Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lightzonlycast View Post
    I have the stupid WWE network for another 3 months, I'll watch it later and I'll report back. Live it was literally unbearable lol.
    It might not hold up, but when it happened it was great. The opening moments of that match were insane, and had me wondering if Lesnar just went nuts, and decided to beat the shit out of Cena. Those elbows were crazy. The whole match just had a very real stiffness to it all, and it was a breath of fresh air. It actually seemed like a real hardcore match, and not the usual safe shit the WWE was known for at the time.

Looking back, the match was a bit uneventful, with lots of dead spots where Lesnar is just playing with the crowd, but at the time I thought it was incredible. Other than the finish of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
      I'm going to go to a Wrestling convention Haku is attending and slap him across the face just to see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Godzilla View Post

Big Boss Man would then steal my corpse;

And feed me to Al Snow;

Looking back he was such a cunt .

Comment

Big Boss Man would then steal my corpse;

And feed me to Al Snow;

Looking back he was such a cunt .
          Ah yes, more reminders of how bad the Attitude Era truly was. If it wasn't for Austin and The Rock, no body would give a shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakelock View Post
            Ah yes, more reminders of how bad the Attitude Era truly was. If it wasn't for Austin and The Rock, no body would give a shit.
            I think that's an exaggeration but yeah, I wouldn't want wwe to become that trashy again.

Comment

I think that's an exaggeration but yeah, I wouldn't want wwe to become that trashy again.
              I used to think it was the greatest era, and that was due to being a teenager during that time so it was pretty much the era I grew up with. I watch some of the Raw's from back then and most of them are just fucking messes. There's little wrestling, and what there is, is normally pretty bad. The promos and skits with Rock and Austin were great, but everything else is just terrible. The PPVs were not as bad, because they had to put actual wrestling matches on there, but most of those PPV matches stunk so bad, with the storylines not helping much either. Remember the New Age Outlaws breaking up and winning singles titles? I do, and it was stupid as hell.

Comment

I used to think it was the greatest era, and that was due to being a teenager during that time so it was pretty much the era I grew up with. I watch some of the Raw's from back then and most of them are just fucking messes. There's little wrestling, and what there is, is normally pretty bad. The promos and skits with Rock and Austin were great, but everything else is just terrible. The PPVs were not as bad, because they had to put actual wrestling matches on there, but most of those PPV matches stunk so bad, with the storylines not helping much either. Remember the New Age Outlaws breaking up and winning singles titles? I do, and it was stupid as hell.
                Yeah, although the good was enough to keep it afloat such as McMahon Vs Austin.

I'd say 2000/2001 were great years as there were some fantastic feuds, a stacked roster including great midcard. The matches for the tag belts and IC title were awesome. (there was bits of shit sprinkled throughout but mostly good stuff)

It went downhill soon after the WCW acquisition.
                Last edited by Midnight-Kroovy; 07-07-2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Yeah, although the good was enough to keep it afloat such as McMahon Vs Austin.

I'd say 2000/2001 were great years as there were some fantastic feuds, a stacked roster including great midcard. The matches for the tag belts and IC title were awesome. (there was bits of shit sprinkled throughout but mostly good stuff)

It went downhill soon after the WCW acquisition.
                  I'll agree with that, late 2000 through early 2001 was awesome. Rumble 01, No Way Out 01, and Wrestlemania X7 were downright outstanding.

Comment

• The Attitude Era was still the very best era of wrestling by quite a large margin. It's the Ruthless Aggression era where they went way overboard, and got retarded. It wasn't just Rock/Austin that was good. Every other month or so, they would have an interesting angle, whether it was Rock/Austin, Austin/Mcmahon, Mankind/Rock, Ministry Of Darkness, The Corporation, Edge&Christian/Hardy's/NAO, DX, Trish/Lita/Mickie.....

It's so easy to look back and be "that guy", and claim it wasn't all that good, but it really was. Miles ahead of what they're doing today, and easily the most entertaining era of Pro-Wrestling ever.

Comment

with the storylines not helping much either. Remember the New Age Outlaws breaking up and winning singles titles? I do, and it was stupid as hell.
                      At least they had storylines back then...

I started watching in 2002 around Summerslam when Shawn came back. Started really getting into it when the Cena/Taker feud was happening in 2003. Thought it was awesome until around 2004 when things got rough with Eddie/Benoit being champions. Started to pick back up then after Mania in 2005 right into my favorite time as a fan from 2006-2008. After that the PG shit kicked in and it was dark times until the summer of punk, the last time I was heavily invested in the product on a week-to-week basis.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                        At least they had storylines back then...

I started watching in 2002 around Summerslam when Shawn came back. Started really getting into it when the Cena/Taker feud was happening in 2003. Thought it was awesome until around 2004 when things got rough with Eddie/Benoit being champions. Started to pick back up then after Mania in 2005 right into my favorite time as a fan from 2006-2008. After that the PG shit kicked in and it was dark times until the summer of punk, the last time I was heavily invested in the product on a week-to-week basis.
                        I was big time into the E when Eddie became champ. I thought his world title reign was awesome, and him winning it at a ppv where they traditionally didn't have major titles exchange hands (No Way Out) was awesome.

I miss Eddie and Benoit, they were phenomenal workers.

Comment

• I haven't laughed as hard as I did last night with this in a long time watching WWE shows. Bo's a hilarious troll

Comment

• Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post

I haven't laughed as hard as I did last night with this in a long time watching WWE shows. Bo's a hilarious troll
                            I've moaned about Bo Dallas but when I was watching Raw and that happened I just fucking cracked up. .

I liked Roman Reigns tonight and loved his response to the Cena Sucks chant "When Roman Reigns is in the house you're damn right Cena sucks" Awesomeness! I just hope he's able to make it work in the ring.

Wyatts Vs Usos tore the house down again. They really need to call up some tag teams though or the division will get stale.

Overall I thought Raw was solid again this week.

Comment

• I don't think I'm alone in thinking that Bo Dallas was the worst human being on Earth, and he should do anything but perform infront of my eyeballs.

Well, I have no shame in saying that I was dead wrong, and that Bo Dallas is one of the best characters on the roster right now. The guy is just nailing the shit out of his character. I haven't laughed with(not at) a wrestler this much for a long time.

I'm a Bo-liever.

Comment

• "Kurt Angle confirmed on Jim Ross' latest Ross Report podcast that his contract with TNA expires on September 21st of this year.

Angle said TNA has offered him a new deal but he hasn't signed it because his next contract will probably be his last and he wants to consider his options.

Angle added that he thinks he will be able to wrestle again in October."

He should return to WWE. Retire at Wrestlemania infront of 90,000 people instead of a few hundred at a studio. WWE network could celebrate his career etc. and overall it would be far more lucrative. No brainer.

Comment

Working...
                                X