Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NFL Prediction Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
    c'mon, y'all, without commenting on what type of person ray lewis is, on the field, as a player, the dude is top flight, has been for years, and has demonstrated durability, longevity, and football smarts. again, he may be a total ass off the field, but he is easily a hall of fame player, and one of the best, hardest hitting lb's to ever play.
    Yeah he was good but 9 of his years he was under 100 tackles that is not hall of fame worthy and averaged less than 4 sacks a season! Plus he only started 16 games 8 years of his career the rest he was either partially injured or took time off.

    He didn't change the game was he good yes but so is Brian Urlacher you wouldn't say he's hall worthy ?
    Last edited by Freddy_Lives; 01-29-2013, 07:22 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
      Yeah he was good but 8 of his years he was under 100 tackles that is not hall of fame worthy and averaged less than 4 sacks a season! Plus he only started 16 games 8 years of his career the rest he was either partially injured or took time off.

      He didn't change the game was he good yes but so is Brian Urlacher you wouldn't say he's hall worthy ?
      8 of his years? meaning ten of those years he was over 100 tackles? were those numbers during heavily injured years? and how many picks, sacks, and fumble recoveries/forced fumbles does he have? i don't know the exact numbers, but i know they're excellent, even stellar for a player at his position. he has anchored one of the nfl's most notorious and feared defenses (i know they've been slipping the last four or five years, but ask tom brady if he thinks they're any good) of the last twenty years. as many great players have been on the defense, ray has seen em all. and have you watched him? he's a beast. he's better than brian urlacher, although i think brian is very good. but talk to me in five years if urlacher is still playing, and we'll see where his hall of fame aspirations are at. again, i'm not trying to be an apologist for the man, but he is a great football player.

      2015 all-genre draft
      1. hero at large (1980)
      2. mystery men (1999)
      3. super (2010)
      4. the return of swamp thing (1989)
      5. batman returns (1992)
      6, spider-man strikes back (197
      7. the specials (2000)
      8. darkman (1990)
      9. supergirl (1984)
      10. defendor (2009)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
        8 of his years? meaning ten of those years he was over 100 tackles? were those numbers during heavily injured years? and how many picks, sacks, and fumble recoveries/forced fumbles does he have? i don't know the exact numbers, but i know they're excellent, even stellar for a player at his position.
        Uhh i'm saying half of his career is mediocre this is his 17th year and London Fletcher in 15 years has the almost exact stats PLUS played in every game of every year he has played NEVER missed a game.

        London has only appeared in 3 pro-bowls tell me how Ray Lewis deserves all the praise stat wise ?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
          8 of his years?
          Sorry actually 9 years of his career he was under 100.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
            Uhh i'm saying half of his career is mediocre this is his 17th year and London Fletcher in 15 years has the almost exact stats PLUS played in every game of every year he has played NEVER missed a game.

            London has only appeared in 3 pro-bowls tell me how Ray Lewis deserves all the praise stat wise ?
            This is interesting, it only proves the point that when one layer is a loud mouth braggart he will receive way more acclaim than a player that is equally as good, but humble.
            All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Robcbh View Post
              This is interesting, it only proves the point that when one layer is a loud mouth braggart he will receive way more acclaim than a player that is equally as good, but humble.
              Exactly! London never had a dominate defense behind him like Ray does granted London played on some great defensive teams but never consistent like Ray did especially with pro-bowl defensive tackles.

              Zach Thomas,Sam Mills,Ken Norton,Mo Lewis,Donnie Edwards all have similar stats to Ray Lewis not a single one in the Hall Of Fame.

              Comment


              • i never said london fletcher wasn't an awesome, hall of fame player. jeez you guys. just cus he plays for the redskins doesn't mean i don't respect how awesome he is. but part of london's problem, excepting the superbowl years with the rams early in his career and last year, he's played for shit teams. but folks in the know know he's great.

                2015 all-genre draft
                1. hero at large (1980)
                2. mystery men (1999)
                3. super (2010)
                4. the return of swamp thing (1989)
                5. batman returns (1992)
                6, spider-man strikes back (197
                7. the specials (2000)
                8. darkman (1990)
                9. supergirl (1984)
                10. defendor (2009)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                  just cus he plays for the redskins doesn't mean i don't respect how awesome he is. but part of london's problem, excepting the superbowl years with the rams early in his career and last year, he's played for shit teams. but folks in the know know he's great.
                  I agree but what i'm saying is in no way shape or form as much as I like London do I think he is hall worthy so why the hell would Ray be?
                  Last edited by Freddy_Lives; 01-29-2013, 09:04 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Anyone see the Ray Lewis interview today??? Him smirking being accused of cheating he looked so guilty I would bet my life on it.

