Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
    A big bad tough ass ugly dude is going to kill them being the face of the company for a short reign? Vader was pretty impressive back in the day for what he could do in the ring for a guy so big. I liked him but I loved all the Jim Cornette stablemates of back then with Vader, British Bulldog, and Owen Hart who all made me laugh and loved their matches/feuds. I don't think it would have hurt to give him a 3 month reign back then.
    Yeah, I mean Yoko had the belt nestled in his fierce folds for 280 days while Vince tried to figure out if he was in or out of love with The Lex Express as his new Hogan.

Like I said it's just that Vader made his bones elsewhere before ever setting foot in a WWF ring and sometimes Vince just gets a wild hair up his ass about that sort of thing.

There's certainly no reason why Vader shouldn't have crushed HBK. It would've done no damage to HBK and actually would've been the better story of him nutting up and regaining the belt from the monster.

Comment

• Since we're talking old school wrestling, any other fans of Tatanka here? I always liked his character and would've loved to have seen him as champ for a bit.

Oh, and wasn't he also fucked over by Shawn?

Comment

• Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
        I agree with you as Vince has always been tough on guys coming in from different companies that made a name of themselves without WWE's help. Hell they even almost fudged up Chris Jericho back in the day a few months after he debuted and think it was because he made himself in WCW and wasn't WWE made (and well not getting on the clique's good side didn't help......ask poor Vader how that worked out ).
        Yeah, Jericho worked some dead end programs early on in his WWE run; Road Dogg, Chyna. Just brutal worthless stuff where he had to put over much lesser talent. I would shed a tear for how fast Taz went from handing Kurt Angle his first defeat to a running joke. But then I remember he's a human lego with Hogan orange flesh. So he doesn't really count.

Work was probably actually the biggest problem as in HBK was scared shitless to work Vader. He must have saw that match where Hansen and Vader legit slugged each other until Vader's freaking eye popped out and had nightmares.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayPuresoul View Post
          Are you saying you wanted to fuck Yokozuna?
          No, but watching HBK led to some confused feelings growing up

Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
          A big bad tough ass ugly dude is going to kill them being the face of the company for a short reign? Vader was pretty impressive back in the day for what he could do in the ring for a guy so big. I liked him but I loved all the Jim Cornette stablemates of back then with Vader, British Bulldog, and Owen Hart who all made me laugh and loved their matches/feuds. I don't think it would have hurt to give him a 3 month reign back then.
          All I know is

Vader = not cool

Shawn = cool

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iggy View Post
            Since we're talking old school wrestling, any other fans of Tatanka here? I always liked his character and would've loved to have seen him as champ for a bit.

Oh, and wasn't he also fucked over by Shawn?
            Favorite Tatanka moment is most definitely Rodney Dangerfield watching his match in NBK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
              No, but watching HBK led to some confused feelings growing up

You must've wet yourself when you saw this.......

[YOUTUBE]bJKbIJZuv30[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Dat face thoo

Comment

• Originally posted by RayPuresoul View Post
                  Ease off, guy.
                  Whoa buddy, settle down, we're just talking here.

Originally posted by RayPuresoul View Post
                  Even though I meant their characters, when it comes to HBK; yes, he was a piece of shit as a professional during that era. He also showed he hadn't totally changed when he clowned Hogan at that one Summerslam.
                  I won't deny he was an asshole for a while, but as a champion he was fine. It was further proof that we didn't need guys like Hogan or Nash stinking up the ring. As for clowning with Hogan at SummerSlam, he was told to play the heel, and he did it. If you believed that he did it on purpose, well then he did he job didn't he?

Originally posted by RayPuresoul View Post
                  It's well known that he skipped town several times/faked injuries to get out of dropping a belt; most infamously refusing to return the favor to Hart at WM13 which led to something awesome (Austin/Hart "I Quit!") and something not so.......culminating in Sid shitting his pants while being hoisted up for the Tombstone.
                  He wasn't he first to do that, and he certainly won't be the last. It's apart of the business, you either let it go and enjoy his work or hold a grudge.

