X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love how this has become the best thread on B-D by a mile

Comment

• Originally posted by lightzonlycast View Post
      All I want is one Cena feud where the end result was putting over new talent like that of what Sting has done.

You can't even name one, probably because the E never lets anyone take the ball from Cena and run with it.
      Cena puts over guys all the time. Neckbeards just like to ignore that little fact. He put over CM Punk for a goddamn year. He put over RVD. He just put over Daniel Bryan. You can't blame Cena, because these guys couldn't carry the ball past the 5 yard line, and either couldn't draw, got injured, or got pulled over by the police with a bunch of drugs.

Anyone can look great in a gimmick match. I love Terry Funk and that dude was 200 years old wrestling gimmick matches as fucking Chainsaw Charlie and he looked good. Show me one Cena match that is straight up no gimmicks where the other person doesn't carry him that is actually entertaining for entertainment purposes.
      Cena/Punk had some of the greatest pure wrestling matches of the past decade. That was all Punk though, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by RayPuresoul View Post
        I'm trying to think of worse cases of start/stop pushes than Taz and then Ryback recently. Anybody? And I'm not saying either of those guys was worth a shit or especially deserving. Just that it's dumb whenever they make a guy look like a big deal coming out of the gate then abruptly decide they're a lump of shit.
        That's a tough one. Ken Shamrock initially flopped pretty bad, but he eventually learned the business, and became a pretty damn good heel and performer. I can't think of too many who flopped as hard as Taz though. At least with Ryback, he had his moment in the sun and main evented some PPVs. Taz had his awesome debut, and that was about it.

Tensei was a huge flop, but he was never going to work no matter how much Vince wanted us to forget that he was once a character named after a penis piercing. Oh', he's a samaurai now? Yeah, okay. Sin Cara is another guy, I guess. The Miz, while he's still doing okay for himself, fell hard and fast from his initial glory days. I still can't believe that once upon a time, that guy actually headlined a Wrestlemania. And low and behold, it was one of the worst WM's ever.
        Last edited by Heretic; 07-26-2014, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
          Yeah, they probably went overboard with kicking out of finishers although its not something new and it was part of the story they were telling about punishing their bodies and ending their careers.

I preferred their first Wrestlemania match, I thought it was absolutely fantastic. I need to rewatch Angle Vs HBK as I remember that being incredible.
          I don't think the Micheals/Taker matches hold up all that well. One of them(can't remember which) is an absolute botch fest, up until the final ten minutes or so. The finales of those matches were awesome, but the stuff leading up to all of the false finishes....not so much.

Angle/Micheals however is one of the best matches I've ever seen. I think as far as in-ring performers go, Angle is right up there with Micheals. I can't remember one bad match the guy was in, and his matches against the best guys(Guerrero, Benoit, Micheals, etc) always lived up to the hype.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
            The Miz, while he's still doing okay for himself, fell hard and fast from his initial glory days. I still can't believe that once upon a time, that guy actually headlined a Wrestlemania. And low and behold, it was one of the worst WM's ever.
            It's embarrassing that Miz, Ziggler and Swagger are former World Champions. Miz beating Cena at Wrestlemania should never, ever have happened. I don't know why they persevere with the guy either, everything about him is mediocre from skills to looks. Put him in the tag division, he was good with Morrison.

As for flops Taz was pretty bad. The 00's was filled with green wrestlers getting doomed instant pushes like Nathan Jones, Mordecai, Snitsky, Matt Morgan, Kozlov and Chris Masters etc.

Zack Ryder was pretty over but got absolutely butchered.

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
            I don't think the Micheals/Taker matches hold up all that well. One of them(can't remember which) is an absolute botch fest, up until the final ten minutes or so. The finales of those matches were awesome, but the stuff leading up to all of the false finishes....not so much.
            I rewatched the first match recently and thought it was fantastic, I think the 2nd doesn't hold up so well.

