The Official UFC/MMA Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official UFC/MMA Thread

Ok, for those of you who like REAL fighting with REAL bad asses this is the thread for anything to do with the MMA. Lets see if this site has any fight fans or if its just loaded with pro wrestling fanboys who like their action scripted and cheesed out. Yeah I said it.

I for one cant wait to see Royce Gracie vs Matt Hughes! And I hope Forrest Griffin mauls Tito Ortiz in UFC 59!

Originally posted by Tonyblast
    Ok, for those of you who like REAL fighting with REAL bad asses this is the thread for anything to do with the MMA. Lets see if this site has any fight fans or if its just loaded with pro wrestling fanboys who like their action scripted and cheesed out. Yeah I said it.

I for one cant wait to see Royce Gracie vs Matt Hughes! And I hope Forrest Griffin mauls Tito Ortiz in UFC 59!
    I saw the USA/Canada UFC PPV and it was ok. Man I knew Georges St. Pierre was a bad boy but after a rough first round he tied up BJ Penn for the next two rounds. Now Georges has to go against Matt (or I guess the winner of Matt and Gracie -not sure how that works out). Franklin was on the ball (even after he got rocked in that second or third round. He's at his peak right now, no doubt about that).

You're not the only guy who wishes for a quick KO in that Griffin/Ortiz fight. Hope Griffin knocks the peroxide out of his head.
    "I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

- Frankenstein's Monster.

Comment

Yeah, USA vs Canada was alright. I wish they would show more of the prelim fights though. They cut out like three or four fights on pay-per-view. And I actually thought St. Pierre/Penn was way too close to give it to Georges. If anything, it was a draw. I dont think those takedowns overshadowed the beating he took in the first two rounds. Sure the first round was all Penn, but the second round he caught Georges a few good times.

Cant wait for the next one! Arlovski wins ko in the first rnd. Griffin wins by decision.

Comment

Yeah, USA vs Canada was alright. I wish they would show more of the prelim fights though. They cut out like three or four fights on pay-per-view. And I actually thought St. Pierre/Penn was way too close to give it to Georges. If anything, it was a draw. I dont think those takedowns overshadowed the beating he took in the first two rounds. Sure the first round was all Penn, but the second round he caught Georges a few good times.

Cant wait for the next one! Arlovski wins ko in the first rnd. Griffin wins by decision.
        I say it's a KO on both counts.
        "I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

Comment

ortiz is too good for griffin...they're not even on the same level...ortiz will by tko due to gnp
          imo bj won the fight..gsp got his ass kicked
          gracie will get beaten..hughes is just too damn good...hughes will take gracie down take quite a beating before the fight will get stopped
          Arlovsky doesnt belong in the ufc...he should go to pride and get some competition...some say that pride made him an offer and that he'll go to pride when his contract is up. His fight with sylvia will end like the 1st fight except this time it'll end by tko and not sub
          My DVD's

sig by Shadowbreedz

Comment

Originally posted by Blodulv
            ortiz is too good for griffin...they're not even on the same level...ortiz will by tko due to gnp
            imo bj won the fight..gsp got his ass kicked
            gracie will get beaten..hughes is just too damn good...hughes will take gracie down take quite a beating before the fight will get stopped
            Arlovsky doesnt belong in the ufc...he should go to pride and get some competition...some say that pride made him an offer and that he'll go to pride when his contract is up. His fight with sylvia will end like the 1st fight except this time it'll end by tko and not sub
            interesting thoughts. I knda agree with ortiz/griffin but I also think griffin aint no bitch that will give in to his weak attack. everything else I completely agree.

Comment

ortiz hasnt fought in quite a while though...while griffin has been pretty active so if ortiz is out of shape at all or has ring rust he might lose.

i'd really like to see Frank shamrock back in the ufc...have him fight rich franklin or something.
              My DVD's

sig by Shadowbreedz

Comment

Originally posted by Blodulv

i'd really like to see Frank shamrock back in the ufc...have him fight rich franklin or something.
                Franklin already beat the shit out of Shamrock...dont need to see that again. Ken has seen his day. Im waiting to see Royce come back.

