Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
    I'm still sad they axed Hassan because of London terrorist attacks, but I'd be thrilled if this gets rid of Rusev. The guy hasn't entertained me at all, and neither has Lana repeatedly saying "shut up".
    Lana cuts better promos than Dean Ambrose.


    Comment


    • Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
      I'm still sad they axed Hassan because of London terrorist attacks, but I'd be thrilled if this gets rid of Rusev. The guy hasn't entertained me at all, and neither has Lana repeatedly saying "shut up".
      You're in the very small minority there. Lana is a fantastic manager and Rusev has been solid, together they have awesome heat. It's nice to see a feud where the crowd is red hot for a change.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
        They were clearly referencing the plane incident and the crowd knew that but they worded it in a broader way that wasn't distasteful. It's in context with their storyline though and it's actually a fair argument, nothing to be offended about.
        Well sure but my point was that promo could have been made on any other week and nobody would have said anything.

        Doesn't matter though. The plane incident is in no way comparable to the London Bombings and they were probably encouraged to mention it in some way. They'll be fine. All publicity is good publicity!


        Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
          I'm still sad they axed Hassan because of London terrorist attacks, but I'd be thrilled if this gets rid of Rusev. The guy hasn't entertained me at all, and neither has Lana repeatedly saying "shut up".
          I like Lana, but that's only because I wanna lick her butthole.

          Rusev doesn't impress me, and honestly I'm tired of these big guys who get undefeated streaks going. At some point, they have to lose, and during their streak they rarely if ever topple big name guys. By the time they lose, it's either screwy and stupid, or kills any heat they had. I just wish they'd do away with these winning streaks programs.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
            You're in the very small minority there. Lana is a fantastic manager and Rusev has been solid, together they have awesome heat. It's nice to see a feud where the crowd is red hot for a change.
            Anyone, ANYONE could get heat in America by hating on America and saying it's people are inferior.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Se7en View Post
              Well sure but my point was that promo could have been made on any other week and nobody would have said anything.

              Doesn't matter though. The plane incident is in no way comparable to the London Bombings and they were probably encouraged to mention it in some way. They'll be fine. All publicity is good publicity!
              Yeah, I think the huge difference is they consider the incident "tragic" and are talking about America's hypocrisy. Hassan was basically a terrorist

              Originally posted by Blakelock View Post
              Rusev doesn't impress me, and honestly I'm tired of these big guys who get undefeated streaks going. At some point, they have to lose, and during their streak they rarely if ever topple big name guys. By the time they lose, it's either screwy and stupid, or kills any heat they had. I just wish they'd do away with these winning streaks programs.
              The streaks should be handled better and they are so frequent no one really cares. As for Rusev I thought he would be a flop when he first arrived but credit to him he's been steady in the ring and has huge heat. I don't think he deserves criticism yet.

              I'd like him to wrestle Jericho to see how far he can go in the ring. Jericho Vs Lana on the mic would be entertaining as well.

              Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
              Anyone, ANYONE could get heat in America by hating on America and saying it's people are inferior.
              I disagree, the whole Xenophobia and anti-america gimmick has proven to be dated the last few years and has never really lead anywhere. Rusev's debut had a lukewarm response for this very reason but Lana has managed to draw radioactive heat.
              Last edited by Midnight-Kroovy; 07-21-2014, 02:59 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                I disagree, the whole Xenophobia and anti-america gimmick has proven to be dated the last few years and has never really lead anywhere. Rusev's debut had a lukewarm response for this very reason but Lana has managed to draw radioactive heat.
                Anti-American gimmicks will always get the cheap heat. ALWAYS.

                I myself find them boring, and you pair it with a streak gimmick and well, you have created a character that I wouldn't give 2 fucks about if he didn't have a hot manager.

                Comment


                • Punk will return tonight

                  Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                  Yeah, I think the huge difference is they consider the incident "tragic" and are talking about America's hypocrisy. Hassan was basically a terrorist
                  Pretty much. Crazy what they got away with back then


                  Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                  I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                    Punk will return tonight
                    Nah, and at this point I'd rather him not come back.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Blakelock View Post
                      Nah, and at this point I'd rather him not come back.
                      I would totally watch again if he showed up.


                      Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by lightzonlycast View Post
                        Anti-American gimmicks will always get the cheap heat. ALWAYS.
                        The crowd will boo if you say America sucks but that's different from having legitimate heat.

                        They did the same gimmick with Jindar Mahal and he got no heat. There have been a bunch of others that have flopped because the crowd didn't give a damn.

                        When Cesaro played up his Swiss gimmick and insulted America it got little reaction and had to be changed.

                        Rusev and Lana have done a good job so far.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                          The crowd will boo if you say America sucks but that's different from having legitimate heat.

                          They did the same gimmick with Jindar Mahal and he got no heat. There have been a bunch of others that have flopped because the crowd didn't give a damn.

                          When Cesaro played up his Swiss gimmick and insulted America it got little reaction and had to be changed.
                          Yep.

                          Rusev and Lana have done a good job so far.
                          Honestly, I don't think Rusev has done a whole hell of a lot. He's a good worker, and fits the character well, but that duo's success is all about Lana. Without Lana, Rusev is just another Big E. Lana is the heat bringer. She has a stereotypical character, but she knows how to sell it so well. A lot of the roster could learn a lot from how to sell their characters from her, and that's no bullshit.

                          She's comes across as a true actress, where as most of the roster come across as bad amateur actors reading a script. Acting and making people believe in your character, is just as important as being able to put on a great match, and I believe that's what a lot of the roster either doesn't get, or simply aren't capable of doing.


                          Comment


                          • Bo vs Sandow? Tell me they're not turning Bo face already, just because he has some ironic fan support. I hope they're not that fucking stupid.


                            Comment


                            • Why would Jericho have Bray Wyatt as a guest to begin with? LOL. So dumb.


                              Comment


                              • Shattered Dreams Productions and 24 Karat pictures present...Stardust https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymPu2PdLW3I

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X