Angle/Micheals however is one of the best matches I've ever seen. I think as far as in-ring performers go, Angle is right up there with Micheals. I can't remember one bad match the guy was in, and his matches against the best guys(Guerrero, Benoit, Micheals, etc) always lived up to the hype.
            Yeah, I really hope Angle returns. I miss the days when PPVs would have a techincal/submission style match with the likes of Angle, Benoit and Jericho. All the matches now are kinda similar.
            Last edited by Midnight-Kroovy; 07-26-2014, 09:24 AM.

Comment

It's embarrassing that Miz, Ziggler and Swagger are former World Champions. Miz beating Cena at Wrestlemania should never, ever have happened. I don't know why they persevere with the guy either, everything about him is mediocre from skills to looks. Put him in the tag division, he was good with Morrison.
              I hate how Miz wrestles. He's not fundamentaly awful or anything, but there is just a fake, plastic way that he does everything. I can't even pinpoint what it is. It's like the other guys are wrestling, and he's acting like he's wrestling. There is just something so soulless about how he does shit.

Zack Ryder was pretty over but got absolutely butchered.
              I don't even know why they create characters like him. Characters so lame, that it's almost bad for business if they ever get over, so they have to bury them if they ever do.

Yeah, I really hope Angle returns. I miss the days when PPVs would have a techincal/submission style match with the likes of Angle, Benoit and Jericho. All the matches now are kinda similar.
              I think the matches are alright nowadays. It's the finishes that are getting on my nerves. I am so sick and tired of the "This Is Awesome!" chants, just because there is string of false finishes. It's basically cheap heat at this point. The match sucks? Well, just start kicking out of finishers and the fans will eat it up.

Comment

I hate how Miz wrestles. He's not fundamentaly awful or anything, but there is just a fake, plastic way that he does everything. I can't even pinpoint what it is. It's like the other guys are wrestling, and he's acting like he's wrestling. There is just something so soulless about how he does shit.
                I find it hard to pinpoint as well. He's 6'2 yet he comes across as a midget to me, I feel like I could kick the shit out of him in a fight.

I don't even know why they create characters like him. Characters so lame, that it's almost bad for business if they ever get over, so they have to bury them if they ever do.
                I'm not really a Ryder fan but he got himself over, he was a top 5 merchandise seller at one point (maybe higher) despite ZERO damn TV time. WWE talks about grabbing the brass rings etc. yet instead of rewarding or applauding Ryder they bury him. So many lower card/jobber wrestlers came out saying how that crushed their morale and showed no hope.

I think the matches are alright nowadays. It's the finishes that are getting on my nerves. I am so sick and tired of the "This Is Awesome!" chants, just because there is string of false finishes. It's basically cheap heat at this point. The match sucks? Well, just start kicking out of finishers and the fans will eat it up.
                I don't have a problem with the match quality, I think it's a talented roster that put on good matches. My problem is they are kinda the same format, at least a technical match is a bit different and a change of pace. Divas aren't really an alternative until they turn it round, hasn't been cruiserweights in years and tag division has only got back on track recently.

I wish there were more tag teams and double team moves. People would watch the Dudleys just to see the 3D.

Comment

Seems lately those names have changed into paige, A.J and Natalya. divas are shelling out better submission finishers than the superstars. i'm not hating on cena at all but it seems he has become lazy with the STF and ones who are in the hold just dont sell it with much conviction.

Comment

I'm not really a Ryder fan but he got himself over, he was a top 5 merchandise seller at one point (maybe higher) despite ZERO damn TV time. WWE talks about grabbing the brass rings etc. yet instead of rewarding or applauding Ryder they bury him. So many lower card/jobber wrestlers came out saying how that crushed their morale and showed no hope.
                    With Ryder, I kind of get it. He was always meant to be a jobber. Where I really started to lose hope for the roster, was when they were fucking around with Daniel Bryan. That guy was completely over, and for a while it seemed the WWE did everything in their power to keep him down. If that guy couldn't grab the spotlight, good fucking luck to anyone else.

I really would've liked to hear the reasoning as to why they thought that Randy Orton was the guy to run with the belt during the height of Bryan's popularity. On top of that, they put him in a main event program with The Big Show. What the fuck were they thinking?

