Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
    "Washout" is a bit harsh
    For Sin Cara? I think it's appropriate. Look at all the marketing they put behind that guy. He was supposed to be the new Rey Mysterio, and was complete shit. How many wrestlers would kill for their own signature lights during their matches? Fuck Sin Cara. Such a bum.

Guy's apparently way bigger than Sin Cara ever was and an incredible wrestler who can adapt to any style of wrestling. As long as his mic work isn't bad he should do well.
    Can he actually cut promos though? I mean, he is Japanese afterall. If he can't, he's a mid-carder at best. I think sometimes people put a bit too much emphasis on "wrestling" talent, without looking at the total package.

Okay, so I just checked this guy out on Youtube. He's going nowhere in WWE. Athletically talented for sure, but he has no personality and isn't visually striking. He'll get some "Ooh's" and "Aww's" for some neat moves early on, and that'll be it. I'm not trying to discredit him too much, but it's a whole different ball game in America. Being a great technical wrestler only takes you so far. He'll get a ton of respect from the hardcore/internet fans, and that's about it.

On another note. this whole Rusev/Swagger feud is gaining some serious heat. It might be cheap heat, but it is working wonders. I loved how Lana got physical. That's what managers should be all about. Helping their guy win at any cost. Great for Swagger too. I can't remember the last time people gave this much of a shit about anything this guy was involved in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
      Can he actually cut promos though? I mean, he is Japanese afterall. If he can't, he's a mid-carder at best. I think sometimes people put a bit too much emphasis on "wrestling" talent, without looking at the total package.
      As long as he is better than sycho sid but don't take it to dramatic lengths like Orton.

Comment

• What is up with Ric Flair? I have a serious feeling dude's going to be dead within the next five years. Drunk as shit, calling Cena "Joan".

smh

J.R. gonna get fired for that shit

EDIT: Cena >>> Flair btw

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
        For Sin Cara? I think it's appropriate. Look at all the marketing they put behind that guy. He was supposed to be the new Rey Mysterio, and was complete shit. How many wrestlers would kill for their own signature lights during their matches? Fuck Sin Cara. Such a bum.
        Oh, Sin Cara is a washout for sure. When he came over I expected him to become the new Mysterio but from day one he was useless.

Not sure. Always harder for a foreign guy to get over for an English audience, especially if they end up handing him some Japanese stereotype gimmick.

Maybe pair him with somebody who can be his mouthpiece?

Originally posted by Formaldehide&Seek View Post
        As long as he is better than sycho sid but don't take it to dramatic lengths like Orton.
        Orton has done quite well for himself
        Last edited by Se7en; 07-14-2014, 09:33 PM.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

I don't think anyone is saying otherwise really, the guy can't even speak English. However not everyone has to be a main eventer, there is a place lower down the card for people who can wrestle great matches.

I'll also say Sin Cara was on a big wage and got plenty of ring time so if they give Kenta similar ring time I'll be happy. Would be wise to give him a mouthpiece though.

Full credit to Rusev and Lana, they are awesome and I didn't expect it. I would even say their segment was the best and had the most heat all night.

Khali intentionally made me laugh for the first time ever tonight, thanks to Bo Dallas. It's nice when there's people that don't make me want to fast forward.

The authority storyline is boring the hell out of me. It doesn't even make sense. They didn't want Bryan as face of the company, that worked and made him the underdog but now Cena is champ (the definition of poster boy) and they still have a problem? Why? It's just lazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
            I don't think anyone is saying otherwise really, the guy can't even speak English. However not everyone has to be a main eventer, there is a place lower down the card for people who can wrestle great matches.
            True, but lots are saying otherwise. Not really here, but on some other sites the hype for this guy is retarded. Some are calling this guy "championship material", or the next big star and I just scratch my head. He's an average looking guy, who can't speak English. He is not going to be headlining PPV's anytime soon, or ever quite frankly. He'll be lucky if he can get above Kofi Kingston status. That is, if he ever gets out of NXT.

The authority storyline is boring the hell out of me. It doesn't even make sense. They didn't want Bryan as face of the company, that worked and made him the underdog but now Cena is champ (the definition of poster boy) and they still have a problem? Why? It's just lazy.
            Yeah, they should be putting more effort into explaining exactly why they have a problem with Cena being champ. This is why Cena needs to be a bit more flexible with his heel/face status. He could be tearing it up right now as the corporate champion(which in reality, he is), but instead it's just the same old "I'm a good guy, and I don't like the bad guys" schtick. It also fucks other potential big face stars up, as the WWE would rather just stick with Cena as superhero, instead of building a new one. They will turn Roman Reigns heel again, just so Cena can remain the Make A Wish guy. God forbid anyone else gets a taste of that spotlight.
            Last edited by Heretic; 07-15-2014, 08:54 AM.

Comment

True, but lots are saying otherwise. Not really here, but on some other sites the hype for this guy is retarded. Some are calling this guy "championship material", or the next big star and I just scratch my head. He's an average looking guy, who can't speak English. He is not going to be headlining PPV's anytime soon, or ever quite frankly. He'll be lucky if he can get above Kofi Kingston status. That is, if he ever gets out of NXT.
              You get people like that but I just ignore them, it's a vocal minority. I listen to podcasts, read columns and check all the dirtsheet comments and expectations seem well in check. The failure of past foreign stars is too strong to ignore.