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                  Since we're talking old school wrestling, any other fans of Tatanka here? I always liked his character and would've loved to have seen him as champ for a bit.
                  I like it when Tatanka went heel, but they handled it wrong.

Comment

Dat face thoo
                    Shawn was known for giving a derp face, when mocking people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakelock View Post

I won't deny he was an asshole for a while, but as a champion he was fine. It was further proof that we didn't need guys like Hogan or Nash stinking up the ring. As for clowning with Hogan at SummerSlam, he was told to play the heel, and he did it. If you believed that he did it on purpose, well then he did he job didn't he?
                      Bah. Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit. It was a lot more embarrassing for Orton (than an old HBK) to have to put over the old orange walrussey looking bastard at the very next year's Summerslam but he didn't feel the need to make a spectacle of himself and turn the match into dogshit. Not to mention it was the last match of the show HBK ruined.

And you really believe other guys skipped out on a WrestleMania just to get around putting somebody over? Like who exactly? I mean it's the biggest payoff of the year by far so you have to be a pretty petty cunt to miss out on that payday just to get out of doing the J-O-B.

Shit, back in the day, Ricky Steamboat had to job the I-C Title to a glorified Elvis impersonator. When Shawn "lost his smile" and couldn't make WrestleMania XIII because of loss of said smile he was being a little vindictive bitch. Plain and simple. Besides bottom line: he was never any kind of draw to be pulling that kind of power play to begin with. I guess he and Vince were just that tight though.

Comment

• Originally posted by sarsoor View Post
                        So what happens to Cena now?
                        Turn him heel ala Hollywood Hogan NWO 1996
                        http://www.ebay.com/sch/2coolghouls/...&_trksid=p3686

✌ Visit my listings for the best in Scary Props, Horror Toys, Masks and more! ✌

Comment

• I haven't followed wrestling for years now. I stopped, not because I felt I was too old, but I simply lost interest when my old favorites left the scene and were slowly being replace by dull personalities and douchebags with none of the charm that the old dudes had. Final nail in the coffin for me was when Stone Cold stopped appearing alltogether, sometime after DX finally reunited in the mid 2000s. And all these new guys just had no soul for me. I had always been entertained by the likes of Undertaker, Stone Cold, Kane...before he was replaced by the new one, The Rock, Mankind, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Hulk Hogan.

It just became apparent that my generation was fading out and an all new one was setting in for the newer kids. So I just left it all somewhere in the mid 2000s and gave it up completely.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                            Shawn was known for giving a derp face, when mocking people.
                            Ye silly Shawn is the best Shawn

Originally posted by VoltronLions View Post
                            Turn him heel ala Hollywood Hogan NWO 1996
                            Will never happen

Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
                            It just became apparent that my generation was fading out and an all new one was setting in for the newer kids. So I just left it all somewhere in the mid 2000s and gave it up completely.
                            I've come to the conclusion that you're the most sentimental person on here

Comment

I've come to the conclusion that you're the most sentimental person on here
                              Why, you read it with violins playing in the background under a candlelit starry night or something?

The newer generation of wrestlers are all flashy pretty boy douchebags with absolutely no entertainment value. It all started with that limpdick Cena. The cunt. I'll take gigantic evil horror giants and backstabbing foulmouthed beer swilling rednecks any day of the week.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
                                Why, you read it with violins playing in the background under a candlelit starry night or something?

Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
                                The newer generation of wrestlers are all flashy pretty boy douchebags with absolutely no entertainment value. It all started with that limpdick Cena. The cunt. I'll take gigantic evil horror giants and backstabbing foulmouthed beer swilling rednecks any day of the week.
                                No argument from me here, but it's always been the wrestling itself that has kept me watching more than the characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X