The Official UFC/MMA Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
    I agree. You figure Weidman will take him down both of the first two rounds, start getting relaxed in the fight and Silva will kick him in the face.
    I'll think he'll tko him with knees/punches in the 3/4th .. I agree Silva will deff lose a round or two.

He's fought sub par competition in the last year with Bonnar and Sonnan .. It's about time he's half challenged.

Comment

• Originally posted by dead breed View Post
      I'll think he'll tko him with knees/punches in the 3/4th .. I agree Silva will deff lose a round or two.

He's fought sub par competition in the last year with Bonnar and Sonnan .. It's about time he's half challenged.
      Is Weidman really that much of a challenge though? He's basically a rookie, who's two most notable wins are over Maia and Munoz.

Silva won't break a sweat against this kid.

Comment

• Overeem injured.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/3/6/...nst-junior-dos

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
          Yeah, he's so "injured", he's probably shrunk down to 205, because he can't "train". Fuck Overoid. I hope he never fights in the UFC again.

They should give Hunt a shot at JDS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
            Is Weidman really that much of a challenge though? He's basically a rookie, who's two most notable wins are over Maia and Munoz.

Silva won't break a sweat against this kid.
            I think it has the potential to get ugly fast, but as long as Weidman doesn't get too cute and gets to the ground quick, he might have a shot at keeping Silva's fists out of his mouth. But yeah, Weidman doesn't have a full resume, though it's not stopping him from talking.

Comment

• JDS would of won anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                Yeah, he's so "injured", he's probably shrunk down to 205, because he can't "train". Fuck Overoid. I hope he never fights in the UFC again.
                Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                JDS would of won anyways.
                It would have been nice to see though. In retrospect, how did anyone not think Overeem roided up.

This is how he looked in 2005 for K-1 (getting his ass kicked).

[YOUTUBE]Yg_mT6wgZJM[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• War GSP!!

I hope Hendricks wins .. But I have a feeling Condit will decision him.

Comment

War GSP!!
                    I think it will be a typical GSP decision, but part of me wants Diaz to win, just to see Dana's facial expression as he puts the title around his waist. We might see the first death in the ring, when Dana suffers a heart-attack just thinking about having to deal with this punk as champion.

I hope Hendricks wins .. But I have a feeling Condit will decision him.
                    Man, Hendricks looks like a friggin' midget next to Condit.

I think Condit will win, simply because Hendricks is looking past him. We've seen it time and time again, with guys calling champions out before they actually have a title shot, failing to keep their mind at the task at hand, and getting destroyed.

Hendricks is getting humbled.

Comment

• I don't normally do this but I'm gonna throw out some predictions for tomorrow night.

GSP via decision - he will stand with Diaz and will mix in some takedowns if he starts to feel uncomfortable on the feet, where he will control Diaz on the ground and land some effective ground and pound. I honestly think Diaz's boxing is overrated and GSP has a great jab he could do some damage with.

Condit via decision - Condit is the best all round striker Hendricks will have faced in the UFC, I see Carlos using his reach to land strikes while staying away from Hendricks' dangerous left hand. Possibly a late TKO for Condit if he catches Johny.

Comment

• Wasn't too bad. So glad GSP got the win, and it'll be even better if Diaz does retire. I can't believe he went after him in the first 3 rounds AFTER the ref had called time. Such a cunt.

Loved Johny Hendricks' match, what an awesome fight to watch. It was good seeing they had a lot of respect for one another too. Talk about bulls at a gate.
                        "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                        Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                        My little idiot..

Comment

• I'm glad Hendricks won!!! He'll pose problems for GSP.

Comment

I'm glad Hendricks won!!! He'll pose problems for GSP.
                            I'm not overly sure. I'm no Hendricks know it all, but from that awesome fight, I'm going to assume he is more of a stander.

Problem with GSP is he is just so damn good at everything, and when he knows an opponent is really strong in one area, it doesn't at all damage his odds by just shutting that aspect of the fight down.
                            "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                            My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
                              I'm not overly sure. I'm no Hendricks know it all, but from that awesome fight, I'm going to assume he is more of a stander.

Problem with GSP is he is just so damn good at everything, and when he knows an opponent is really strong in one area, it doesn't at all damage his odds by just shutting that aspect of the fight down.
                              Hendricks is a pretty good wrestler .. I'd like to see him wrestle GSP.

Comment

I'd like to see him wrestle GSP.
                                Why doesn't that shock me.

My little idiot..

Comment

Working...
                                X