Forgot to mention the Sting video for the game was really cool. I also heard Cena retired the heavyweight belt by giving it to Flair? Not confirmed yet though.

Bray getting "boring" chants is pretty worrying. They need to tweak his character and give him better reasoning.

Comment

Bray getting "boring" chants is pretty worrying. They need to tweak his character and give him better reasoning.
                He gets them here and there, mainly in the more traditional crowds. He is the heel afterall. They're not supposed to be cheering him. He does need to learn to speak up a bit though, and speak a little more clearly. He can sound really mumbly sometimes, when he's talks low. He's "acting" like he's in a movie, and I think he forget's that he's talking to an entire arena. I can barley make out what he's saying sometimes. Which is a shame, becasue he's usually spouting off some pretty creative stuff.

Roman Reigns needs to learn to put the mic up to his mouth too, when he talks. He's trying to sound all cool, but when the volume of his voice is half of Cena's, he unintentionally sounds like he's being intimidated.

Comment

Yeah, they should be putting more effort into explaining exactly why they have a problem with Cena being champ. This is why Cena needs to be a bit more flexible with his heel/face status. He could be tearing it up right now as the corporate champion(which in reality, he is), but instead it's just the same old "I'm a good guy, and I don't like the bad guys" schtick. It also fucks other potential big face stars up, as the WWE would rather just stick with Cena as superhero, instead of building a new one. They will turn Roman Reigns heel again, just so Cena can remain the Make A Wish guy. God forbid anyone else gets a taste of that spotlight.
                  Exactly, there's been no explanation. They just turned up acting insincere when there isn't any recent bad blood between them. "Plan B" is likely Brock Lesnar who I think broke Triple H's arm? And Triple H refused all of Brock's demands like naming it "Raw featuring Brock." But yes, let's go out of our way to make him champ and not Cena.

Really the authority need nothing to do with Brock. He legitimately earned his title shot by defeating Taker.

He gets them here and there, mainly in the more traditional crowds. He is the heel afterall. They're not supposed to be cheering him. He does need to learn to speak up a bit though, and speak a little more clearly. He can sound really mumbly sometimes, when he's talks low. He's "acting" like he's in a movie, and I think he forget's that he's talking to an entire arena. I can barley make out what he's saying sometimes. Which is a shame, becasue he's usually spouting off some pretty creative stuff.
                  I think the Boring chants were too bad to brush off tonight. He gets a good reaction most nights but his reasoning to feud with Jericho has been exactly the same as everyone else. Its less engaging when he sounds like a broken record.
                  Last edited by Midnight-Kroovy; 07-15-2014, 09:20 AM.

Comment

I think the Boring chants were too bad to brush off tonight. He gets a good reaction most nights but his reasoning to feud with Jericho has been exactly the same as everyone else. Its less engaging when he sounds like a broken record.
                    One night isn't a big deal. How many nights have the "boring" chants been deafening for Cena, or to an even lesser guy like Sheamus? With Bray being a monster heel, it's even less of an issue. The fans should be telling Bray to shut the fuck up. As far as the Wyatt's go, I'd say the "This is awesome!" chants have far outweighed the "boring" chants. He's still over as hell.

I think with Bray, since he is sort of tweener right now, they should blur the lines a bit more with him. Not have him play a heel or a face. Have the Wyatts just attack anyone, and turn them into a common enemy for everyone. If Bray wants to truly take over, everyone should be a target. I'd love to see the lights go out when The Authority was in the ring.

Comment

One night isn't a big deal. How many nights have the "boring" chants been deafening for Cena, or to an even lesser guy like Sheamus? With Bray being a monster heel, it's even less of an issue. The fans should be telling Bray to shut the fuck up. As far as the Wyatt's go, I'd say the "This is awesome!" chants have far outweighed the "boring" chants. He's still over as hell.
                      Don't get me wrong dude, I agree that he gets great reactions most weeks and this isn't gonna derail him or anything. My point is just that boring chants are the crowd calling bullshit on something.

With Bray I think it's simply that he's rambling about nothing because there's nothing to talk about and the crowd see that. Give Wyatt a reason to be pissed at Jericho instead of repeating the "you're not a hero you're a fraud" crap that flopped with Cena.

I'd love to see the lights go out when The Authority was in the ring.
                      This would be cool.

Comment

• Lana is completely topless in a movie called Banshee.

Google: C.J Perry topless.

Edit: She's also done a naked photoshoot
                        Last edited by Midnight-Kroovy; 07-15-2014, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Lana is completely topless in a movie called Banshee.

Google: C.J Perry topless.

Edit: She's also done a naked photoshoot
                          Banshee is a TV show

Comment

I'd love to see the lights go out when The Authority was in the ring.
                            That would be so awesome, miss the days when Triple H and Steph used to shake in their boots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                              Banshee is a TV show
                              I'm glad you focused on what's important and corrected me se7en. People are always really glad when they're corrected.

Comment

I'm glad you focused on what's important and corrected me se7en. People are always really glad when they're corrected.
                                Happy I could help

Comment

Working...
                                X