Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iggy View Post
    That statement right there makes my head hurt.
    Meant to say relevant

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
      Meant to say relevant
      Well, they're relevant enough to still be selling out concert venues left and right. Obviously people still have an interest in them......if anything they've managed to stay relevant......otherwise they wouldn't have been around for 40 years.

Comment

• We obviously have very different definitions of the word relevant.

Anyhoo

[YOUTUBE]yvWsYKc3FFw[/YOUTUBE]

This is amazing

Comment

We obviously have very different definitions of the word relevant.

I've seen the artists you like......lets see how relevant they are in 40 years.

Comment

I've seen the artists you like......lets see how relevant they are in 40 years.
            None of them will ever be as "popular" as far as ticket/record sales go. Not sure if you've realized but over the past forty years the music business has changed significantly. The most popular mainstream artists going can barely sell a million now.

Terrible comparison

Comment

None of them will ever be as "popular" as far as ticket/record sales go. Not sure if you've realized but over the past forty years the music business has changed significantly. The most popular mainstream artists going can barely sell a million now.
              Well then in that case, relevancy seems to be somewhat of a mute point now isn't it?

Comment

Well then in that case, relevancy seems to be somewhat of a mute point now isn't it?

All I said was Kiss is irrelevant. That is a fact. Not talking about anything or anyone else.

Comment

• Saying Cena was carried to great matches when he's had so many of them is pure stupidity. You could maybe make that argument if he only had a handful of good matches, but that's not the case. He'd had awesome bouts with CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Shawn Michaels, Umaga, Batista, Triple H, Rey Mysterio, Edge, Rob Van Dam.. the list goes on and on. And don't dare try to say Batista "carried" him to a good match. Their first match for the WWE title (at SummerSlam I think it was) was pretty damn good.

The problem with Cena is his stale as shit corny ass character, not his ring work.
                  Last edited by Nightmare; 07-25-2014, 08:54 PM.

Comment

All I said was Kiss is irrelevant. That is a fact. Not talking about anything or anyone else.
                    Justin Bieber, Kanye West and Miley Cyrus are all relevant now, so I honestly couldn't give a fuck if KISS was or wasn't.

Comment

• Who gives a shit about KISS? Let's talk wrestling.

Who is everyone's favorite big man? Mine's a tie between Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Se7en;2806253]Ye silly Shawn is the best Shawn

Will never happen

I know Vince doesnt want to risk his cash cow but why not Hogan clearly had more to lose than Cena. Cena has never risen to a Hogan, Andre, Stone Cold, The Rock level of mainstream fame.
                        http://www.ebay.com/sch/2coolghouls/...&_trksid=p3686

✌ Visit my listings for the best in Scary Props, Horror Toys, Masks and more! ✌

Comment

• Oh yeah, almost forgot Michaels looks like he’d get his ass handed to him by the tougher members of most eighties hair metal bands. Now I know what I said about Punk earlier, but I damn sure know he could more than handle his business in a barroom brawl against the average redneck or other assorted ham and egger; HBK not so much.

As for Bryan looking like a garden gnome; well, that’s fine by me because his character is the ultimate underdog after all. Furthermore, there have been plenty of guys no bigger than Michaels who either proved or at the very least looked like they could protect themselves outside of the ring: Savage, Hart and Steamboat. I mean if gossip is gospel that shiner Hogan sported at WM IX was provided by none other than Savage.

Now if that’s oddball criteria for picking your favorite; that’s fine too. It’s just one of several reasons why HBK isn’t as high on my list of personal favorites as others. That’s all. It’s also why it seemed silly that Vader couldn’t take the belt off him; even if he dropped it back a month later or whatever. I mean Sting at three or four inches taller and fifty pounds bigger than Michaels splatted like a fly on a windshield for Vader when he dropped the title to him. Why was the much punier HBK so above that? Hell, even Hogan never got a decisive pinfall victory over Vader in WCW. That’s how much Hogan and WCW thought of Vader as a convincing monster.

Never forget that HBK, while his rise to the top was much more organic and well deserved than that brown noser Triple H, was never any kind of draw before Stone Cold came along to resuscitate business for the WWE. That’s why he looked like a deluded childish candyass thinking he was above putting on a good show in putting over that decrepit prick Hogan at Summerslam ’05. Hogan’s dickishness and selfishness can at least be rationalized because his drawing power at his peak was only ever eclipsed by Austin. What are HBK's reasons besides Vince would always let him get away with such nonsense?

That’s why HBK always came off as a buffoon when refusing to put anybody over. Box office wise; he was the dude on top of the card in a down period when the WWE almost flatlined. These are all facts.

Okay, okay…..I confess that if anybody deserved to have somebody act drunk against them, it’s definitely Hogan. It’s even funnier that it was perpetrated by one of the few guy more deluded and selfish than even the master himself Hogan.
                          Last edited by RayPuresoul; 07-26-2014, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Hogan finally gets a Mattel figure announced at comic con http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mmNk...FwJ2uKfbty_odg
                            http://www.ebay.com/sch/2coolghouls/...&_trksid=p3686

✌ Visit my listings for the best in Scary Props, Horror Toys, Masks and more! ✌

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                              Let's not neglect that Hogan was being a dick and refused to job the arranged rematch. HBK was an asshole but it sure as hell wasn't one way traffic.

Eh, Hogan seemed pretty diplomatic in putting over all the newly christened stars in '02-'03. The only big win he really got was a title win over Triple H and as I recall even that was an overbooked clusterfuck that allowed Triple H to save face. I believe he went something like 1-5 after WM in big televised or PPV matches putting over: Lesnar, Angle, 'Taker, Triple H and The Rock again.

The real damn shame about Hogan's return is that he wasn't somehow churned into "The Streak" as he very easily could've been 'Taker's WM opponent the year after Flair. That would've been a lot better than 'Taker going through the motions in some steaming pile handicap match. Of course, I do imagine Hogan would've been a little bitch about having to lose yet again to 'Taker. So it probably never would've been on the table to begin with.....well, at least not with "The Streak" staying intact which would've been the only real point to such a match.

Now as far as Hogan's one-off appearances in '05 and '06 go, it seems like he had the leverage by then and knew he only had so many matches left in him anyways. So why would he go out of his way to put over Michaels? I mean I firmly place the blame on an Austin/Hogan WM match never occurring due to Hogan being a deluded prick, but HBK was never that big a deal at any point in his career that even an old withered away Hogan should have to reasonably agree to trade off wins with him just to be able to work one major main event.
                              Last edited by RayPuresoul; 07-26-2014, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lightzonlycast View Post

The absolute best clowning of Hogan was Jeff Jarrett laying down for him, but that turned out to be some Vince Russo bullshit.

[/COLOR]
                                You gotta be fucking kidding me. Jeff Jarrett is the ultimate rinky dink motherfucker who never should've main evented anywhere outside of some fairgrounds in Memphis.

What killed WCW deader than a goddamn doornail was this rube who was an eternal mid-carder in the WWE suddenly winning their World Title every other week with the exact same rinky dink Honky Tonk Man rip-off guitar shot.

As for Hogan, there's plenty of bullshit he should be skinned alive for. Starrcade '97 and the slow count that effectively pissed away 18 months worth of build-up and booking? Hell yes. Take Brutus Beefcake's sheers and slowly cut off the cocksucker's orange flesh.

But scoffing at jobbing to Billy goddamn Kidman or Jeff rinky dink Jarrett? Hogan was in the right. Well, he actually jobbed to Kidman. Why? I have no earthly idea. Oh yeah, don't tell anybody but I think Jarrett used to shove broken pieces of those guitars up Russo's ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X