Comment

Franklin already beat the shit out of Shamrock...dont need to see that again. Ken has seen his day. Im waiting to see Royce come back.
                  He meant Frank not Ken.Frank versus Rich would be a much better fight,id pick Frank to win though.

Comment

Originally posted by lord gore
                    He meant Frank not Ken.Frank versus Rich would be a much better fight,id pick Frank to win though.
                    Frank looked good against Gracie (I forget which one but not Hoyce) in a recent match. He's insane and could push MMA here in the US to new heights -he's got personality that screams MONEY!

Comment

Fuck Tito. I wanna see Tito fight Vanderlei Silva again. I seriously don't think it'll go to the scorecards if there ever is a next time.

Comment

Have a few unrelated points to make...

On TUF3 how much of the beef between shamrock and tito do you think is for real? I mean I know they hated each other in the past and that was real, but I start to doubt the hatred when it equals ratings. I just saw a teaser on SpikeTV with them having to be held back from brawling by their respective teams. That's pretty lame for 2 coaches to be doing that. Especially because of the precedent that was set by Hughes/Franklin and Couture/Liddell, which is to act like a professional.

and second, there are 3 big matches coming up that most people think are going to be blowouts. These three matches are:

Silvia vs Arlovski
                        Griffin vs Ortiz
                        Hughes vs Gracie

I just wanted to make a prediction that I think Forrest Griffin has a legitimate chance and is going to win by ref stoppage.

I think Silvia will make it to round 2 with AA, but will then get submitted. I have Hughes winning in Round 1 by ground and pound.

Also, I totally agree with AA going to pride. The heavyweight division in the UFC is terrible. Pride has some badass heavyweights. No one really knows how good Arlovski is because he hasn't really been contested too much. A lot of people think he'll be a little fish in a big pond in pride, but we'll see.

and thats my two cents.
                        http://showcase.netins.net/web/teampony

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
                        ~ Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I would definitely like to see AA try his hand at Pride. You never know what could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by sleestak
                            3 big matches coming up that most people think are going to be blowouts. These three matches are:

Silvia vs Arlovski
                            Griffin vs Ortiz
                            Hughes vs Gracie
                            Arlovski dominated Silvia last time they fought and will do so again

I hope that Griffin demolishes Ortiz. They guy has way too big of a mouth and it needs to be shut

Im oldschool UFC (Been involved in MMA for 10 years) and hope that Gracie destroys Hughes. I cant stand that arrogant little Barney Rubble lookalike Hughes.

Ultimate Fighter 3 starts tomorrow night after UFC fightnight on Spike TV tomorrow night. Should be entertaining seeing as Ortiz and Shammrock are the coaches.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

I am also old school UFC. In fact I was opposed to the new breed of the UFC with the extra rules and weight classes but it grew on me.

The one thing I have to admit is that the fighters these days are much more well rounded and prepared to fight in the UFC.

Royce was a ground fighter who would take advantages of his opponent's mistakes, and keep them unlethal until they did. This could sometimes take 20 minutes of just laying on the ground. With the new 5 minute rounds, and with the refs now standing them up if there's not much activity, that seriously puts Royce at a disadvantage, not to mention not being able to use his Gi anymore. Also, Royce was fighting a lot of guys who had absolutely no ground game at all.

While I admit I am a bigger fan of Royce and I also think Hughes is a douchebag, I still have to admit, I think Hughes is totally going to kick his ass. Hughes is younger, MUCH stronger, a MUCH better striker, faster and equally as smart as Gracie.
                              Last edited by sleestak; 04-05-2006, 10:18 PM.
                              http://showcase.netins.net/web/teampony

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."
                              ~ Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Working...
                              X