Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official UFC/MMA Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by sleestak

    While I admit I am a bigger fan of Royce and I also think Hughes is a douchebag, I still have to admit, I think Hughes is totally going to kick his ass. Hughes is younger, MUCH stronger, a MUCH better striker, faster and equally as smart as Gracie.
    I believe you will be right especially with all the new rules. BBJ is alot of just lying around waiting for your opponent to make a mistake so when it goes to the ground things need to happen quick or they will just continue to be stood up where I believe Hughes to be a much better striker.

    Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by sleestak

      Also, I totally agree with AA going to pride. The heavyweight division in the UFC is terrible. Pride has some badass heavyweights. No one really knows how good Arlovski is because he hasn't really been contested too much. A lot of people think he'll be a little fish in a big pond in pride, but we'll see.

      and thats my two cents.
      Well I totally agree with that. UFC doesn't have many heavyweights of any merritt at the moment outside of AA. I'd love to see him go to PRIDE mainly because he'll get paid big time over there and we'll see some great matches. AA is a beast total beast.
      "I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

      - Frankenstein's Monster.

      Comment


      • #18
        also, to add to my point about the Hughes/Gracie fight:

        Hughes doesn't make many mistakes
        http://showcase.netins.net/web/teampony

        "Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
        ~ Marcus Aurelius

        Comment


        • #19
          So what did you guys think of the first episode of UF3? I love how there aren't any competitions anymore and that it's just fighting. It's only episode one but Shamrock's training seems a bit outdated. Anyway great start to the new season.

          What do you guys think?
          "I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

          - Frankenstein's Monster.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Severn
            So what did you guys think of the first episode of UF3? I love how there aren't any competitions anymore and that it's just fighting. It's only episode one but Shamrock's training seems a bit outdated. Anyway great start to the new season.

            What do you guys think?
            I liked it alot and agree with you on Shamrocks training. It is really strange some of the stuff he was doing. I love the coinflip decides who calls the fight. Much better then pointless competitions. Looks like it will be a great season.

            Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by SlayerX
              I liked it alot and agree with you on Shamrocks training. It is really strange some of the stuff he was doing. I love the coinflip decides who calls the fight. Much better then pointless competitions. Looks like it will be a great season.
              Ken's temper seems to be getting the better of him in the next episode. Gonna be a great season!
              "I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

              - Frankenstein's Monster.

              Comment


              • #22
                I don't know if it's because of the editing but Tito seems like a pretty nice, genuine guy.
                http://showcase.netins.net/web/teampony

                "Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
                ~ Marcus Aurelius

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by sleestak
                  I don't know if it's because of the editing but Tito seems like a pretty nice, genuine guy.
                  It would be cool if he were but I still think it is the editing. I guess we will see more as the epidsodes continue.

                  Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Right now Lidell, Arlovski and Hughes are the shit and dont see them losing to any one any time soon.A s well as the spanish kid who stood with Robbie Lawlor and knocked him out, in forgot his name but think he trains with the Gracies.

                    As for Ortiz I never liked that shit talking punk, and loved when he tried to stand with Lidell, cause he got his shit rocked, same with Vernon " Tiger" Williams.

                    Shramrocks days are done as are R.Gracies.

                    Up and coming Forrest Griffin, David Louasseo ( The black guy with them elbows ), George St.Pierre.

                    Another one of my favorites was Vitor Bellfort, dude is fucking lightinineg quick man.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Hilti De-walt
                      A s well as the spanish kid who stood with Robbie Lawlor and knocked him out, in forgot his name but think he trains with the Gracies.
                      You're thinking of Nick Diaz and in my opinion he's nowhere near the same league as those you mentioned before him. Yeah he got a lucky KO on lawler, but that happens and he let it get to his head.
                      http://showcase.netins.net/web/teampony

                      "Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
                      ~ Marcus Aurelius

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Hilti De-walt
                        Right now Lidell, Arlovski and Hughes are the shit and dont see them losing to any one any time soon.

                        Shramrocks days are done as are R.Gracies.

                        Another one of my favorites was Vitor Bellfort, dude is fucking lightinineg quick man.

                        1) They are all good so long as they stay in UFC. I love Chuck but Rampage fucked him up in Pride.

                        2) Ken's day's are probably done. Frank is still good. I dunno about Royce. I wouldn't count him out.

                        3)Vitor was awesome years ago when he first busted out. I don't think he's as good now.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by BloodySouth
                          1) They are all good so long as they stay in UFC. I love Chuck but Rampage fucked him up in Pride.

                          2) Ken's day's are probably done. Frank is still good. I dunno about Royce. I wouldn't count him out.

                          3)Vitor was awesome years ago when he first busted out. I don't think he's as good now.
                          Love Frank Shamrock and I'd love to see someone in UFC with that type of charisma and shit talking ability. Vitor is fun to watch but there seems to be a formula to it.
                          "I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

                          - Frankenstein's Monster.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by lord gore
                            He meant Frank not Ken.Frank versus Rich would be a much better fight,id pick Frank to win though.
                            not me, Rich would destroy Frank Shamrock...badly

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by sleestak
                              Have a few unrelated points to make...

                              On TUF3 how much of the beef between shamrock and tito do you think is for real? I mean I know they hated each other in the past and that was real, but I start to doubt the hatred when it equals ratings. I just saw a teaser on SpikeTV with them having to be held back from brawling by their respective teams. That's pretty lame for 2 coaches to be doing that. Especially because of the precedent that was set by Hughes/Franklin and Couture/Liddell, which is to act like a professional..
                              im sure there is some added drama for ratings...but there is no doubt they hate each other...how could you not hate Tito?

                              Originally posted by sleestak
                              Also, I totally agree with AA going to pride. The heavyweight division in the UFC is terrible. Pride has some badass heavyweights. No one really knows how good Arlovski is because he hasn't really been contested too much. A lot of people think he'll be a little fish in a big pond in pride, but we'll see.

                              and thats my two cents.
                              rightnow there are no good heavyweights, but when Andre first came to the ufc he was tested and lost to great fighters like Pedro Rizzo and Ricco Rodriguez...even though Silvia ko'd him in later fights. But Andre will not be beaten until in the ufc until he gets old and someone with as much ferocity as he does and is younger and faster. So yeah, he needs to go to pride...but pride needs to use smaller gloves.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                was anyone upset with the decision for the Bonnar vs Jardine fight? Jardine is one of my favorite fighters and he did great in this fight, yet Bonnar won...ugh..i have nothing against Bonnar but i think he lost. oh well Bonnar got a nice kick to the face by Jardine

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X