Connect with us

News

‘Batman: The Long Halloween’ Artist Tim Sale Has Passed Away

Published

on

We’ve learned the sad news this afternoon that Eisner Award-winning comics artist Tim Sale, who co-created Batman: The Long Halloween, has passed away this week at the age of 66.

“It’s with a heavy sadness that I must announce that Tim Sale passed away today,” a tweet sent this afternoon from Tim Sale’s official Twitter account lets the world know. “He passed with the love of his life beside him, and loves all of you very much. Please share photos and stories under this post, as we hope to share them with the community.”

Working alongside frequent partner Jeph Loeb, Tim Sale did the artwork for the popular Batman: The Long Halloween series, a 13-issue run released between 1996 and 1997. The beloved Batman story was adapted into a two-part animated movie by DC just last year.

Other notable superhero comics drawn by Tim Sale span DC and Marvel and include Batman: Haunted Knight, Batman: Dark Victory, Superman for All Seasons, Superman Confidential, Catwoman: When in Rome, Daredevil: Yellow, Spider-Man: Blue, and Hulk: Gray.

Tim Sale is a true legend in the comic book industry, today and forever more, considered by many Batman fans to be the best artist to ever bring the Caped Crusader to life. All of us here at Bloody Disgusting send our deepest condolences to Sale’s friends, family, and colleagues.

Writer in the horror community since 2008. Editor in Chief of Bloody Disgusting. Owns Eli Roth's prop corpse from Piranha 3D. Has four awesome cats. Still plays with toys.

News

One of Clive Barker’s Final Convention Appearances Will Be at New Jersey’s Monster Mania in August

Published

on

Clive Barker

We told you earlier this month that horror legend Clive Barker is leaving the convention scene behind to focus entirely on his writing, with various upcoming projects in the works.

A series of final appearances from Barker will begin at Days of the Dead Chicago this month, and we’ve learned Barker will also be coming to Monster Mania in New Jersey.

Clive Barker will be signing at Monster Mania 59 in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, which runs from August 2 – August 4, 2024. Stay tuned for more info from the convention.

Barker’s official statement earlier this month explained, “… it’s time to focus entirely on writing. I’m not stopping public events because I’ve lost delight in meeting you all over the years. I’m as passionate as ever about sharing my imagination with readers and moviegoers around the world. In the very room where I’m writing these words, I have the manuscripts for a very large number of projects (Thirty-one of them), some very close to completion, others still telling themselves. There are some wild projects in this collection of works, whether close to finished or done. There are also stories that you all knew I would be finishing.”

“Abarat IV and V are amongst the books at my feet,” he continued. “So is the Third and final book of The Art and the sequel to The Thief of Always. There are also return visits to characters and mythologies you may have thought I would never return to.

“I hope I am still able to surprise you in the decades ahead.”

Continue Reading