Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blakelock View Post

You really think Hogan looked like a god during that match? If you did, then you clearly don't understand what Shawn was doing. Match aside, Shawn didn't go out there and do anything that wasn't agreed upon before hand. Shawn in the 90's would have, but not reformed Christian Shawn, the guy with nothing to lie about and no reason to go into business for himself. What does he have to gain by going into business for himself? Nothing. He was asked to play a heel, and he did. Simple as that.
    Are you that thick? What Shawn was doing was making a mockery of Hogan being "indestructable", because he was pissed that Hogan was going over. He didn't like it, so he decided to fuck the match up. He even came out the next night on RAW, and cut a sarcastic promo on Hogan, and how he was "quick as a cat", and just couldn't keep up with him. He was being a sarcastic prick. It was a shoot.

I wouldn't say he went into business for himself, because nobody came out looking good after that, but him destroying the match was his way of protesting Hogan going over. He never really got flack for it, because most fans agreed with him, including myself. Hogan was being selfish as usual, and Shawn threw it in his face in a very hilarious way.

Comment

• I always thought it was Shawn just being a dick in protest of Hogan winning, but if it was agreed upon hey whatever. It was funny and that's really all you could expect out of that match when Hogan was going to be typical Hogan: get worked the whole match and then power up and win. I remember the lead up to that match being so good too. Shawn really should have been allowed to go over, he was putting on great matches prior to that show.

I'd say Michaels came back even better than he was when he left, but I think there were better guys around for him to have feuds with. His feud with Edge was amazing.

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
      You see Cornette and Russo go at it on Twitter last week?

Russo: "Speaking of adult conversations. Why don't we have one so we can end this foolishness. Life is too short, Jim."

Cornette: "Some people's are not short enough--"

Didn't see it but that's awesome. Fuck Vince Russo.
      Last edited by lightzonlycast; 07-26-2014, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Now that I think back on it; the first pay-per-view I ever pestered my folks into ordering was Summerslam '91 and even though I haven't went back and scrutinized the Hart/Perfect Intercontinental Title Match recently I must say with absolute confidence how well it holds up as an authentic athletic competition (even though it wasn't, certain know nothing idiots) and it still has that big title bout feel almost like a big boxing match. That's how great it was.

It holds up much better than either of the 'Taker/HBK streak matches, mongoloids.
        Last edited by RayPuresoul; 07-26-2014, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Honestly, I don't like either of them. Hogan or HBK. And neither stood to lose future earnings by 2005.

But I could never believe Shawn's character going over certain bigger guys (in stature and/or rep) the same way I could Bret. Like I said to me Shawn looked like a total candyass who couldn't legit beat up Rikki Rocket without his big buddies holding the Poison keytar player down.

So it's a great testament to how well he got the superkick over as a flash finish when he did get catapulted into the main event.

Funny that somebody should mention Edge; I think he's at least one guy Sting was better than. I mean even if something like the Stinger Splash was an absolute joke compared to a ferocious looking spear that's a strike against Edge because his spear was a shitty tackle hug that disgraced wrestling every time he beat somebody with it.
          Last edited by RayPuresoul; 07-26-2014, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• Double post.
            Last edited by RayPuresoul; 07-26-2014, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• It was funny and that's really all you could expect out of that match when Hogan was going to be typical Hogan: get worked the whole match and then power up and win. I remember the lead up to that match being so good too. Shawn really should have been allowed to go over, he was putting on great matches prior to that show.

Orton was fine with that shit at the very next year's Summerslam and he was a guy on the way up. Why should Shawn have been allowed to go over exactly? Was Shawn a once-a-year attraction?

Besides since I mentioned draws when in the blue hell was Shawn ever as over as Crow Sting that sat in the rafters? The only anxiety over HBK ever winning or dropping a title was whether Vince would announce HBK had ruptured his anus in Vince's office prior to WM XIV thus he couldn't compete against Stone Cold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                Are you that thick? What Shawn was doing was making a mockery of Hogan being "indestructable", because he was pissed that Hogan was going over. He didn't like it, so he decided to fuck the match up. He even came out the next night on RAW, and cut a sarcastic promo on Hogan, and how he was "quick as a cat", and just couldn't keep up with him. He was being a sarcastic prick. It was a shoot.

I wouldn't say he went into business for himself, because nobody came out looking good after that, but him destroying the match was his way of protesting Hogan going over. He never really got flack for it, because most fans agreed with him, including myself. Hogan was being selfish as usual, and Shawn threw it in his face in a very hilarious way.
                Shit, I missed this earlier. But why exactly was Hogan being selfish? Not agreeing to put over a 40-year old HBK in a tentative rematch for the privilege of getting the big J-O-B from some little dildo who was never a top draw ever? That wasn't a big deal. Where was the money in Hogan and HBK trading off wins exactly?

Why isn't anybody livid in retrospect that at the next year's Summerslam dinosaur Hogan went over a 26-year old Orton? That was a steaming pile and counterintuitive booking decision by the WWE. Hogan should've missed his shitty legdrop and got taken out by the RKO.

