Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBK the GOAT

Any opinion stating otherwise is irrelevant

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayPuresoul View Post
      Also even though I don't knock Bret's runs as champ he never exactly set any box office records pre-Attitude era. I mean when you break it down the fact that both HBK and Hart were sort of pompous dicks even as babyface champs is what made Stone Cold a breath of fresh air. At least he was never trying to bullshit anybody about what a cut throat prick he was unlike those other two needy manipulative whiny cunts. .
      I don't think they were "pompous dicks", probably because I watched their rise throughout the years and knew all the hard work they put into their craft. Seeing them with the belt was the pay off to all that hard work. I did enjoy Stone Cold, but not as much as Shawn or Bret.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
        HBK the GOAT

Any opinion stating otherwise is irrelevant
        Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakelock View Post
          That actually happened to me this past Sunday night during Battleground, missed the end of the main event, so they're going into a spot and it refreshes, and comes back with Cena's music playing and Reigns on the outside. Ruined the end of the match and PPV for me.
          I was pretty pissed as well as it ruined one of the matches I was looking forward to the most that night (think it was the second PPV after the network went on and probably something Daniel Bryan related). I had it stall a few times at Battleground and was not pleased either. That's pretty cool that you only paid for one month and they are still giving it to you. At least they are screwing themselves in the pockets and a few fans will gain from their errors!
          Sometimes, you just have to be offensive to offensive people - Max Nofziger

Comment

• Originally posted by Iggy View Post
            You're trying to compare Sting and Shawn Michaels?
            Not in-ring. And yes, I found HBK unrootable as face champion pre-Attitude era. For one, Vader should've took the belt off him and it was ridiculous that he didn't.

Comment

Not in-ring. And yes, I found HBK unrootable as face champion pre-Attitude era. For one, Vader should've took the belt off him and it was ridiculous that he didn't.
              Out of the ring he was top 3 all time most entertaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakelock View Post
                I don't think they were "pompous dicks", probably because I watched their rise throughout the years and knew all the hard work they put into their craft. Seeing them with the belt was the pay off to all that hard work. I did enjoy Stone Cold, but not as much as Shawn or Bret.
                Ease off, guy.

Even though I meant their characters, when it comes to HBK; yes, he was a piece of shit as a professional during that era. He also showed he hadn't totally changed when he clowned Hogan at that one Summerslam.

It's well known that he skipped town several times/faked injuries to get out of dropping a belt; most infamously refusing to return the favor to Hart at WM13 which led to something awesome (Austin/Hart "I Quit!") and something not so.......culminating in Sid shitting his pants while being hoisted up for the Tombstone.

Comment

• Ew Vader

Comment

• I might not be able to argue against HBK as GOAT but I agree that he was much more enjoyable as a heel. I hated most of his run with Lothario at his side. I remember being happy when Sid beat him for the strap.

V A D E R T I M E !!!!!!!

I was/am still a huge fan. Loved watching him kick ass in NWA/WCW and in WWF. I agree he should have been given a short title run back in the day. Was happy to see him on RAW many months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                      Out of the ring he was top 3 all time most entertaining.
                      Five star matches aren't the end all be all for everybody. As for his character I always found him to be an insufferable twat but that was actually great for when he was heading up D-X.

Comment

• From a business perspective would any of you honestly want VADER as the face of your company?

Comment

• Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
                          I might not be able to argue against HBK as GOAT but I agree that he was much more enjoyable as a heel. I hated most of his run with Lothario at his side. I remember being happy when Sid beat him for the strap.

V A D E R T I M E !!!!!!!

I was/am still a huge fan. Loved watching him kick ass in NWA/WCW and in WWF. I agree he should have been given a short title run back in the day. Was happy to see him on RAW many months ago.
                          I think that was one of those cases of Vince's Dr. Frankenstein bias running wild where if he didn't "create" a certain guy; fuck 'em!

Comment

From a business perspective would any of you honestly want VADER as the face of your company?
                            Are you saying you wanted to fuck Yokozuna?

Comment

From a business perspective would any of you honestly want VADER as the face of your company?
                              A big bad tough ass ugly dude is going to kill them being the face of the company for a short reign? Vader was pretty impressive back in the day for what he could do in the ring for a guy so big. I liked him but I loved all the Jim Cornette stablemates of back then with Vader, British Bulldog, and Owen Hart who all made me laugh and loved their matches/feuds. I don't think it would have hurt to give him a 3 month reign back then.

Originally posted by RayPuresoul View Post
                              I think that was one of those cases of Vince's Dr. Frankenstein bias running wild where if he didn't "create" a certain guy; fuck 'em!
                              I agree with you as Vince has always been tough on guys coming in from different companies that made a name of themselves without WWE's help. Hell they even almost fudged up Chris Jericho back in the day a few months after he debuted and think it was because he made himself in WCW and wasn't WWE made (and well not getting on the clique's good side didn't help......ask poor Vader how that worked out ).
                              Last edited by Outpost #31; 07-24-2014, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Are you saying you wanted to fuck Yokozuna?

Comment

Working...
                                X