Comment

• Originally posted by RayPuresoul View Post
                      Worked shoot shit sucks. And what has working heel got to do with selling so bad you're making a mockery and a spectacle out of the fact that it's only a fake wrestling match and you protest the fact that you're losing? Go into business for himself? That's exactly what he did. HBK is supposed to be able to sell better than Linda McMahon.
                      That was all done on purpose, the over selling, it was apart of the story. Everyone backstage knew about it, it was him in his heel character you muppet. Good lord.

Originally posted by RayPuresoul View Post
                      What's funny is somebody being such a rabid Bryan fanboy that they're in denial about shit Bryan's trainer pulled.
                      No, what's funny is that you can't tell the difference between what's scripted and what isn't. Mentioning Shawn being Bryan's trainer is supposed to get your some wrestling nerd cred eh?

Originally posted by RayPuresoul View Post
                      No, wrong again. Back before you were born and MMA was in its dark ages the wrestlers audibly submitted (or at least shook their heads like they were answering the ref) instead of tapping out. Understand? Actually the old way was kind of worse (or better in getting over the hold) on the quitter looking like even more of a candyass in desperate agony.
                      Your assumption of my age and knowledge is hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakelock View Post
                        That was all done on purpose, the over selling, it was apart of the story. Everyone backstage knew about it, it was him in his heel character you muppet. Good lord.

No. Micheals overselling was not part of the story. You don't play a heel by making a mockery of the match. I liked it, but in no way was that shit all agreed upon(I've never heard that anywhere). It's basically breaking the fourth wall, and telling the audience that it's all bullshit, and that's a big no no. Unless you're Shawn Micheals of course.

Comment

No. Micheals overselling was not part of the story. You don't play a heel by making a mockery of the match. I liked it, but in no way was that shit all agreed upon(I've never heard that anywhere). It's basically breaking the fourth wall, and telling the audience that it's all bullshit, and that's a big no no. Unless you're Shawn Micheals of course.
                          Yes.

He talks about it on the DVD, that he was asked to be a heel and he told them that if he was a heel he'd tear Hogan apart, promo and match wise. They said they were fine with it, and so that's what Shawn did. The guy has no reason to lie about anything anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakelock View Post
                            Yes.

He talks about it on the DVD, that he was asked to be a heel and he told them that if he was a heel he'd tear Hogan apart, promo and match wise. They said they were fine with it, and so that's what Shawn did. The guy has no reason to lie about anything anymore.
                            You're confusing things. What he was talking about was when Hogan apparently got mad at the Larry King sketch, when Micheals supposedly told Hogan all about it beforehand. He wasn't talking about himself acting a fool in the ring. How does overselling to a ridiculous degree tear Hogan apart exactly? If anything, it makes Hogan look like a God.

Again, you don't play a heel by making a mockery of the match itself. That would be like a heel no-selling punches, and laughing at his opponent throwing them, because it's all phony. There is a difference between being an unprofessional prick, and being a heel.
                            Last edited by Heretic; 07-26-2014, 10:57 AM.

Comment

You're confusing things. What he was talking about was when Hogan apparently got mad at the Larry King sketch, when Micheals supposedly told Hogan all about it beforehand. He wasn't talking about himself acting a fool in the ring. How does overselling to a ridiculous degree tear Hogan apart exactly? If anything, it makes Hogan look like a God.

Again, you don't play a heel by making a mockery of the match itself. That would be like a heel no-selling punches, and laughing at his opponent throwing them, because it's all phony. There is a difference between being an unprofessional prick, and being a heel.

You really think Hogan looked like a god during that match? If you did, then you clearly don't understand what Shawn was doing. Match aside, Shawn didn't go out there and do anything that wasn't agreed upon before hand. Shawn in the 90's would have, but not reformed Christian Shawn, the guy with nothing to lie about and no reason to go into business for himself. What does he have to gain by going into business for himself? Nothing. He was asked to play a heel, and he did. Simple as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                                Justin Bieber, Kanye West and Miley Cyrus are all relevant now, so I honestly couldn't give a fuck if KISS was or wasn't.
                                Fuck: Justin Bieber
                                Marry: Miley Cyrus
                                Kill: Kanye West

Comment

Working...
                                X