HBK though? Fuck that fruit booty bonesmuggler.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayPuresoul View Post
                  It holds up much better than either of the 'Taker/HBK streak matches, mongoloids.
                  Originally posted by RayPuresoul View Post
                  Like I said to me Shawn looked like a total candyass who couldn't legit beat up Rikki Rocket without his big buddies holding the Poison keytar player down.
                  The only anxiety over HBK ever winning or dropping a title was whether Vince would announce HBK had ruptured his anus in Vince's office prior to WM XIV thus he couldn't compete against Stone Cold.
                  HBK though? Fuck that fruit booty bonesmuggler.
                  Have you considered taking your problems with HBK up with a therapist? I don't think it's healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                    Have you considered taking your problems with HBK up with a therapist? I don't think it's healthy.
                    Fair point but I would like a legit discussion about how the Taker/HBK streak matches hold up against Hart/Perfect Summerslam '91.

I just think he's a pussy looking guy who's clearly inferior to Savage, Hart, Rude, Steamboat, Flair and Stone Cold as characters/workers. Oh yeah, superior player Rock also apparently hates his guts too. It's very funny that his parishioners in this thread besides you (who I think knows damn well better) are kids born after '93 or '94. Damned yoofs and their unflinching belief in WWE DVD's.

Besides how fucking dumb is Sweet Chin Music as a finish? Asshole stamps his feet before delivering it.
                    Last edited by RayPuresoul; 07-27-2014, 03:52 AM.

Comment

but I would like a legit discussion about how the Taker/HBK streak matches hold up against Hart/Perfect Summerslam '91.
                      Hart Vs Perfect was a great match (I'm a big fan of both guys) but I don't really see the sense in comparison? They are from different eras and the Streak match was probably a good 10 minutes longer with a near 7ft wrestler that's 45 years old.

Also, I'm not saying those streak matches are my favorite or Michael's best if that's what you are assuming? I just think they are great matches.

I just think he's a pussy looking guy who's clearly inferior to Savage, Hart, Rude, Steamboat, Flair and Stone Cold as characters/workers. Oh yeah, superior player Rock also apparently hates his guts too.
                      Rock can hate his guts, others do too. Still doesn't take away from the fact he's a fantastic wrestler... and that's basically from the mouth of every wrestler including those you listed and your beloved Bret Hart. Where he ranks is a matter of opinion.

It's very funny that his parishioners in this thread besides you (who I think knows damn well better) are kids born after '93 or '94. Damned yoofs and their unflinching belief in WWE DVD's.
                      I know better about what exactly? And I'm a mongoloid for liking his Streak matches?

"Iíll be the first to say that I thought Taker vs. Shawn was the best match at WrestleMania, maybe one of the best matches Iíve seen in years. To a certain degree, I was proud of both of them. I never take away the fact that Shawn was a great wrestler and he did a lot of great stuff.Ē - Bret Hart

Guess Bret is a Mong as well .

And I don't know why you keep making false assumptions about people's age? Seems like a cheap way to debase someone's argument and is more a reflection on your maturity. I think Se7en is the only 90s child in this thread, not that it matters.

I'm still unsure what your argument is? That HBK is an asshole? (No one disagrees) That he's a bad wrestler? Or what?

I do like that you are spicing up the boards though and I love talking wrestling.

Comment

Fair point but I would like a legit discussion about how the Taker/HBK streak matches hold up against Hart/Perfect Summerslam '91.

I just think he's a pussy looking guy who's clearly inferior to Savage, Hart, Rude, Steamboat, Flair and Stone Cold as characters/workers. Oh yeah, superior player Rock also apparently hates his guts too. It's very funny that his parishioners in this thread besides you (who I think knows damn well better) are kids born after '93 or '94. Damned yoofs and their unflinching belief in WWE DVD's.

Besides how fucking dumb is Sweet Chin Music as a finish? Asshole stamps his feet before delivering it.
                        Why are we only talking about the Taker/Michaels streak matches? They had plenty of good matches in '97, most notably the Hell in a Cell.

Your entire argument for not liking Michaels is he was an asshole with an asshole look and a goofy finisher. Mick Foley stuffed a gym sock in dudes' mouths, I think that qualifies as one hundred times more goofy. On top of that the sweet chin music always looked like it did some damage. It was better than a lot of other finishers simply based on the fact that it's a dude kicking another dude in the fucking face.

People liked Michaels because he was a more athletic dude than the other guys the WWF had at the time. The same thing happened when the Hardy Boyz came onto the scene; people had never seen guys jumping off of giant ladders and shit and it was awesome.

Comment

• Micheals was an asshole. Micheals' gimmick was kind of gay. Micheals was one of the greatest workers of all time, and is looked upon as the GOAT by a lot of his peers.

Comment

• Originally posted by lightzonlycast View Post
                            People liked Michaels because he was a more athletic dude than the other guys the WWF had at the time. The same thing happened when the Hardy Boyz came onto the scene; people had never seen guys jumping off of giant ladders and shit and it was awesome.
                            Yeah got to admit when the hardy boyz began, that is when i took alot more notice, they were height of conversation in my school especially after 2000's royal rumble which has to be my favorite match.

Comment

Besides since I mentioned draws when in the blue hell was Shawn ever as over as Crow Sting that sat in the rafters?
                              Depends on how you look at it. Sting had the benefit of being the guy to terrorize the NWO. You could've put Hugh Morris in that spot, and he'd have been over as shit too.

I really don't put too much stock into theatrics though(or what WCW fans liked). Sting's best known for standing in the rafters and pointing a bat a people. Shawn Micheals is best known for having some of the greatest matches of all time. Shawn Micheals is Mr. Wrestlemania. Sting is that guy who dressed as the crow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                                Micheals' gimmick was kind of gay.
                                I agree with this unfortunately.....HBK's gimmick up until DX was worse than Val Venus's

Comment

Working...
                                X