreme Rules) and a good amount of people were chanting (my group included) that the match was boring. It really was boring as fuck live.
                  One of the matches of the year IMO. You should watch it back.

Originally posted by lightzonlycast View Post

They've been doing some cool ones with Zima Ion lately launching him over the top rope onto dudes but I couldn't find any gifs.

I was talking about the spear through the ropes with the guy on the apron, not your typical suicide dive.

Originally posted by Blakelock View Post
                  I miss the old Samoa Joe, when he was a fat badass that could fly around the ring and would just beat the fuck out of AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels.
                  Their triple threat at Unbreakable is one of my favorite matches!

Comment

They had quite a few great matches, either triple threats or one on ones. I love how brutal Joe was, and Daniels and Styles doing everything they could to try and stop him to no avail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakelock View Post
                      They had quite a few great matches, either triple threats or one on ones. I love how brutal Joe was, and Daniels and Styles doing everything they could to try and stop him to no avail.
                      They were quite the talents! TNA couldn't be touched from 04-06

Pains me to see how far they have fallen

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakelock View Post
                        He is still pretty agile, but I think he's kind of toned it down and saves it for the bigger spots.

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                        Remember when Samoa Joe was pretty over, and the WWE created Umaga to counter?

Umaga is literally dead now, and Samoa Joe is completely irrelevent. My, how time flies......
                        I always thought Umaga was a dopey ass character, even though I knew what they were going for. I thought that dude was boring as fuck.

One of the matches of the year IMO. You should watch it back.

I have the stupid WWE network for another 3 months, I'll watch it later and I'll report back. Live it was literally unbearable lol.

Yeah those matches they had during Joe's undefeated run were untouchable. Also Joe vs. Angle and then Joe vs. Kenta too.

They were quite the talents! TNA couldn't be touched from 04-06

Pains me to see how far they have fallen
                        They can get it back, they have solid talent still, just need to work out these stupid angles that are going no where.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post

Jesse Barr

On a trip to Puerto Rico, Meng was walking with fellow wrestler Jesse Barr when Barr decided to kick dirt onto a man who was digging ditches. Meng was upset by it and told Barr he shouldn't have done it. Barr decided to get in Meng's face and argue with him, which turned out to be a bad idea. Meng grabbed him and popped his eyeball out of socket. Some wrestlers claimed he completely tore it out, but Meng said that wasn't true. Barr ended up getting fired for the incident.
                          Yeah, I remember hearing about that particular incident on a shoot interview I watched months back, but yeah, it's a universal opinion with the boys that Haku/Meng is one guy you definitely wouldn't want to pick a fight with. I know on the shoots/Timelines I've seen, Haku/Meng destroying "_______" are regularly asked about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Godzilla View Post
                            Yeah, I remember hearing about that particular incident on a shoot interview I watched months back, but yeah, it's a universal opinion with the boys that Haku/Meng is one guy you definitely wouldn't want to pick a fight with. I know on the shoots/Timelines I've seen, Haku/Meng destroying "_______" are regularly asked about.
                            I just realized that Camacho is Haku's son .

When you bite someone's nose off you are definitely one dude not worth fighting .

I'm going to go to a Wrestling convention Haku is attending and slap him across the face just to see what happens.

Comment

• Posting the prank vids in the F13 thread made me remember this gem:

[YOUTUBE]p7Q4EVpIFIk[/YOUTUBE]

He sure did shock the world! Fucking Sid in this video is the epitome of kayfabe in this.
                              Last edited by lightzonlycast; 07-07-2014, 06:33 AM.

Comment

• Shockmaster was hilarious and I have no idea how Vicious kept a straight face. He came up to Dusty Rhodes after the tapings and said "I fucked this up, didn't I?'

Comment

Working...
                                X