2012 NFL Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robcbh View Post
    I would still put some faith in Moore to produce some wins man. I know youre not high on him, but from the turn around he produced last year for them (For better or worse) he showed he can at least compete. Although i dont know hes ganna be throwing the ball to.
    I think i'll give Matt Flynn a fair chance, since there's really nothing much else to cheer for. Hopefully his past performances were not a fluke.
    Last edited by Iggy; 03-16-2012, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArchVile99 View Post
      Um.

Wow.
      I should've stopped reading his subsequent posts for those are minutes of my life I'll never get back.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
      Jurassic World - 7/10
      Speed - 8.5/10
      John Wick - 9.5/10
      The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
      Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
        I should've stopped reading his subsequent posts for those are minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Um.....wonder if there's any credence to this...

EDIT: Arizona is out of the Manning chase.

EDIT: Manning reportedly wants his new deal to be as huge as his last one.
        Last edited by ArchVile99; 03-16-2012, 02:10 PM.
        And you can call your gang, your posse and the rest of your crew.
        And while you're at it get them addicts and the indigent too.
        I plan to have a whole army by the time that I'm through
        to load their guns with songs they haven't sung

Comment

• Peyton worked out for the Niners? Why would he diss Marshall only to throw to Moss? This is clearly a stunt to up the bids.

Comment

• Per usual, San Diego is cheap, and it appears Mike Tolbert is headed to talk with PIT and CAR.

A potentially solid pickup for the Steelers, who appear to be the favorite to land him. Although I know they're in a bit of cap trouble, so we'll see.

I'd much rather go to PIT over CAR if I were Tolbert. Unless he's cool with goal-line packages and 3rd Down work.

Comment

• Who likes Tom Brady.

Patriots FTW!

Comment

• Looks like Tolbert's agent was talking out of his ass (as they often do) 'cause Steelers brass said there's no plans for a workout or meeting with him. Unless they're lying. (as teams often do)

Also, it appears Manning is very likely SF bound. He worked out with Harbaugh. He completed a physical for the team, and reports are that SF management wasn't letting him leave w/out a contract offer. He still has to complete discussions w/ TEN, but according to Steve Young, (take it for what its worth, I've always thought him a class act and the anti-blowhard) SF planned this all along. Let the "pretenders" exhaust themselves, and possibly Manning, before swooping in with the best possible scenario at the last minute.

AKA: Closing time.

There really is no better fit for him. And SF still has not negotiated an extension with Alex Smith. There are also reports that Smith is looking for a new agent, as he is repped by the same firm that reps Manning.

I'm too drunk to cite links for all of this. You guys know by now my info is good.

Comment

• http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

LLoyd and Gonzalez to patriots, Nice
                  All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

Comment

Looks like Tolbert's agent was talking out of his ass (as they often do) 'cause Steelers brass said there's no plans for a workout or meeting with him. Unless they're lying. (as teams often do)

Also, it appears Manning is very likely SF bound. He worked out with Harbaugh. He completed a physical for the team, and reports are that SF management wasn't letting him leave w/out a contract offer. He still has to complete discussions w/ TEN, but according to Steve Young, (take it for what its worth, I've always thought him a class act and the anti-blowhard) SF planned this all along. Let the "pretenders" exhaust themselves, and possibly Manning, before swooping in with the best possible scenario at the last minute.

AKA: Closing time.

There really is no better fit for him. And SF still has not negotiated an extension with Alex Smith. There are also reports that Smith is looking for a new agent, as he is repped by the same firm that reps Manning.

I'm too drunk to cite links for all of this. You guys know by now my info is good.
                    Thank you, Archvile 99, known to most as ESPN SportsCenter.

If Manny does go to the Niner's, Miami might be in the hunt for A. Smith.
                    Originally posted by Robcbh View Post
                    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Gonzalez? Isn't he rather slow and injury-prone? I dislike it.

Comment

• Manningham is now a Niner.

Looks like they're trying to stack the deck a bit.

Originally posted by Robcbh View Post
                      More of NE doing what they do best, sliding in to snatch up other team's cast-offs, likely to make them productive members of NFL society.

Watch Gonzalez end up a nice 3rd or 4th WR for them. And Lloyd took a pay cut to sign with NE, (reportedly $12m over 3 years) so he's ready for a change. Could play to the level of being quite a bargain.

Now, lets see what they do with those 87 draft picks they always seem to have.

EDIT:: Schefter reporting Alex Smith is visiting......wait for it.....

....the Miami Dolphins.
                      Last edited by ArchVile99; 03-18-2012, 06:12 AM.

Comment

• I had a feeling Miami would sniff Smith's jock while they were on Peyton's trail. Still hope they sign Flynn, though.

Comment

EDIT:: Schefter reporting Alex Smith is visiting......wait for it.....

....the Miami Dolphins.
                          I agree with Heathen. I hope they go for Flynn. Alex Smith isn't the answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heathen View Post

Gonzalez? Isn't he rather slow and injury-prone? I dislike it.
                            Like AV said, hell be a 3rd or 4th Wr option. That will put him less in a position of being injured. If he stays health hell be a nice addition, and Im sure he didnt sign to a mega-deal.

Originally posted by ArchVile99 View Post
                            Manningham is now a Niner.

Looks like they're trying to stack the deck a bit.
                            I like the contrasting styles of how Miami and the 49ers are trying to lure a high profile free-agent.
                            Miami: Get rid of their best WR.
                            49ers: Add a superbowl hero WR, on top of Crabtree, on top of their all pro tight-end

Oh Miami.....

More of NE doing what they do best, sliding in to snatch up other team's cast-offs, likely to make them productive members of NFL society.

Watch Gonzalez end up a nice 3rd or 4th WR for them. And Lloyd took a pay cut to sign with NE, (reportedly $12m over 3 years) so he's ready for a change. Could play to the level of being quite a bargain.

Now, lets see what they do with those 87 draft picks they always seem to have.
                            Lloyd could be a great pick up. He already knows the system and had break out years under said system.BUT now he will be thrown to by an all-time QB instead of Orten or Bradford.

As for the draft, i hope they dont move down. They dont need to make any splashes, but Tom Brady isnt getting any younger and it makes no sense to continue to save for the future when we have a great chance to win now.
                            All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

Comment

• Not a 'Niners fan, but Moss, Manningham, and maybe Manning throwing to them along with there tight-end. (on the tip of my tongue. Can't see his name now) With that young explosive defense and in a weak division.
                              Have to be favorites to win SB
                              sigpic
                              Is going CRAZY!

Comment

• Looking more and more likely that Wallace will be a Steeler this year And from an on the field standpoint yeah, the Niners are the best fit for Manning. If that deal does happen they'd have to be the favorites to win the NFC.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                                Jurassic World - 7/10
                                Speed - 8.5/10
                                John Wick - 9.5/10
                                The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                                Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Working...
                                X