                    Comment


                    • I picked 49ers last year to win the Suberbowl when they lost last year and now my pick is becoming reality. Ravens wont win with so many problems revolving around them. Lewis being accused of deer antler juice(?),Ed Reed wanintg more attention by talking about how much he wants to become a Pat and let's not forget Fluko!
                      Cinema Junkyard

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by floyd2006 View Post
                        I picked 49ers last year to win the Suberbowl when they lost last year and now my pick is becoming reality. Ravens wont win with so many problems revolving around them. Lewis being accused of deer antler juice(?),Ed Reed wanintg more attention by talking about how much he wants to become a Pat and let's not forget Fluko!
                        Is it bad that I hate both teams ha ha I will watch the superbowl of course but this year is a stinker in my eyes.

                        Comment


                        • Sacks don't really mean jackshit when applied to middle linebackers. Lewis plays a totally different position than a coked-up demon pass rusher like LT or currently Ware or Harrison.

                          But using Mike Singletary as a gauge he only had 19 sacks and 7 INT's compared to Lewis's 41.5 sacks and 31 INT's. Actually, I bet you'll find few ILB's that have as many as Lewis's 41.5 sacks. I also doubt there are very many LB's that have more than Lewis's 31 picks.

                          The same fuckers that voted Lewis an All-Pro 7 times are going to be the same ones voting him into the Hall Of The Fame. Singletary was also surrounded by a half dozen great defensive players in his prime but nobody ever questioned his greatness. You can individually decide whether these guys were catalysts or just warm bodies. I'll go out on a limb and believe that Lewis wasn't getting all these All Pro distinctions by accident.

                          Personally, I don't give a shit if Lewis fell down on a sharpened dildo and got splinters up his ass. I really hate all this hallelujah farewell tour bullshit too. But deciding a player is average or no better than a dozen other guys because you loathe the guy is taking it a bit far.

                          I mean guys like Norton and Thomas, while very good players, aren't even a pimple on Lewis's dickhead. Pro Bowl defensive tackles? Are we going all the way back to 2000? Adams; yes. Siragusa? Fat piece of lardbucket shit parked in the middle of the defense that was the real beneficiary of being surrounded by all that Ravens talent. Besides Lewis and Reed have been the constants on that Ravens defense. Dozens of other players have came and went; they've remained and the defense has stayed one of the best in the league.

                          As for the cheating, who knows how many of these fuckers are really clean? All the USC backers like Cushing and Matthews have certainly been juicing or doing whatever else for quite a while; only the former has gotten caught yet.

                          It's no accident that Lewis has been in the middle of the defense that besides the Steelers has been the most consistent in the league going on a dozen years now.

                          The Ravens are only in my B tier of most hated teams a notch below the Gnomes, Eagles, Patsies, Steelers and 9ers. Needless to say I'll be rooting for them as hard as I was for them to take down the Patsies. Though I'm obligated to hate the team itself, I actually love the way the 9ers have built from the inside out spending a bunch of early picks on O-line. I also like that Harbaugh was brash enough of a bastard to make a late season QB change. I think he's the modern equivalent to Jimmy Johnson. But fuck the 9ers. Although at least if they won and got their 6th it would make Jerry Jones feel like an even bigger piece of shit as a GM. Fuck that Skeletor-looking motherfucker.
                          Last edited by DudeClassicMan; 02-01-2013, 03:10 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
                            Sacks don't really mean jackshit when applied to middle linebackers. Lewis plays a totally different position than a coked-up demon pass rusher like LT or currently Ware or Harrison.
                            All good points but I was putting out there that the numbers don't back up why the guy deserves the hall nod yes I claimed him to be a good player many times but a hall player is a differen't story.

                            He didn't change the game he didn't bring a new scheme or prowess into the game and he always has had great outside linebackers to go with clogging up the line for him to shine just as the defensive tackles did.

                            Singletary had great coaching and was actually coaching when he played where as Ray doesn't really teach the defense as he did.

                            Comment


                            • If Joe Fucco has another clean game (2 or 3 TD passes, no INT's) he would be the first QB to not throw a single pick in a 4-game postseason. Although there's no fucking way that fart in a whirlwind pass should've gotten behind the Broncos to tie that game, he'll still deserve all the endless media knobslobbery if he delivers in the Super Bowl. Either you believe in the notion of a guy being able to raise his game in the postseason or you don't.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                                All good points but I was putting out there that the numbers don't back up why the guy deserves the hall nod yes I claimed him to be a good player many times but a hall player is a differen't story.

                                He didn't change the game he didn't bring a new scheme or prowess into the game and he always has had great outside linebackers to go with clogging up the line for him to shine just as the defensive tackles did.

                                Singletary had great coaching and was actually coaching when he played where as Ray doesn't really teach the defense as he did.
                                The INT's and sacks do back up him being a Hall Of Famer. Find the guys with more sacks or INT's playing as an inside linebacker that got snubbed; or with more All Pro nominations which are given based who was the very best each given season unlike the Pro Bowl popularity contest bullshit.

                                Thomas- 20.5 sacks, 17 INT
                                Mills- 20.5 sacks, 11 INT
                                Lewis- 52.5 sacks, 14 INT
                                Norton- 12.5 sacks, 6 INT
                                Edwards- 23.5 sacks, 28 INT

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X